Page 89 of 105 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1563
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Yeah, probably.

Although, now that they've set the precedent that any character who dies in Otherworld basically gets a "true death" and total personality reset, they will HAVE to use it on at least one character besides Rockslide. So there will presumably be consequences to at least one of the Swordbearers and hopefully that means [A] will be penalized and or monitored. Or hopefully he'll be the one to be true death killed. Dare to dream.

It was nice to see that [A] has been going under the council nose and that they don't approve of his empire building bs and were mad at him ... but like, how was there no knowledge or oversight of what he has been up to this whole time? There's still no justification for why the Excalibur team exists and I just can't buy Rogue and Gambit not going against the grain and talking to other characters on the council. Surely Storm and Nightcrawler at least?

Like them as spies or plants to watch [A] would actually have been a good plot, but nothing in the story suggests that has been the case.

I'm still gonna rally the #GambitWasRight and #BurnItDownMystique hashtags! LOL

So, this new revelation about dying in Otherworld comes at an interesting time considering we were just talking about the lack of stakes and meaning of death with resurrection. This is more like a waking death, where the character just gets a massive redo and all their continuity is left totally meaningless. With the Excalibur book team presumably going out into Otherworld frequently, this seems extra risky for them. And any writer who dislikes a character enough to want to give them a reset now has the ability to do so. In which case let me also add #LeaveGambitAlone!

Rogue is so well loved by writers, I'm less convinced they'll kill her off for a reset. But that would certainly be a way to damage their marriage and create drama. Can you imagine being married to someone who doesn't know you or remember your history together? Hoo boy. I mean it might actually make for a good story if there was a way to bring it back to good. I guess there's always the Moira reset to bale us all out at the end years down the road, but it concerns me. I wouldn't trust Tini to get it done right if one of them died like this.
    This is why I'm so torn on this whole series. There are some really good ideas. A is definitely a lot more interesting than he's been in years. But it comes at the expense of my favorite characters being written OOC and giving all of the good moments to A, Betsy, or Rictor. Plus, like you said, the council is just letting A have his own team without even knowing what he's doing with it and they just don't seem to care. You almost have to just ignore the details/logic sometimes, which I'm not good at I guess haha
    Make Good Art

I was thinking about what i would want Rogue and remy to look like if they went through the mixer due to an otherworld death.

rogueremyreboot.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-gambit-app...mpression=true

CBR article on all the screen appearances for Gambit.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-gambit-app...mpression=true

CBR article on all the screen appearances for Gambit.
    Kinda agree with that list.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I was thinking about what i would want Rogue and remy to look like if they went through the mixer due to an otherworld death.

rogueremyreboot.jpg
    Cool! I hope they will survive

Love this cover!
    This RIDICULOUSLY adorable X'D

Unfortunately I couldn't find that post about Doctor Strange training Gambit, and the cool artwork that went with it

But I do wanna return to some discussions about Gambit and Rogue on here, story wise

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    Unfortunately I couldn't find that post about Doctor Strange training Gambit, and the cool artwork that went with it

But I do wanna return to some discussions about Gambit and Rogue on here, story wise
    We're always up for it!

a3e2110a-5770-44fc-81de-12c89aece1fa.jpg

So since the current storylines in Excalibur just aren't doing much for our OTP, maybe we can revisit some old favorites.

This came across my Tumblr recently and it's from one of my top 10 Rogue and Gambit stories, Gambit 1999 by Nicieza/Skroce #5 "Of Mice and Men".

This takes place post Antarctica. Gambit and Rogue aren't together, but the tension between them remains. There is so much hurt and distrust between them, but still love and loyalty. The X-Cutioner kidnaps Rogue in order to lure Gambit into a trap. It's a rare instance where Rogue is taken off guard and becomes the damsel in distress. This follows an earlier issue where Rogue rescues Gambit from an exploding runaway truck during a confrontation with the X-Cutioner during his secret mission for New Son. Xavier is angry that Gambit is still keeping secrets from the team, even though Rogue knew, and the team goes to her rescue. However only Gambit is able to enter the trap and he does so blindly, even stating "Love is blind."

This last panel is the best. The look. Where they jump back through the stargate at the last minute and just lay there maybe slightly injured, but staring into each other's eyes. They say nothing, but Gambit kisses the back of Rogue's gloved hand, relieved, while all the characters around them are just disembodied voices. In that moment there is no one else but them. It's just perfect the way it so simply conveys everything between them.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

a3e2110a-5770-44fc-81de-12c89aece1fa.jpg

So since the current storylines in Excalibur just aren't doing much for our OTP, maybe we can revisit some old favorites.

This came across my Tumblr recently and it's from one of my top 10 Rogue and Gambit stories, Gambit 1999 by Nicieza/Skroce #5 "Of Mice and Men".

This takes place post Antarctica. Gambit and Rogue aren't together, but the tension between them remains. There is so much hurt and distrust between them, but still love and loyalty. The X-Cutioner kidnaps Rogue in order to lure Gambit into a trap. It's a rare instance where Rogue is taken off guard and becomes the damsel in distress. This follows an earlier issue where Rogue rescues Gambit from an exploding runaway truck during a confrontation with the X-Cutioner during his secret mission for New Son. Xavier is angry that Gambit is still keeping secrets from the team, even though Rogue knew, and the team goes to her rescue. However only Gambit is able to enter the trap and he does so blindly, even stating "Love is blind."

This last panel is the best. The look. Where they jump back through the stargate at the last minute and just lay there maybe slightly injured, but staring into each other's eyes. They say nothing, but Gambit kisses the back of Rogue's gloved hand, relieved, while all the characters around them are just disembodied voices. In that moment there is no one else but them. It's just perfect the way it so simply conveys everything between them.
    Yeah, I saw that there too! Such great storytelling. It's a really cool "quiet" moment to end the story even though there is so much going on around them.
    Make Good Art

NYCC Swords panel in an hour

https://youtu.be/gW6pHwHefnI

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    NYCC Swords panel in an hour

https://youtu.be/gW6pHwHefnI
    How did it go? Can you give us an overview if you have anything interesting to share?

I'm pretty much sitting this event out other than reading the synopses in the spoiler threads. Art I've seen is great.

How did it go? Can you give us an overview if you have anything interesting to share?

I'm pretty much sitting this event out other than reading the synopses in the spoiler threads. Art I've seen is great.
    I were not able to watch it but it seems we missed nothing.

NYCC X of Swords Panel – A Waste of Time With Nothing Revealed

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/nycc...hing-revealed/

Me too. Will check only one shots because of amazing art by Larraz and Gracia.

X-Men | The Art and Making of the Animated Series
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn_p...ature=youtu.be

A much happier and better panel.