Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Q vs goku

Q is one of those characters that, on the one hand, often gets people invoking the no-limits fallacy based on the implications of what he could do. On the other hand, he tends to be underestimated by people who only picture two guys throwing raw power at each other.

I don't know how valid this is against Goku but Q, without artificial game rules restricting him, just goes back in time and makes it so someone just never exists to begin with.

We've seen Q do this. Nor does it seem to be an alternate reality. He just remakes the past. In fact, he juggles multiple realities and timelines, making them interact or not interact as he pleases.

This is more about how Rumbles rules may or may not restrict him than about his abilities.
    Power with Girl is better.

Goku can't resist reality warping. The instance of the Dragonball's failing to affect him or people based on raw power were things like being killed. Not stuff like being granted immortality.

Goku can resist transmutation based on powerscaling to Vegito, psychic assaults, time manipulation/ stop to a certain degree, and some dimension stuff going off Goku Black, and Erasure. I guess the latter could be considered resistance to warping, actually. Hmmm.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 01-02-2020 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Goku can't resist reality warping. The instance of the Dragonball's failing to affect him or people based on raw power were things like being killed. Not stuff like being granted immortality.
    No? Shenron's outright stated that he can't do stuff like turn #17 and #18 human without their authorization, and couldn't teleport Goku back to Earth because Goku said no. It's flat-out that the Dragon Balls can't touch people without them letting it happen once they get powerful enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    No? Shenron's outright stated that he can't do stuff like turn #17 and #18 human without their authorization, and couldn't teleport Goku back to Earth because Goku said no. It's flat-out that the Dragon Balls can't touch people without them letting it happen once they get powerful enough.
    Isn't that similar to the Genie from Aladdin? He has the power to do anything he wants but can't without authorization from the lamp holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Isn't that similar to the Genie from Aladdin? He has the power to do anything he wants but can't without authorization from the lamp holder.
    Not quite. Genie explicitly told Aladdin and Jafar that he can't kill, make people fall in love against their will, or resurrect the dead because he's forbidden to do so, with or without the lamp holder's request.

As for Porunga trying to wish Goku back to Earth, it always seemed to be a case that he couldn't do it rather than common courtesy. He outright says that "It can't be done."
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Not quite. Genie explicitly told Aladdin and Jafar that he can't kill, make people fall in love against their will, or resurrect the dead because he's forbidden to do so, with or without the lamp holder's request.
    Some versions of Aladdin doesn't have the Genie say that at all. In any case, forbidden to do so does not equal cannot do it. But, if Porunga said it can't be done then it's almost definitive.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post

As for Porunga trying to wish Goku back to Earth, it always seemed to be a case that he couldn't do it rather than common courtesy. He outright says that "It can't be done."
    Technically for raising the dead he just said "it's not a pretty picture I don't LIKE doing it" which implies it's not really can't despite the fact that he uses that word.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

I didn't remember either of those. In Goku's case though, I have to wonder if him having a teleportation technique is actually what blocked it. For the cyborgs, yeah, I'd say that's decent for Transmution resitance, but still no evidence for resistance reality warping. Incidentally I remember Broly was teleported by Sheron to the planet were he grew up in the Broly Dragonball Super movie, which is canon.

So...yeah.

BANNED

The dragon is only as powerful as the person who creates it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    No, the dragon can’t do certain things depending on which dragon though....the earth dragon could resurrect multiple people but only once, the earth hero’s asked if the dragon could kill Nappa and Vegita, the dragon said no he wasn’t strong enough. The namak dragon could do other things that I can’t remember but he could not resurrect multiple people. I think the namak dragon recreated the earth after kid buu destroyed it.

The gods dragon, the big gold one could do anything I think. He resurrected entire universes Zeno had destroyed.

So yeah the dragons are not all powerful sept I guess the god dragon.
    Last edited by Mider2009; 01-11-2020 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    No, the dragon can’t do certain things depending on which dragon though....the earth dragon could resurrect multiple people but only once, the earth hero’s asked if the dragon could kill Nappa and Vegita, the dragon said no he wasn’t strong enough. The namak dragon could do other things that I can’t remember but he could not resurrect multiple people. I think the namak dragon recreated the earth after kid buu destroyed it.

The gods dragon, the big gold one could do anything I think. He resurrected entire universes Zeno had destroyed.

So yeah the dragons are not all powerful sept I guess the god dragon.
    Fair enough, never watched DBZ past the first few episodes when Goku was still a kid.