Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Well, with the new Coronavirus lockdown, I guess I’ll have time to read this entire run.

How’s the continuity between the books?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Well, with the new Coronavirus lockdown, I guess I’ll have time to read this entire run.

How’s the continuity between the books?
    Between which books?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Between which books?
    Batman, ‘Tec, Nightwing, Batwoman, Red Hood, Batgirl, and BoP. Also Jones’ Catwoman.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 11-16-2020 at 12:43 AM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Batman, ‘Tec, Nightwing, Batwoman, Red Hood, Batgirl, and BoP.
    There is a little continuity, but they tend to be kind of their own books for the most part.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Is that Mr. Oz who saved Tim from all of those drones?

Oof. This Night of the Monster Men is a real chore to make it through.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Of the crossovers that Tom King's Batman is involved with, the only one I would say comes close to necessary for his run is The Button. He only writes one of the four issues of the run, with the rest by Josh Williamson, but it is important for the final few arcs of his run.

(Though you probably get enough exposition in those issues themselves you could skip The Button if you wanted to)

Monster Men does resolve the Hugo Strange subplot that was set up in I Am Gotham, but is unimportant to his run overall. The last crossover, The Price or whatever it was called, was penned entirely by Josh Williamson without any writing by King (it was awkwardly slotted halfway through King's extremely divisive Knightmares arc). It does involve characters that King uses in his run, but it ultimately is more of a Heroes in Crisis tie-in than anything of relevance of King's Batman. I'd say it could be skipped without missing anything.

I really liked the Button, when it came out, but in retrospect it was pretty pointless to even have that series. Practically nothing came of it, all the heroes were still completely blind-sided by Manhattan and Ozmandias, and Batman never picks up the button again.

So don't worry about skipping it!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Preview is out, if I have anything I would like to say is that I hope they put more emphasis at times of differentiating the time period, because here we have future Selena, switching to present Bruce, then Past Alfred, and then Back to future Selena. Still though, Clay Mann makes this looks great.

https://www.gamesradar.com/batman-catwoman-1-preview/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Wasn't a fan of this run but weirdly bat/cat is one of the upcoming title's I'm most excited for. maybe because it promises to be very different from all the current Batman stories

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Wasn't a fan of this run but weirdly bat/cat is one of the upcoming title's I'm most excited for. maybe because it promises to be very different from all the current Batman stories
    I’m kind of in a similar way, I liked the first 50 issues but once they didn’t go through with the wedding and then shooting Nightwing and the death of Alfred story, those last 20 some issues just really weren’t for me.

But a 12 issue out of continuity story that focuses on the relationship of Catwoman and Batman without the annoying breakup because we know their future in this story works for me.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Preview is out, if I have anything I would like to say is that I hope they put more emphasis at times of differentiating the time period, because here we have future Selena, switching to present Bruce, then Past Alfred, and then Back to future Selena. Still though, Clay Mann makes this looks great.

https://www.gamesradar.com/batman-catwoman-1-preview/
    That art though!

Damn, I cannot wait

Almost up to City of Bane. I. Love. This. Run. Seriously. The amount of levels King worked to give Bruce as much character growth as his Batman. This is what I’ve been missing for so long.

Almost up to City of Bane. I. Love. This. Run. Seriously. The amount of levels King worked to give Bruce as much character growth as his Batman. This is what I’ve been missing for so long.
    That's the reason I was so interested in this run; I was pretty tired with Batman at the time (nothing against Scott Snyder, I like his run), and suddenly Tom King comes in and tells the story I wanted to read. Also, visually it's a superb run, sadly with many shift of pencillers in the same arc as the story was headed towards its finale. Editorial interference hurt some parts of the run, and Tom King failed to deliver with some approaches he took of certain characters, but overall, I think it was an amazing run.

I've been looking forward for Batman/Catwoman for some time now, though I stil haven't decided how I'm going to buy it, maybe I'm going to wait for the spanish edition in single issues or I will go for the US collected volume, but it will certainly take a while for a hardcover or tpb to come out and I don't know if I can wait that long
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    That's the reason I was so interested in this run; I was pretty tired with Batman at the time (nothing against Scott Snyder, I like his run), and suddenly Tom King comes in and tells the story I wanted to read. Also, visually it's a superb run, sadly with many shift of pencillers in the same arc as the story was headed towards its finale. Editorial interference hurt some parts of the run, and Tom King failed to deliver with some approaches he took of certain characters, but overall, I think it was an amazing run.

I've been looking forward for Batman/Catwoman for some time now, though I stil haven't decided how I'm going to buy it, maybe I'm going to wait for the spanish edition in single issues or I will go for the US collected volume, but it will certainly take a while for a hardcover or tpb to come out and I don't know if I can wait that long
    I truly hope that King can finish his Batman run the way he wanted without any interference.

I was a bummed on how long we had to wait, but at least we have Mann on the art as opposed to City of Bane where the art change was a bit jarring.