Page 84 of 105 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1563

I think you all are worried for nothing. Seriously, I've heard this same song and dance time and time again to the point it's exhausting. And in a mutant book why would they ever replace several extremely popular mutants with non-mutant teen fans? They wouldn't. It makes no sense. CotA won't replace X-Men.

I really don't see Kate Bishop or any other Legacy character as "superior". If they grow a bigger fanbase than an OG character that simply tells you there was a niche wanting to be filled for different fans and different reasons that the OG didn't work for.

If you want to live in fear of change and growth that's totally your perogative. Doesn't mean it has to be everyone else's. By all means, don't buy it if you are so worried though.

But remind me again, how many Peter Parker Spiderman movies, cartoons, and video games did we get before we ever saw a Mile Morales or Jessica Drew Spiderman/Spiderwoman? Something like 10 vs 2 vs 0? Sound about right? The established OG characters always have the advantage.

Also, just an FYI Vita identifies as nonbinary and goes by they/them not she/her.

I might be wrong, but didn't they change CotA from an ongoing to a mini-series? Either way, I won't be reading it.
    Vita's recent work with 007 was truly awful, Bond was a sidekick in his own book overshadowed by a strong black woman that was able to do pretty much everything better than him. Does that sound familiar?
    Since Gambit and Bond share some similarities I'm inclined to believe that she won't be able to deliver a good respectful rendition of Gambit.
    Anyway, I've lost all interest in the current X-line, instead of wasting my money in the trash that Marvel is currently producing, I'm spending it in old trades and manga. I won't be coming back until there's a relaunch, hopefully then Gambit and Rogue will be in the hands of a competent writer.

Excalibur #12 is coming tomorrow...

Rogue and Gambit had a surprisingly good ending in the eleventh issue but I'm really afraid of what Tini has in store for them in the twelfth issue, especially since this is the last Excalibur issue before XoS

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    I might be wrong, but didn't they change CotA from an ongoing to a mini-series? Either way, I won't be reading it.
    Vita's recent work with 007 was truly awful, Bond was a sidekick in his own book overshadowed by a strong black woman that was able to do pretty much everything better than him. Does that sound familiar?
    Since Gambit and Bond share some similarities I'm inclined to believe that she won't be able to deliver a good respectful rendition of Gambit.
    Anyway, I've lost all interest in the current X-line, instead of wasting my money in the trash that Marvel is currently producing, I'm spending it in old trades and manga. I won't be coming back until there's a relaunch, hopefully then Gambit and Rogue will be in the hands of a competent writer.
    It does sound eerily familiar, but probably not in the way you're thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post

Rogue and Gambit had a surprisingly good ending in the eleventh issue but I'm really afraid of what Tini has in store for them in the twelfth issue, especially since this is the last Excalibur issue before XoS
    #11 wasn't good. Just wasn't as terrible as previous issues.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 09-15-2020 at 03:24 AM.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    #11 wasn't good. Just wasn't as terrible as previous issues.
    I thought it was good ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Being ride or die for Romy is challenging at times.

Excalibur has been one of those times for me. But last issue WAS better. Still a ways to go to make me super enthusiastic for it. Case in point, I totally forgot that issue 12 is tomorrow.

But I will read it in hopes for continued improvement and who knows, better things to come? ... and if not, I guess we have good Marcus To art.

Now time to go cry into my Dew Garita.

No Gambit on GZ Storm issue. Not a surprise.

Just popping in to say Lizzy Caplan would make a terrific Rogue in the MCU.

Rogue and Gambit play a modest, but not insignificant role in Excalibur #12. Definitely worth checking out.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Rogue and Gambit play a modest, but not insignificant role in Excalibur #12. Definitely worth checking out.
    That's good to hear! Thanks for the heads up!
    Make Good Art

Gambit got a short cameo in Scott's Snapshot

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I have just read it .Don't pick it up! It reeks of characters doing things to further the plot. Thinly attempts to disguise it as character motivation. We get a suprisingly large number of pages with Gambit but they all don't offer us any insights or development into his character. In the end all speculations is for naught. It's just empty pages that take the plot for a small stroll before it's continued without any greater meaning.

It's not horrible. Certainly no tthe worst issue. It's just disapointing, again, for the potential of what it could have been. Especially considering Gambit and Rogue.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Gambit got a short cameo in Scott's Snapshot
    That's cool. I saw a page from that on reddit and it seems like it's a good story. Might have to check it out, even if Gambit only has a cameo
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    That's cool. I saw a page from that on reddit and it seems like it's a good story. Might have to check it out, even if Gambit only has a cameo
    This Snapshot may well be Scott's best story since at least Gillen's run. I loved it