Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Holy hell, Mann's art is pure eye candy.

I wonder how long will it take for one of the big 2 to lock him into a exclusive deal.

Also love Bat's new utility belt!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

I wonder how long will it take for one of the big 2 to lock him into a exclusive deal.

So gorgeous! And I love Phantasm in the background!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    So gorgeous! And I love Phantasm in the background!
    I thought it was Azrael at first glance
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

First thoughts is I dislike Selina's pose. Second is that why is Andrea perving on them
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    First thoughts is I dislike Selina's pose. Second is that why is Andrea perving on them
    Andrea is creeping because she's a VILLAIN!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Incredible Member

Andrea is creeping because she's a VILLAIN!
    I saw Andrea as an anti-villain. Phantasm is an amazing movie

I saw Andrea as an anti-villain. Phantasm is an amazing movie
    It is a very good movie - but she's still a murderer who isn't working for a better Gotham, but to satisfy her own selfish desire for vengeance.

Incredible Member

It is a very good movie - but she's still a murderer who isn't working for a better Gotham, but to satisfy her own selfish desire for vengeance.
    you are right. I'm still nervous about her use here. But King does have a good track record with miniseries, just not with Batman (in my opinion)

you are right. I'm still nervous about her use here. But King does have a good track record with miniseries, just not with Batman (in my opinion)
    Well, I'm a big fan of King's Batman (obviously, as founder of this thread ), but I do think there were big structural problems that he ran into because he is just naturally better at miniseries.

Incredible Member

Well, I'm a big fan of King's Batman (obviously, as founder of this thread ), but I do think there were big structural problems that he ran into because he is just naturally better at miniseries.
    I am nervous about the mini but I trust King's skill with miniseries

That image is my new phone wallpaper. 'Nuff said!
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I am nervous about the mini but I trust King's skill with miniseries

King is fine with mini series. Every main character has trauma, tried to kill themselves, overcame and is trying to be happy. Every SINGLE one. I can't wait to see Rorschach in a tub with a razor blade...

Having said that I find it interesting that some people adore his batman run and others loathe it. I fall in the middle. One of the things he did and I don't know if it's been done but I liked it was flipping the characters in city of bane. Strange was gordon, riddler and joker detectives. I would love to see a whole mini series of stories like this. That was super I interesting to me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    King is fine with mini series. Every main character has trauma, tried to kill themselves, overcame and is trying to be happy. Every SINGLE one. I can't wait to see Rorschach in a tub with a razor blade...

Having said that I find it interesting that some people adore his batman run and others loathe it. I fall in the middle. One of the things he did and I don't know if it's been done but I liked it was flipping the characters in city of bane. Strange was gordon, riddler and joker detectives. I would love to see a whole mini series of stories like this. That was super I interesting to me.
    I dread that Roschach miniseries. I just want the Watchmen characters to be retired in general. I did like some of King's run. The I Am Gotham arc was enjoyable and I liked whenever Selina and Lois got to team up (that issue where they get drunk at the fortress was a highlight)

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    The setup in City of Bane was criminally underused. I'm still furious that the Secret Files issue didn't have any stories like what you mention. Showing Gotham upside down.

I did like some of King's run. The I Am Gotham arc was enjoyable and I liked whenever Selina and Lois got to team up (that issue where they get drunk at the fortress was a highlight)
    Selina and Lois hanging out was such a brilliant part of the run. That bachelorette party was a big highlight of Knightmares! With gorgeous art by Amanda Conner.

Cat has a utility belt! For some reason I've either never noticed she had one before or its new.

I've taken a break from comics during COVID, but intend this series to be my first foray back into the fray.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.