Page 56 of 105 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Latino could work... I mostly just want to see a Gambit with a twist of ethnicity to reflect the twisty history of NOLA. He should be the Robin Hood of the Big Easy, not a Casper with an AirBnB in the French Quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Latino could work... I mostly just want to see a Gambit with a twist of ethnicity to reflect the twisty history of NOLA. He should be the Robin Hood of the Big Easy, not a Casper with an AirBnB in the French Quarter.
    Yeah, that's fair and a good point.

Although he might have to lose his Le Diable Blanc moniker then. Which is probably fine because it just reminds me of Ace Ventura 2 anyway. ; )

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

Rome Flynn, but with Superfly(2018) hair.

A bit of CW casting, but I'm so onboard with a black Gambit that another floppy -but steamy- white dude will feel like a slap. C'est la vie.
    Not rugged enough IMO. Looks more Ivy League than someone that grew up on the streets stealing to survive. Think they need someone who is charming but also can look a bit menacing.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I don't think Scott Eastwood is a good enough actor. Gambit is a role that demands effortless charm, and Eastwood is a typical action film actor with not a lot of range (which is why I'm definitely against him as Logan as well). I was thinking someone like a younger Michiel Huisman.

Also wouldn't mind at all if he was biracial. He's also foh' sure bisexual in my headcanon.
    He always reminded me Gambit in GOT.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Just a note, Harrison Ford was 33 when he first played Han Solo, while Carrie Fisher was only 19 as Princess Leia.

Though that role was definitely less physical. But again, there is CGI, body doubles, trainers, and stunt doubles to consider.

I think acting chops and the right look are probably more important than actual age within a reasonable range.

Between Dickinson and Eastwood, I think Eastwood has the better look. But I don't know much about either for their acting abilities.

Of course if they sit on it and don't make any move in the next several years, then we'd have to move the goal posts again.
    33 isn't old at all, majority of actors do lots of phisical exercise like crossfit. There isn't any phisical problem, even if they get in their 40s

I like the actor of Game of Thrones to be Remy.
    they are also actors can play someone younger by god lol.

what I do expect Gambit is what we see in the comics.
    I don't want Inclusion experiments. but a latin could work.
    but to choose I hope it is as close as possible to the canon.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Dacre Montgomery from Stranger Things gets my vote. I thought he was exceptional in some scenes in Season 3 especially this scene, even though the character is possesed you can see the real soul behind the eyes:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTbnIQMAhmU

Also he looks the part too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jiminy_Cricket; 04-11-2020 at 06:43 AM.
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    Dacre Montgomery
    He’s my Johnny Storm. Though, I’ve seen Johnny fancast with Kristen Stewart and that knocked me on my ass.

Never liked Montgomery.

Astonishing Member

Hmmm...not really seeing it, could possibly see him as Johnny Storm.

So, when you guys started talking about the hot topic rogue figure, it reminded me to go order one. Ordered that, a regular gambit (already ordered glow in the dark gambit) and hot topic was having a three pops for 27 dollars, so ordered another pop, too. But the next day, I didn’t get a order confirmation email and got an abandoned cart email. So I was like dang it, I thought I ordered that! So go back to hot topic, order again, get a different random third pop (because first random was now sold out) this time got order confirmation. Hurray, it worked! Then a few hours later, got a your order is on the way email, for the first order! So now I’ll have two flying rogues, two regular gambits, regular rogue glow in the dark gambit, and two random Star Wars pops... at least these are fun things and not ordering more elastic to make masks...

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Hmmm...not really seeing it, could possibly see him as Johnny Storm.

So, when you guys started talking about the hot topic rogue figure, it reminded me to go order one. Ordered that, a regular gambit (already ordered glow in the dark gambit) and hot topic was having a three pops for 27 dollars, so ordered another pop, too. But the next day, I didn’t get a order confirmation email and got an abandoned cart email. So I was like dang it, I thought I ordered that! So go back to hot topic, order again, get a different random third pop (because first random was now sold out) this time got order confirmation. Hurray, it worked! Then a few hours later, got a your order is on the way email, for the first order! So now I’ll have two flying rogues, two regular gambits, regular rogue glow in the dark gambit, and two random Star Wars pops... at least these are fun things and not ordering more elastic to make masks...
    Oh wow. I feel your pain, though. I had sooooo many issues with Hot Topic's website before I finally got my flying Rogue ordered (and just got it in the other day - YAY!). I think it took me 5 tries before I finally got my actual order completed
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    Dacre Montgomery from Stranger Things gets my vote. I thought he was exceptional in some scenes in Season 3 especially this scene, even though the character is possesed you can see the real soul behind the eyes:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTbnIQMAhmU

Also he looks the part too.

With Lily James from Baby Driver as Rogue.
    Last edited by Fokken; 04-16-2020 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

With Lily James from Baby Driver as Rogue.
    I love Lily James. She could totally work as Rogue
    Make Good Art

Astonishing Member

Not sure, about either, but if they are good actors, anything’s possible.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Not sure, about either, but if they are good actors, anything’s possible.
    Lily James has been in some good movies/shows. She's been solid in everything I've seen her in.

I've only seen Montgomery in Stranger Things and he was pretty good in that. I could see him pulling off Gambit
    Make Good Art