Page 82 of 105 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1563

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Any rouge stories recommended, before the marriage and gambit team ups
    Mike Carey's Supernovas (the first time Rogue was able to put together her own team)

X-Men Legacy (220/275)

Uncanny Avengers II (the first two volumes are awful but Duggan did a really good job with the third volume)

Avengers No Surrender (Rogue wasn't in all the issues but she was one of the leaders and was able to shine more than once)

Second Coming (one of my favorite events, Rogue has an important place in it and the story uses the versatile aspect of her mutation a lot)

For tun Rogue leadership check out Revolution too.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Speaking of Second Coming, I wonder if we'll ever see someone follow up on the connection between Rogue and Hope. Becomes even more curious to me given Hope's totally new role as one of the Five. Was thinking Rogue could absorb The Five to resurrect Destiny in theory ... but could she absorb Hope? Or would their powers cancel out? Rogue doesn't have the enhancement angle to her powers that Hope does though.

Also, the Excalibur #12 preview thread is up ... nothing Earth shattering. Same panels we saw before with the Externals. Candra seems to maybe still be her teen version. More Apocalypse nonsense. I suppose Romy will show eventually in the issue. Just have no excitement for this event.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Speaking of Second Coming, I wonder if we'll ever see someone follow up on the connection between Rogue and Hope. Becomes even more curious to me given Hope's totally new role as one of the Five. Was thinking Rogue could absorb The Five to resurrect Destiny in theory ... but could she absorb Hope? Or would their powers cancel out? Rogue doesn't have the enhancement angle to her powers that Hope does though.

Also, the Excalibur #12 preview thread is up ... nothing Earth shattering. Same panels we saw before with the Externals. Candra seems to maybe still be her teen version. More Apocalypse nonsense. I suppose Romy will show eventually in the issue. Just have no excitement for this event.
    It would be really cool to see Rogue act as a "back-up" to the Five.
    Make Good Art

Speaking of Second Coming, I wonder if we'll ever see someone follow up on the connection between Rogue and Hope
    I would love to have someone do it. And I was disappointed that they took Rogue's position of mentor and protector away from her and gave it to Wanda

Can you recommend the best Gambit stories to me ? I admit being on this thread especially for Rogue but Gambit interests me more and more and I would like to read more comics where he is really to his advantage (I had mostly read comics where he worked as a duet with Rogue or Laura)

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

I did exactly that in a fanfic! Great minds think alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Could you post your fanfic link please ? I would love to read it

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Could you post your fanfic link please ? I would love to read it
    It’s a (long out of canon) Kurt story, but I needed bring Irene back and her daughter seemed like the best way, because of the emotional attachment.

But it happens off screen in the last chapter of Soul Searching
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/23...pters/55245481

And Rogue is a viewpoint character in the third story, which has the fall out from the resurrection and she gets to do stuff!
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/23...pters/55456900

I’d be interested to know a Rogue fans opinion on how I’ve used her!

It’s a (long out of canon) Kurt story, but I needed bring Irene back and her daughter seemed like the best way, because of the emotional attachment.

But it happens off screen in the last chapter of Soul Searching
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/23...pters/55245481

And Rogue is a viewpoint character in the third story, which has the fall out from the resurrection and she gets to do stuff!
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/23...pters/55456900

I’d be interested to know a Rogue fans opinion on how I’ve used her!
    Than you !

Thank you!*
    I hate my cell phone bugs

Very cool! I will check it out!

Can you recommend the best Gambit stories to me ? I admit being on this thread especially for Rogue but Gambit interests me more and more and I would like to read more comics where he is really to his advantage (I had mostly read comics where he worked as a duet with Rogue or Laura)
    My favorite Remy on his own series are the 1999 Gambit series by Fabian Nicieza and the 2012 Gambit series by James Asmus. They follow his perspective and do the most to really build up his lore IMO. Rogue does cameo in a few issues, but the plots are Gambit centric.

Also his origin story UXM 266 and 267 teaming up with lil Ro are pretty great. All New X-Factor has good content for his more humourous side, but I also treat this one with an asterisk for some of the Peter David nonsense.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 09-11-2020 at 06:34 AM.

Very cool! I will check it out!

My favorite Remy on his own series are the 1999 Gambit series by Fabian Nicieza and the 2012 Gambit series by James Asmus. They follow his perspective and do the most to really build up his lore IMO. Rogue does cameo in a few issues, but the plots are Gambit centric.

Also his origin story UXM 266 and 267 teaming up with lil Ro are pretty great. All New X-Factor has good content for his more humourous side, but I also treat this one with an asterisk for some of the Peter David nonsense.
    Thank you very much

I've read All-New X-Factor before (and loved the chemistry Lorna shared with Pietro and Remy) but I'm going to start reading the other stories you recommended right away

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Thank you very much

I've read All-New X-Factor before (and loved the chemistry Lorna shared with Pietro and Remy) but I'm going to start reading the other stories you recommended right away
    100% agree with AppleJ's recs. I would also add X-Men 33. It's a really great issue exploring more of Gambit's Past.

Also, your avatar is great. I love "Business Rogue" so much
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Also, your avatar is great. I love "Business Rogue" so much
    Rogue with a suit is everything