Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Default Fantastic Four Supporting Characters Appreciation 2020

What First Family would be complete without a cast of friends, allies, and romantic interests? It's about time the supporting characters of the FF get some attention of their own! True, only a few of them are featured outside of the FF for any length of time, but that shouldn't diminish their status. Here then, to start off, are the first appearances of five from the Silver Age.

ALICIA MASTERS, Fantastic Four #8

WILLIE LUMPKIN, Fantastic Four #11

WYATT WINGFOOT, Fantastic Four #50

SERGIUS O'HOOLIHAN, Fantastic Four #79

AGATHA HARKNESS, Fantastic Four #93

More to come. Feel free to talk about their appearances outside the FF, and add others as well.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Happy that Fantastic Four #20 will have Wyatt at the focus, this run started with him being back and more involved with the team. I hope that stays the case throughout.

I also demand that Agatha Harkness comes back to the FF. Her magical perspective is a very interesting counter to the teams more science leanings.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Happy that Fantastic Four #20 will have Wyatt at the focus, this run started with him being back and more involved with the team. I hope that stays the case throughout.

I also demand that Agatha Harkness comes back to the FF. Her magical perspective is a very interesting counter to the teams more science leanings.
    I bet Agatha may be up for the next issue after Wyatt's return. Do the legacy numbering and it'll all become clear. MWAH-HA-HAH!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

Agatha has been more associated with Wanda for a while now. I wouldn't mind she be in the Fantastic Four for a reunion or to help out when mystical powers are involved. But her role there is no longer required. The children are too old for a nanny.

I do hope that Dragon Man and the Future Foundation continue to have a role

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Agatha has been more associated with Wanda for a while now. I wouldn't mind she be in the Fantastic Four for a reunion or to help out when mystical powers are involved. But her role there is no longer required. The children are too old for a nanny.

I do hope that Dragon Man and the Future Foundation continue to have a role
    Valeria requires some diversification in her magical training and education. Uncle Victor shouldn't get all the fun.

I firmly agree Dragon Man and the Foundation need to be more closely involved with the FF.

I'm glad somebody remembers Doris Evans and is writing her in March's Fantastic Four: Marvel Snapshots #1 in that 10-year high school reunion story with Johnny.

Strange Tales #113

Spider-Man/Human Torch #1

Fantastic Four #645
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Wow, forgot about that appearance by Dorrie in FF #645. I recall when he looked her up in FF #133 after breaking up with Crystal, she was a mother of two. I don't want to say she lost her looks but the art makes her look like she gained weight

Alicia was always a good way to tie the universe together, you just have her do a Art show that your heroes turn up to and a villain crashes to steal the inevitable money and jeweley on display

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Great thread! I do like Wyatt Wingfoot and Agatha Harkness. Wish both would appear more.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

This next batch of characters is timely, considering what happened in the FF story in Incoming! From the Bronze Age this time, meet the Fantastic Four's robots!

H.E.R.B.I.E. (Fantastic Four # 209)
    aka Humanoid Experimental Robot, B-Type, Integrated Electronics

H.U.B.E.R.T. (Fantastic Four #238)
    aka Hyper-Ultronic Brain Employing Randomized Tracings

Roberta (Fantastic Four #239)

H.E.R.B.I.E. is of course infamous for replacing the Human Torch (!) in the second FF cartoon, The New Fantastic Four (1978). And you'll see above all the FF except Johnny share a panel with him.
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

It may be anathema to the modern fankid, but I love Chris Eliopoulos' version of Franklin and Herbie.

H.E.R.B.I.E. has now officially joined the Robot Revolution in Iron Man 2020 #1:

I wonder if Roberta and her boyfriend Elektro will join.
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Would be awesome if Agatha came back.... young and as an Avengers sorceress for awhile.

938BFE24-F6E8-441D-99E8-0F18DDCBA3B1.jpg

Lyja is still my favorite.

Roberta should return as a full bodied android.

LazerFist was supposed to be a supporting character (I think) but was quickly dropped and forgotten.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 01-28-2020 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Lyja is still my favorite.

Roberta should return as a full bodied android.
    if she does, I predict someone is going to hack her and turn her into a full AI awareness and make her a villain like Danger initially was.

Where is Frankie Raye-Nova? She should make a comeback, cosmic or not.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 01-29-2020 at 07:48 PM.