Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    DUH. You know it would be different if it were a black man doing it.
    It depends on how it's done. We've had that in movies going back to the "blaxploitation" flicks, then in the 80's-90's black stars became the cops themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    A black Punisher would ahve every black male in Marvel get shot by any scared cop even if they saw his face and knew his name.

And that would include the likes of Falcon and even Miles.
    We already have got a black punisher: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Nigel...28Earth-616%29

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Both are them are great, but that second one is epic!
    If you like those, then maybe you'll like this head-shot from the same artist:

Art: Travis Charest

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    It's a shame that the original punisher titles don't get enough recognition
    Agreed. It's unfathomable that someone as talented as Mark "TEX" Texeira is considered underrated:

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. It's unfathomable that someone as talented as Mark "TEX" Texeira is considered underrated:

I absolutely love TEX'S art. It's kinetic. I actually got to meet him and he was so cool about everything.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    We already have got a black punisher: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Nigel...28Earth-616%29
    And he has been MIA for 5 years.

Lets see him now.

Spectacular Member

I always knew punisher but quite some time but never read a comic of him. But i guess my first real introduction as a kid to him was him with a crossover with spider-man in the comics. Followed by me finding out that was a punisher ps2 game and then me buying and playing it.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Not anymore, though. Al Ewing turned him into a pacifist during his Contest Of Champions series. He even changed his skull for a heart symbol. LOL

Fantastic Member

https://www.comicbookherald.com/punisher-reading-order/

So I'm interested in finally starting to read Punisher more seriously, get a lot of the stories and whatnot. I know most swear by Ennis but I wanted to start before that.

But I'm also curious about something. From what I have read, Ennis always portrayed Frank as more ruthless or villainous than a lot of other writers. He was killing worse people but it's the difference between punishing evil and doing good and Ennis took the punish evil part to the extreme. Is that accurate?

Are there any other writers who presented Frank as more noble? What is the personality each writer gives to Frank?

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    Are there any other writers who presented Frank as more noble?
    If you're looking for a nobler version of Frank, then look no further than...

Punisher Kill Krew

During the Frost Giant invasion of Midgard,
    a family is wiped out and it's up to Frank to avenge them
    (even if it means travelling through the universe to Asgard to "catch" the perp).
    Last edited by K7P5V; 10-18-2020 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

so where is Frank supposed to show up next?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so where is Frank supposed to show up next?
    He's supposed have a mini were he fights Barracuda in the 616, but it hasn't dropped yet.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark