Page 88 of 105 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1563

Don't want cheap deathes. I still think that all ressurected peoples are just clones and it will be revealed later.

Probably Rictor will die and got ressurected in issue 16. Gambit and Rogue will be just sidelined in limbo in Ourworld or in some prison till #16. So they all will be reunited in #16 or smth like this.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I'm still assuming the Excalibur team is largely sidelined for this event? So maybe it's just Rictor returning from resurrection or healing?

Or maybe it's To being reunited with the characters after taking a break from drawing them during Swords?

No idea. I feel like it means we won't see a lot of them for a while which makes me frown.

How does anyone feel about Gambit or Rogue dying and being resurrected in this era?

Somehow I can't say I would feel great about it. The characters don't seem themselves when they come back and I'm already tired of cheap deaths when death has no real meaning or apparent consequences.
    Maybe it’s the cynic in me, but I could see Marvel killing off Gambit and/or Rogue just to toy with the “till death” aspect of marriage when they are resurrected. Not that I’m saying this is what will happen in the next issues, but this new revelation made me think of this.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Maybe it’s the cynic in me, but I could see Marvel killing off Gambit and/or Rogue just to toy with the “till death” aspect of marriage when they are resurrected. Not that I’m saying this is what will happen in the next issues, but this new revelation made me think of this.
    Yeah, could be. They've already used them to toy around with the "Make More Mutants" proclamation meaning (yep, still salty about that). So why not now mess with their marriage too? It's only a matter of time.

I guess we have Scott and Jean who both just returned from the dead only to be immediately killed again and brought back with the resurrection protocols. I wonder if those fans feel like they are really still the same characters. I mean, one can get all philosophical and ask if anyone is really the same person they were after time has passed and life changes them. But resurrection in this instance seems to mean actual loss of memories and physical body and continuity in general.

As you said Purp ... maybe they're all just clones this whole time and 3 years from now Hickman pulls a big "gotcha" and has Moira reset the timeline and none of this actually matters. Yeah, I guess comics experience has me pretty skeptical and disillusioned at this point.

Gambit and Rogue by David Nakayama for MarvelLegends figure reveale at Hasbro

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Yeah, could be. They've already used them to toy around with the "Make More Mutants" proclamation meaning (yep, still salty about that). So why not now mess with their marriage too? It's only a matter of time.

I guess we have Scott and Jean who both just returned from the dead only to be immediately killed again and brought back with the resurrection protocols. I wonder if those fans feel like they are really still the same characters. I mean, one can get all philosophical and ask if anyone is really the same person they were after time has passed and life changes them. But resurrection in this instance seems to mean actual loss of memories and physical body and continuity in general.

As you said Purp ... maybe they're all just clones this whole time and 3 years from now Hickman pulls a big "gotcha" and has Moira reset the timeline and none of this actually matters. Yeah, I guess comics experience has me pretty skeptical and disillusioned at this point.
    Yeah, there was a discussion in another thread (I can't remember which) about if the characters that have been killed off had a "Soul" or not or if they're the same person. It seems like the general consensus us that they do because of the "essence of the person" that they are given by Xavier. I'm not sure I completely buy that, though. I mean, what happens if they assume someone is dead, hatch a new version, and then the original shows up alive? I thought that's what they were going to do in Marauders with Kitty, but they didn't.

Either way, if Rogue or Gambit did die and come back, I wouldn't exactly call them the same character. (Of course, they already feel like different characters from how they were written in MMX and R&G but I digress...)
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/marcusto/...05469510877184

Remeber that tweet by Marcus To with Rictor and Gambit for issue 16 I suppose?
    Reunited and it feels so good.

Spoilers below.
    Rictor probably won't survive next issue of X-Factor that is part of X of Swords crossover.

Do you think that Remy just welcomes him from dead or Gambit was ressurected too?
    Not sure why it’s Rictor and Remy. As in why use those 2 when I don’t see them having kind of interaction or friendship. Beyond the stealing Druid crystals and one brief apocalypse argument they haven’t interacted.

Well that is for story reasons as of now. Maybe there is some sword of X thing or artistic reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Not sure why it’s Rictor and Remy. As in why use those 2 when I don’t see them having kind of interaction or friendship. Beyond the stealing Druid crystals and one brief apocalypse argument they haven’t interacted.

Well that is for story reasons as of now. Maybe there is some sword of X thing or artistic reason.
    From marcus To comments to this tweet I am sure that it is Rictor and Remy.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    From marcus To comments to this tweet I am sure that it is Rictor and Remy.
    Yes. I meant: I’m not sure why he picked those two. Them together aren’t known for much. Beyond being the two males in To’s current gig.

Astonishing Member

I guess it’s just Rictor died, gets brought back and gambit’s like Bro, glad you’re back! Because they’ve all become great friends, off panel...

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I guess it’s just Rictor died, gets brought back and gambit’s like Bro, glad you’re back! Because they’ve all become great friends, off panel...
    lol gotta love off-panel character development!
    Make Good Art

So Xavier and Magneto have finally joined the We Hate Apocalypse club
    But I doubt any of the inhabitants of Krakoa would agree that Gambit was right
    Already none of them admitted that they called Scott Hitler
    I can at least tell myself that Remy and Scott put a bottle of champagne in the fridge to celebrate the fall of Apocalypse in an off-panel scene. It will never happen in future issues (what a disappointment) but it will play out in my mind

Won't happen. At this point I think that after Swords Apoc will get his mistakes and will try to be a better person , lol. Gambit will end up as his best bud and completely support Apoc's brand new vision.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    So Xavier and Magneto have finally joined the We Hate Apocalypse club
    But I doubt any of the inhabitants of Krakoa would agree that Gambit was right
    Already none of them admitted that they called Scott Hitler
    I can at least tell myself that Remy and Scott put a bottle of champagne in the fridge to celebrate the fall of Apocalypse in an off-panel scene. It will never happen in future issues (what a disappointment) but it will play out in my mind
    Yeah I really liked watching Magneto give A crap about putting everyone in danger. I'm like 90% sure, though, that this event will end A being justified in his actions in the end and Xavier and Magneto (and more) licking boot. I have no evidence to support this. I'm just assuming lol
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Yeah I really liked watching Magneto give A crap about putting everyone in danger. I'm like 90% sure, though, that this event will end A being justified in his actions in the end and Xavier and Magneto (and more) licking boot. I have no evidence to support this. I'm just assuming lol
    Yeah, probably.

Although, now that they've set the precedent that any character who dies in Otherworld basically gets a "true death" and total personality reset, they will HAVE to use it on at least one character besides Rockslide. So there will presumably be consequences to at least one of the Swordbearers and hopefully that means [A] will be penalized and or monitored. Or hopefully he'll be the one to be true death killed. Dare to dream.

It was nice to see that [A] has been going under the council nose and that they don't approve of his empire building bs and were mad at him ... but like, how was there no knowledge or oversight of what he has been up to this whole time? There's still no justification for why the Excalibur team exists and I just can't buy Rogue and Gambit not going against the grain and talking to other characters on the council. Surely Storm and Nightcrawler at least?

Like them as spies or plants to watch [A] would actually have been a good plot, but nothing in the story suggests that has been the case.

I'm still gonna rally the #GambitWasRight and #BurnItDownMystique hashtags! LOL

So, this new revelation about dying in Otherworld comes at an interesting time considering we were just talking about the lack of stakes and meaning of death with resurrection. This is more like a waking death, where the character just gets a massive redo and all their continuity is left totally meaningless. With the Excalibur book team presumably going out into Otherworld frequently, this seems extra risky for them. And any writer who dislikes a character enough to want to give them a reset now has the ability to do so. In which case let me also add #LeaveGambitAlone!

Rogue is so well loved by writers, I'm less convinced they'll kill her off for a reset. But that would certainly be a way to damage their marriage and create drama. Can you imagine being married to someone who doesn't know you or remember your history together? Hoo boy. I mean it might actually make for a good story if there was a way to bring it back to good. I guess there's always the Moira reset to bale us all out at the end years down the road, but it concerns me. I wouldn't trust Tini to get it done right if one of them died like this.