Page 80 of 105 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1563

Quote Originally Posted by Laemar View Post
    I've never noticed before but the first item Gambit gets from the cabinet is a sword.
    Yes. Probably sword with wich Apoc took power from Candra and put it into jem.
    Deck of cards. Probably Taro cards from X-Men Free Comic book day.
    And Candra`s gem.

That gem and probably sword.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

creeesart posted this Rogue and Gambit piece they did on reddit. Had to share here

Attached Images Attached Images
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Yes. Probably sword with wich Apoc took power from Candra and put it into jem.
    Deck of cards. Probably Taro cards from X-Men Free Comic book day.
    And Candra`s gem.
    Man, now they're just teasing us by giving him a sword if he's not even in X of Swords.

I'm a tad perplexed that the cards look like normal playing cards, yet they do have a wax seal and even normal playing cards can be used for tarot readings. So I agree they must have something extra special about them. Saturnyne doesn't seem like a gin rummy or poker fan.

I still feel strongly that Gambit is recognizing the gem here. I seriously hope this means he and Rogue will be in a position to move against Apocalypse and take an active role in the plot and it's not just more hapless wandering from task to task.

At least it's more interesting than a flower coffin that leads to no babies or the extinction of a species. Wooo?

So I have finished reading Excalibur 11. This time I didn't just skip the pages that didn't have Rogue or Gambit on them. Overall the comic flows better but the problems persist. It's a better comic when Tini actually uses the cast. It's still a good cast. Just not a good fit for what Tini/Hickman/Marvel is trying to do. The potential for what it could have been in the light of what it is cast a long and bleak shadow.

The last scene with Rogue and Gambit is one of the better ones. Mostly because it actully uses the characters and their personalites. It doesn't try to working with multiple story layers and instead focuses on two characters interacting and that furthing only one plot. Tini still writes a sulky Gambit who needs to be shaken out of his moods. Still it's nice to see Rogue move away from trying to please Betsy and just have fun with her man.

It's ambigious if Gambit recognises the gem or not. It's not drawn to look different from any other run of the mill medevial red gem with gold. Gambit shouldn't expect to see it there. Still Tini actually went through the trouble of aknowleding the importance of the gem and Gambit's connection to Candra. If he doesn't recognises it will not look good for Gambit. I'm thinking there is no way that could be the case, it's just too stupid. Also with the phrasing of Pretty there is leeway that he understands the significance of the gem and sees it's history.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Man, now they're just teasing us by giving him a sword if he's not even in X of Swords.

I'm a tad perplexed that the cards look like normal playing cards, yet they do have a wax seal and even normal playing cards can be used for tarot readings. So I agree they must have something extra special about them. Saturnyne doesn't seem like a gin rummy or poker fan.

I still feel strongly that Gambit is recognizing the gem here. I seriously hope this means he and Rogue will be in a position to move against Apocalypse and take an active role in the plot and it's not just more hapless wandering from task to task.

At least it's more interesting than a flower coffin that leads to no babies or the extinction of a species. Wooo?
    Gambit's precognition abilities will geat activated again because of magic Taro cards and future danger of Apoc plan. He sees on Taro all bad Apoc's things and future results of them. He must stop all that now. So he breaks that gem and becomes Eternal. Kisses Rogue so she duplicates his Eternal power. Eternal Gambit and Rogue arrive to Apoc to stop his evil plan by kicking his ass together. Fight ends with Remy stabbing Apoc into heart and taking his powers from him and putting all them into sword. They won and stopped all ritual but too late. Apoc is dead but Rictor was the main part of ritual. Apoc sacrifised Rictor so portal is open and Swords of X starts.

Oh, sorry. I forgot that it is Tini Howard.
    It will be lame as this:

Apoc sent them to Saturyne on purpose. He knew that Gambit is a kleptomaniac and even left everything open for him so Remy can easily steal Sword, Cards and Gem. Right at thieving Gambit is captured by Betsy. She told that Remy must be better then this and more as A. Gambit accidentally falls from a citadel and breaks gem. He got all eternal power but unfortunatelly sword was falling too and stabbed him right into his heart. Magic cards are all in his blood so Apoc's ritual is finished. Swords of X starts.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 08-22-2020 at 11:00 AM.

Astonishing Member

Lol, bitter cynicism (not unfounded, unfortunately...)

Also, Candra gem was destroyed in the original story, he might ‘recognize’ it, but think it must be something else, because the ‘real’ one was destroyed...maybe *shrugs*

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Someone just posted this delicious Rogue/Gambit cover on Tumblr.
    On sale 8/25/2020 at Unknown Comic Books and on the Unknown Comics App.

By Marco Mastrazzo

4DF1A2C6-29B2-4977-B0A3-D7E177089588.jpg

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Someone just posted this delicious Rogue/Gambit cover on Tumblr.
    On sale 8/25/2020 at Unknown Comic Books and on the Unknown Comics App.

By Marco Mastrazzo

4DF1A2C6-29B2-4977-B0A3-D7E177089588.jpg
    Oh man, Rogue's poor back. Really cool art otherwise
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Oh man, Rogue's poor back. Really cool art otherwise
    I'm also a bit confused by what is going on with Gambit's missing half of his duster and his pointy bum. Hmmmm ...

Astonishing Member

Not loving the eighties-biker-vampire vibe, but I could see how other people could like it.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Not loving the eighties-biker-vampire vibe, but I could see how other people could like it.
    The REAL question ... will they even be in the book this variant cover is for?

I was willing to make an exception for that Joe Madd cover during HoX/PoX, but probably not this one. Even if it's an Excalibur variant I'll probably just stick to my digital.

Astonishing Member

Lol, I got that cover, too! It was good looking. I don’t which book this is for.

Look at this gorgeous Rogue from Lukas Werneck on Twitter!IMG_20200831_093538.jpg

She may have stolen this outfit from Emma, but she definitely can pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Look at this gorgeous Rogue from Lukas Werneck on Twitter!IMG_20200831_093538.jpg

She may have stolen this outfit from Emma, but she definitely can pull it off.
    Cool and stylish art!

Mr with a style for stylish Mrs

Last edited by Purplevit; 08-31-2020 at 07:52 AM.