Page 70 of 105 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1563

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Question for Rogue fans. What were your thoughts on the fact that Rogue was pulled out of the X-Men for years and taken over to the Avengers side of things? Was this seen as a much-needed change for the character or did it feel like a limitation that she was being separated from the X-Universe?
    Honestly I kind of thought that Marvel Ed did that to 'save' her or at least give a fan favorite the spotlight during an otherwise dry X-Men spell (re: CompleX). So being a huge Rogue fan, I liked her being visible but I of course will ALWAYS prefer her being on the X-teams.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Oh right! I had to go back and look up the date. July 15th, so next week. Presumably no preview since it's a freebie?

Rogue is at least on the cover.
    Oh it’s next week? Drat! Was hoping we’d get some goodness tomorrow. Ah well.

Not sure what to expect with the Rogue story. Hickman struggles to write female characters and Rogue is a fairly nuanced character so I guess we’ll see what happens. Worse case she’ll just be a plot device to frame a storyline that hints at something upcoming. Best case, we’ll get a kickass story of her. Here’s hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Oh it’s next week? Drat! Was hoping we’d get some goodness tomorrow. Ah well.

Not sure what to expect with the Rogue story. Hickman struggles to write female characters and Rogue is a fairly nuanced character so I guess we’ll see what happens. Worse case she’ll just be a plot device to frame a storyline that hints at something upcoming. Best case, we’ll get a kickass story of her. Here’s hoping.
    Yeah my expectations are low, but my optimism is still somehow high?

At this rate it will just be nice to see her face.

Yeah my expectations are low, but my optimism is still somehow high?
    COVID has really calibrated our expectations. Just seeing her do something — anything — is exciting. Hickman could write the entire story of her making quiche and I’d thumbs up it.

COVID has really calibrated our expectations. Just seeing her do something — anything — is exciting. Hickman could write the entire story of her making quiche and I’d thumbs up it.
    It has and ... Ummm, hell yeah I want that story! LOL

I mean, it involves a clear goal at least? Though I do tend to headcannon that Rogue isn't an especially good cook. I think she's good for making muffins with a store bought mix. Maybe some grits? But you and I both know that quiche is gonna fall or end up burned. And then she'll probably pitch it in the trash, just a tad too hard. And Remy's going to walk into that kitchen, totally notice that's it's kind of a disaster and know better than to say a single word.

Anyhow ... got a little sidetracked there ... yes, next week! Woo!

Side side note ... I totally can't picture Rogue wielding a sword? Has she ever?

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I mean, it involves a clear goal at least? Though I do tend to headcannon that Rogue isn't an especially good cook. I think she's good for making muffins with a store bought mix. Maybe some grits? But you and I both know that quiche is gonna fall or end up burned. And then she'll probably pitch it in the trash, just a tad too hard. And Remy's going to walk into that kitchen, totally notice that's it's kind of a disaster and know better than to say a single word.

Side side note ... I totally can't picture Rogue wielding a sword? Has she ever?
    Ok, I'm sorry to continue the digression, but who do you think cooked while Rogue was growing up? My money is on Destiny, but if we're talking Brotherhood years, I like to imagine Pyro was excellent grill-master, precisely for his power-set lol

I also like to imagine that Destiny and Gambit will trade cooking secrets whenever they meet
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Ok, I'm sorry to continue the digression, but who do you think cooked while Rogue was growing up? My money is on Destiny, but if we're talking Brotherhood years, I like to imagine Pyro was excellent grill-master, precisely for his power-set lol

I also like to imagine that Destiny and Gambit will trade cooking secrets whenever they meet
    I cannot for the life of me see Mystique being that into cooking. She is just too utilitarian/practical in my mind to put effort into anything artistic or aesthetic. Like she appreciates the finer things in life, but doesn't want to put energy into it? All that is saved for the mutant cause and accomplishing her goals.

So my money is on Destiny for sure. She has that wise, mystical, methodical essence to her where the journey is as important as the destination and all the details matter.

Probably I'm overthinking it.

And I can totes see Pyro as the king of the BBQ, though I'm not sure what the British equivalent is?

Rogue wielded a sword when she was fighting Vargas in Extreme X-Men.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I cannot for the life of me see Mystique being that into cooking. She is just too utilitarian/practical in my mind to put effort into anything artistic or aesthetic. Like she appreciates the finer things in life, but doesn't want to put energy into it? All that is saved for the mutant cause and accomplishing her goals.

So my money is on Destiny for sure. She has that wise, mystical, methodical essence to her where the journey is as important as the destination and all the details matter.

Probably I'm overthinking it.

And I can totes see Pyro as the king of the BBQ, though I'm not sure what the British equivalent is?
    For sure. Mystique strikes me as either ordering-in for every meal or just eating the same thing
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Rogue wielded a sword when she was fighting Vargas in Extreme X-Men.
    Ah yes! Good memory!

We’ve seen her make catfish & boysenberry pie, ah.... not sure if anything else. But I’ve always headcannoned she cooks with a heavy hand; lard, butter, heavy creme, etc. But yeah, that’s she’s not especially great at it. But totally a fun cook with a spatula in one hand and a glass of whiskey in the other. Sure she burns the quiche, but that’s why she dumps more cheese on it. If you can’t see it, it ain’t burned.

I hope Rogue gets to swing Vargas’ sword in X of Swords. It got rammed through her own back so that’d be fucking killer if she reclaimed it & made it hers.
    Last edited by PeachFlavoredXanax; 07-08-2020 at 05:57 PM.

We’ve seen her make catfish & boysenberry pie, ah.... not sure if anything else. But I’ve always headcannoned she cooks with a heavy hand; lard, butter, heavy creme, etc. But yeah, that’s she’s not especially great at it. But totally a fun cook with a spatula in one hand and a glass of whiskey in the other. Sure she burns the quiche, but that’s why she dumps more cheese on it. If you can’t see it, it ain’t burned.
    Oh yeah ... Rogue is giving you the full fat and sugar recipe, definitely on the whiskey ... no EVOO or artificial sweeteners happening there.

I hope Rogue gets to swing Vargas’ sword in X of Swords. It got rammed through her own back so that’d be fucking killer if she reclaimed it & made it hers.
    Maybe she and Remy can share? Or he'll scape up a nice rapier. Or ... more likely neither of them gets a Sword.

Rogue fans!

Why are you thougths are bout the "EMMA-SCOTT-JEAN-LOGAN" thing? you see this two getting the poly activated?

Who are you poly for them?

Mine are ROGUE-REMY-STORM-COLOSSUS

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Rogue fans!

Why are you thougths are bout the "EMMA-SCOTT-JEAN-LOGAN" thing? you see this two getting the poly activated?

Who are you poly for them?

Mine are ROGUE-REMY-STORM-COLOSSUS
    Eh, it's not a thing I'm really into, so I don't have any suggestions. But whatever floats your boat.

or is better Mags-Rogue-Gambit?

if feel that more shocking and weird