Page 65 of 105 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

I'll leave this board and discussion for... I guess whenever next Gambit comic comes out. Tini can't even write the orignal characters right and now she wants to do alternative versions. It's become an absurd game of guess who behaves more out of character. The characters allready behaves so weird it's hard for me to go"Ah that's weird I guess something must be up". It's allready so skewed I'm just assuming Tini is going along with her usual craft.

At this point my investment in her story is so low I can't even be bothered to read the none Gambit pages. It's a new low for me and I guess it's time to reconsider if I want to keep reading Marvel. I'm left debating whether it's better to destroy characters by intent or accident. If there is any difference at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I'll leave this board and discussion for... I guess whenever next Gambit comic comes out. Tini can't even write the orignal characters right and now she wants to do alternative versions. It's become an absurd game of guess who behaves more out of character. The characters allready behaves so weird it's hard for me to go"Ah that's weird I guess something must be up". It's allready so skewed I'm just assuming Tini is going along with her usual craft.

At this point my investment in her story is so low I can't even be bothered to read the none Gambit pages. It's a new low for me and I guess it's time to reconsider if I want to keep reading Marvel. I'm left debating whether it's better to destroy characters by intent or accident. If there is any difference at all.
    I feel you. At this point I just wait for possible MCU rumors or just read old comics or new books. Don't buy what makes you feel bad.
    Hopefully it will end soon.

Sounds like nothing has changed and the book is still a mess, I'm glad I stopped reading it.
    May the cancellation comes soon enough and Rogue and Gambit are finally spared from this train wreck of a book.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Sounds like nothing has changed and the book is still a mess, I'm glad I stopped reading it.
    May the cancellation comes soon enough and Rogue and Gambit are finally spared from this train wreck of a book.
    This has been the lowest-selling X-book for the last month or so iirc, so cancellation could happen soon
    Make Good Art

It won't end till the end of Swords of X. That crossover probably should even rise Excalibur sales. Hopefully won't help it.

Just reading through the Excalibur review thread, it seems like OG Excalibur fans are digging it far more than any Gambit or Rogue fans.

So here's the thing, since the "make more mutants" character arc for Gambit and Rogue was resolved (or killed depending on your POV), what is their current arc supposed to be?

Both individually and as a couple? They just seem like so much wallpaper in the last three issues.

Maybe there is something more going on with Rogue ... like whatever affect A had on Rogue between absorbing the gate and then him? Again ... no movement on that since the first story arc ended.

Gambit's arc is just basically being the voice of dissent (*ahem* reason *ahem*) and the suspicious/skeptical one in the group. It's not much of a thing. He got Rogue out of her coma and now what?

It feels like both are just there to be generic muscle and firepower to fill out the roster. If we could even get more just fun character interactions that might be worth something. At least the campfire scene last issue had some inklings of that.

Now they have possibly evil Captain Britain doppelgangers that I guess they'll have to fight? Kinda been there, done that idea recently already except for the Captain Britain part. We have yet to get a really great fight scene anyhow.

And without the previous rapid pacing of book releases, this just feels even more tedious than it already was.

Yet I just feel relieved that neither character, particularly Gambit, was being actively diminished in this issue. Neutral is at least not negative I guess.

Remy got to do something impressive ... sorta ... even if it's not him and not how his powers work ... ok ... sigh ...

Seems like maybe Kate and Rachel should be swapped in for Gambit and Rogue at this point. They are maybe more the story that Tini wants to tell? That part was a least cute.

We get to wait until August for the next issue now, so two more months with no Romy.

No announcement on CotA to see if maybe Vita is more up to writing Gambit at least.

So we wait ... and wait ... and wait ...and wait ...

I'm confused why people bring up Children of the Atom in conjunction with Remy & Rogue? Is this because that one cover had Remy on it with those other X-Men?

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Just reading through the Excalibur review thread, it seems like OG Excalibur fans are digging it far more than any Gambit or Rogue fans.

So here's the thing, since the "make more mutants" character arc for Gambit and Rogue was resolved (or killed depending on your POV), what is their current arc supposed to be?

Both individually and as a couple? They just seem like so much wallpaper in the last three issues.

Maybe there is something more going on with Rogue ... like whatever affect A had on Rogue between absorbing the gate and then him? Again ... no movement on that since the first story arc ended.

Gambit's arc is just basically being the voice of dissent (*ahem* reason *ahem*) and the suspicious/skeptical one in the group. It's not much of a thing. He got Rogue out of her coma and now what?

It feels like both are just there to be generic muscle and firepower to fill out the roster. If we could even get more just fun character interactions that might be worth something. At least the campfire scene last issue had some inklings of that.
    Yeah, I think you're right. It seems like they're just being used to sell the book to rubes like me who will buy anything with either of those characters

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'm confused why people bring up Children of the Atom in conjunction with Remy & Rogue? Is this because that one cover had Remy on it with those other X-Men?
    Pretty much. It looks like he'll appear in the book and I'm personally hoping he'll be written better there since Vita is writing him. They seem to have a better track record
    Make Good Art

Mighty Member

I could be wrong but isn't that the book that replaces gambit with a black girl? She has his coat and cards I think

Though Gambit had a small role he was used better in X-men Red. I really loved Gambit's inclusion in that book. I also loved Gambit in the Astonishing run where Xavier returns.

I don't think Gambit and Rogue fit this book so well. It would be great to see them used by Hickman in the main book. Maybe Rogue will be used in the Free Comic book day book (she is on the cover). Rogue and Gambit deserve to be with the other A-list characters imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I could be wrong but isn't that the book that replaces gambit with a black girl? She has his coat and cards I think
    I mean, its more a book that features FANS of the X-Men, paying respect/reverence by taking on their respective images.

They aren't replacing anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Though Gambit had a small role he was used better in X-men Red. I really loved Gambit's inclusion in that book. I also loved Gambit in the Astonishing run where Xavier returns.

I don't think Gambit and Rogue fit this book so well. It would be great to see them used by Hickman in the main book. Maybe Rogue will be used in the Free Comic book day book (she is on the cover). Rogue and Gambit deserve to be with the other A-list characters imo.
    Taylor always writes Gambit with respect. Love his role in RED. Especially in #11.
    Didn't like him in Astonishing at all. He was a wallpaper there.

I have high hopes for free comic book day. Maybe at least Rogue will shine in DOX. Don't expect anything good for Gambit anytime soon.

I mean, its more a book that features FANS of the X-Men, paying respect/reverence by taking on their respective images.

They aren't replacing anyone.
    I'm HOPING that perhaps the OG characters they are emulating will maybe have some kind of a mentor-like role. At least maybe in the beginning.

It's probably a lot to hope for, but a gal can dream.

For what it's worth, this new Gambit gal seems adorable. A lot have suggested it could be Wendy, who showed up at the very end of Liu's Astonishing run. Gambit really has shined in mentorship roles, so it could really work if that's the case.

Also I'd just like to see someone else write him for a bit and Vita seems to know their X-characters. They write a perfect Bishop. Also they are one of the few current X-writers I haven't seen express a negative opinion of Gambit ... at least yet. Sigh.

I wish Remy got more love.