Page 74 of 105 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1563

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Kelly Thompson where are you?
    Writing some really good issues of Captain Marvel ...

Meanwhile back at Excalibur ... *crickets*

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Writing some really good issues of Captain Marvel ...

Meanwhile back at Excalibur ... *crickets*
    If she made Rogue a supporting character in that book exploring their relationship I would certainly start buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    If she made Rogue a supporting character in that book exploring their relationship I would certainly start buying it.
    She did guest star for one issue if you didn't get a chance to catch it. But yeah, Captain Marvel #17 was pretty fun. Ms. Marvel and Wolverine, the two Jessicas, poker, escape rooms ... board games and nerdy shit ...'nuff said. It was right up my alley. I wouldn't expect Rogue and Carol to be besties though and for her to get that kind of invite. With them I think it's forgive maybe, forget probably never. It WOULD be interesting if they were forced to be on a team together some day though. Plenty of tension to draw on.

So today's preview for the Empyre tie in issue mentioned Serval Industries! THAT could prove interesting, given we never got specific closure when ANXF abruptly ended. My interest is suddenly far more piqued in Empyre.

As all evidence suggests Rogue and Gambit won't be in X of Swords, any conjecture on what might be keeping them occupied elsewhere? Maybe something to do with Empyre?

This is me being hopelessly optimistic that they won't get shelved again for no apparent reason, but not holding my breath. There's too many time worthy X-characters and Hickman already has his clear favorites that he's going to disproportionately elevate in DoX ... as do all writers.

Any chances either of them will cameo in Giant-Size Storm? Can only hope. Artists love them even if writers don't and Larraz would make them gorgeous, no doubt.

Just thinking ...

It might be nice, it might be nice ... to get Donny Cates on our side. It might be nice, it might be NICE. To get Vita Ayala on our side.

Sorry ... too much Hamilton!
    Last edited by AppleJ; 07-18-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

She did guest star for one issue if you didn't get a chance to catch it. But yeah, Captain Marvel #17 was pretty fun. Ms. Marvel and Wolverine, the two Jessicas, poker, escape rooms ... board games and nerdy shit ...'nuff said. It was right up my alley. I wouldn't expect Rogue and Carol to be besties though and for her to get that kind of invite. With them I think it's forgive maybe, forget probably never. It WOULD be interesting if they were forced to be on a team together some day though. Plenty of tension to draw on.

So today's preview for the Empyre tie in issue mentioned Serval Industries! THAT could prove interesting, given we never got specific closure when ANXF abruptly ended. My interest is suddenly far more piqued in Empyre.

As all evidence suggests Rogue and Gambit won't be in X of Swords, any conjecture on what might be keeping them occupied elsewhere? Maybe something to do with Empyre?

This is me being hopelessly optimistic that they won't get shelved again for no apparent reason, but not holding my breath. There's too many time worthy X-characters and Hickman already has his clear favorites that he's going to disproportionately elevate in DoX ... as do all writers.

Any chances either of them will cameo in Giant-Size Storm? Can only hope. Artists love them even if writers don't and Larraz would make them gorgeous, no doubt.

Just thinking ...

It might be nice, it might be nice ... to get Donny Cates on our side. It might be nice, it might be NICE. To get Vita Ayala on our side.

Serval being involved could be interesting. Have they popped up at all since the end of ANXF?
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Serval being involved could be interesting. Have they popped up at all since the end of ANXF?
    Never popped up. Even if they will appear, I am sure that Gambit won't be used in that story.

167ZhoO (1).jpg

One more X-Men/FF issue with Rogue in the cast listing. So far I'm not sure why she's there other than to serve as background and muscle. Thought at least we'd see her talk to Johnny Storm.

Just thinking ...

I’ll do a mini rant.

One thing I loved with x-men red was that it dared to have ambition. Ambition about it’s characters. I liked reading about Jean there. Perhaps even more so because she was removed from her normal context. The whole 05 gang or her soap opera with Scott, Emma and Logan. It dared to use her as something else.

Now with Hickman we are back to discussion her in the same old tired ways. Not about who she is as a character but who she sleeps with. Where polyamory is suppose to be a progressive and ambitious idea from Hickman it just reduces her again. At least so far.

I feel the same way with Rouge and Gambit. Even if Hickman would write them we wouldn’t get more then a few scenes with then using their powers in a high sci-fi way. Then it would be about who they have sex with.

I thought one of the good things about the marrriage was that for once we could get a breather on that topic.

So Hickman and... I can’t even remember her name.. current Excalibur writer. They both have let me and us down. Because whatever ambition and invention we are getting isn’t about the characters. It’s about what mutants can, should or will be. Witch to me grows tired without building it on strong character work.

Gambit, by Serg Acuña (the same guy that did the Rogue that AppleJ posted recently)

EdoqF5SWAAAZwwm.jpg

From his Twitter
    Make Good Art

Gambit, by Serg Acuña (the same guy that did the Rogue that AppleJ posted recently)

EdoqF5SWAAAZwwm.jpg

From his Twitter
    Get this guy some cover art deals already!

After today's Next Big Thing panel ... sounds like X of Swords goes through all of the fall issues, like September through November line wide.

Already feeling super meh for Romy in this storyline. More of the same as we've had in Excalibur so far? Probably.

After today's Next Big Thing panel ... sounds like X of Swords goes through all of the fall issues, like September through November line wide.

Already feeling super meh for Romy in this storyline. More of the same as we've had in Excalibur so far? Probably.
    I got a sliver of hope that Tini might move on to something else after 12 and someone would take over Excalibur since Marauders is getting a new writer. No such luck. It just looks like we're getting a different artist.

Edit: Just realized that 13 is a tie-in, so that's probably why there's a new artist
    Last edited by Sandmans_Raven; 07-24-2020 at 12:13 PM.
    Make Good Art

I got a sliver of hope that Tini might move on to something else after 12 and someone would take over Excalibur since Marauders is getting a new writer. No such luck. It just looks like we're getting a different artist.

Edit: Just realized that 13 is a tie-in, so that's probably why there's a new artist
    Right! RB Silva I think they said maybe? Which ... ehhh ... sure. I'd rather have To, but Silva is okay.

My guess is Rogue and Gambit get to be in the background at most and have no real part in X of Swords. Definitely nothing in Empyre for them. Probably can't even hope for them getting their own B or C plot. Uggghhh ... I'm so just so deflated and unenthusiastic.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    So fun! Love that Rogue got pulled into this group with her UA ties. Love her teasing Carol with a bare finger. And love this as a reference back to her days living on a California beach and surfing in X-Treme X-Men.

Also nice to know Mark Brooks knows Rogue is a character since she was missing in his previous X-art teasers.

So fun! Love that Rogue got pulled into this group with her UA ties. Love her teasing Carol with a bare finger. And love this as a reference back to her days living on a California beach and surfing in X-Treme X-Men.

Also nice to know Mark Brooks knows Rogue is a character since she was missing in his previous X-art teasers.
    cool uncanny avengers team give Watson a armor and done.