Page 7 of 105 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Hey guys, the first podcast episode for Rogue and Gambit on Comic Book Couples Counseling is out today and pretty darn fun. Go check it out!

Also, on Twitter KT hints at something steamy coming up for R&G in Excalibur #6.

So I'm definitely holding on for another issue.

I don't think I counted either the Rogue or Gambit deaths, as neither lasted long enough to thoroughly feel their loss.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Hey guys, the first podcast episode for Rogue and Gambit on Comic Book Couples Counseling is out today and pretty darn fun. Go check it out!
    I listened last night (thinking it’d be nice white noise to knock out to but stayed awake the whole time!) - loved all the love & props they threw your way Apple! Agreed, really fun episode!

Also, on Twitter KT hints at something steamy coming up for R&G in Excalibur #6.
    KT remains the best

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Attachment 91421

This image is helping me hold out hope that things will turn around, because it's so incredibly sweet looking. How can Tini not love him?! She has to, right???? Maybe there's a reason for giving him all this abuse?
    My last bit of optimism is hoping that there is some major payoff for the abuse. I dabble in X-Men fan fic and I realized I started it with Gambit getting his ass handed to him so I could build him back up. Kind of a de-construction to re-construction type thing to get a better handle on the character's voice and actions and have him learn. Of course, I feel like I haven't made him look like an idiot and have everyone kick him while he's down, but maybe Howard is approaching it differently from me haha
    Make Good Art

Awesome! I'll listen to that today. I need a pallet cleanser lol
    Make Good Art

I'm pretty enamored with their format. It's a lot of fun.

Next week are the two Mackie minis, which are probably a little more weak in portraying their relationship.

But I REALLY can't wait until they cover both of KT's runs, especially Rogue and Gambit in week 3! It was practically MADE for this show.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    I listened last night (thinking it’d be nice white noise to knock out to but stayed awake the whole time!) - loved all the love & props they threw your way Apple! Agreed, really fun episode!
    Hehe, yeah I've been politely pestering them for like a year. I'm shameless when it comes to Rogue and Gambit promotion. LOL

But seriously, I have really enjoyed all their episodes. Now I just need to talk them into joining the Gambit and Rogue fan club. I think they will flip for KTs books.

That awkward moment when the previous writer is better at hyping the fanbase than the current one

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    That awkward moment when the previous writer is better at hyping the fanbase than the current one
    I think that says a lot about their love for the characters.

Dang, this Remy and Rogue from Germán Peralta! But especially Remy.

https://twitter.com/GermnPeralta10/s...92645853614082

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzz View Post
    I think that says a lot about their love for the characters.
    I'm pretty sure Tini just doesn't do fan interactions on Twitter or a lot of promotion. Taking a page from Hickman's book there I suppose. Although he's downright annoying and obtuse on Twitter. I just ignore him.

But I understand. It's a double-edged sword. While you might get to reap praise and fun interactions and great insights into the fanbase, you also end up opening yourself up to constant criticism and harassment and stalkers, especially if you're a woman.

Nothing but respect for the creators brave enough to put themselves out there.

But yeah, I'm glad KT said something because it's been feeling pretty bleak in here lately. We need a beacon of hope.

While I'd like to assume new writers like Tini have the best of intentions, we've all been burnt by writers who actively dislike our favorite characters and don't have good intentions for them.

But as you said Sandman's Raven, could be a case of breaking down a character to build them back up. Time will tell. I'm trying to have patience. (Also, PM me where I can find your FF! I'd love to read. I've been a dabbler myself.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Dang, this Remy and Rogue from Germán Peralta! But especially Remy.

https://twitter.com/GermnPeralta10/s...92645853614082

Oooh! Loved German Peralta on Prisoner X. Wouldn't mind seeing him take on Rogue and Gambit sometime.

(Also, PM me where I can find your FF! I'd love to read. I've been a dabbler myself.)
    Definitely! I'm finishing up the first arc and then I'll publish it but I'll send a link when it's up
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    It’s a double edged sword with buying the title. It tells marvel we support Gambit but also we support the current direction. I think we should buy the comic as long as it isn’t cancelation level. While contacting editors and particularly the X-men group editor (Ketchum? White?)Asking for a new writer and title for Gambit. Or just Tini start giving him some care.
    Speaking of double edge sword

How about this for some imagery?
    4A111821-4BC3-4F75-AFD0-0FB18549AC88.jpg

Made me wonder of its significance (if any)

Anyway yeah I’m remaining hopeful Tini gives Remy some much needed redemption.

Thanks for the share on the podcast, AJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Definitely! I'm finishing up the first arc and then I'll publish it but I'll send a link when it's up
    I will also require a link please.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    I will also require a link please.
    Oh boy, I'm gonna have to make sure it's nice and cleaned up haha but will do!
    Make Good Art