Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Default List of People Catwoman Has Killed

Famously at the end of Ed Brubaker's Catwoman run, Selina killed Roman Sionis, original Black Mask.

Any others I'm missing?
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 12-06-2020 at 08:31 AM.

Spectacular Member

She didn’t kill those people; it was Holly. She took the blame for her.

She’s usually not a killer, and if she does, she’ll hate herself for the rest of her life. At least since Vol 3.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Thank you for clarifying.

Yeah, it's kind of what sets her apart from the other Rogues that she's not an out-and-out killer like they are. She's just a thief who's willing to scrap when it comes down to it.

Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post

She’s usually not a killer, and if she does, she’ll hate herself for the rest of her life. At least since Vol 3.
    She did kill Black Mask That wasn't Holly.

She doesn't usually kill these days but I recall that she used to and has tried to kill Batman several times

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    She did kill Black Mask That wasn't Holly.

She doesn't usually kill these days but I recall that she used to and has tried to kill Batman several times
    I was talking about the Rebirth run.

No Selina killed Roman at the end of Brubaker run and it was the only person she killed. Then rebirth happened and Tom King had Holly become a homicidal maniac with an insanely high bodycount and Selina took the fault for her.

I was talking about the Rebirth run.
    King brought back stories from the era when she repeatedly tried to kill Batman so Catwoman in current continuity is a woman who used to try to kill Batman and who also was a prostitute. she isn't just a thief. She is much more.

The thread isn't talking about just the Rebirth run

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Famously at the end of Ed Brubaker's Catwoman run, Selina killed Roman Sionis, original Black Mask.

Any others I'm missing?
    Didn't she try to kill Vicki vale out of Jealousy?

King brought back stories from the era when she repeatedly tried to kill Batman so Catwoman in current continuity is a woman who used to try to kill Batman and who also was a prostitute. she isn't just a thief. She is much more.

King hardly created any of that, in batman year one Selina was a sex worker before she became Catwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    King hardly created any of that, in batman year one Selina was a sex worker before she became Catwoman.
    Brought back v created? see how the two are different? No one said King created anything. I said brought back.

Miller gave Selina the sex worker past and king brought it back for whatever reason.

I remember Her Sister's Keeper revealed that Selina wasn't actually a sex worker, but pretended to be one to rob men.
    Given that Miller rarely writes any female character who's not a hooker or a stripper, that whole Selina as a sex worker thing just aged really poorly and shouldn't have been brought back. She should have the skills and ambition to do better for herself - especially the way it was portrayed as seedy. At the least she should've been a high dollar call girl. It feels like Miller just got off on degrading her.

One of the consequences of King acting like "everything mattered" even if it didn't actually make sense for his characterization or his own continuity.
    Didn't she try to kill Vicki vale out of Jealousy?
    I think she was mentally unstable back then.

She killed the Riddler in the Batman: Hush animated movie, but that was outside of continuity and the film was pretty horrid IMO.

Astonishing Member

I mean she Attempted Murder on Roman Sionis at this point, right? I know the context of when it was written because I love that run with my whole heart and she killed him, to the point where when Blackest Nights happened and 'worst ever possible' zombies were coming for people it was Sionis coming after her. But like three months after that Barry Allen screwed up the universe, Sionis was alive again and the Mask was apparently possessed somehow and jumped off Jeremiah Arkham and back onto Sionis. But then he started wearing a gimp mask. But then Lex Luthor turned him into The Chameleon from Spider-Man.

Hahaha B-Listers always be ducking death when Timelines get tampered with but that'd be a great argument for Selina's lawyer to make in court. Timeline shenanigans, attempted murder? No her time working with the JLA gave her expertise in knowing that she wasn't really "killing" the Black Mask.

I feel like she used to threaten to feed people to tigers all the time.

That said, ACTUALLY feeding people to big cats seems more like something Talia would do.

TDKR, Catwoman assuredly kills Bane very much to death.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com