Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I am really excited to read his entire run from beginning to end with all of the one shots and specials.

Hopefully we can get an amazing reading order set up
    Well, that's gonna be a bit

Here's hoping it all stays on track and we finish up next December!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, that's gonna be a bit

Here's hoping it all stays on track and we finish up next December!
    Totally!

King has so many connecting one shots running throughout different titles and it would be nice collecting it all in one place

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Well, now that Tom King has vanished from social media these are the only hints we get!

Come on, I think he's been punished enough. He ought to tell us when this is coming out, give us some more news.
    He left? Did the criticism finally get to him?

Fiiiiiinally!!

So glad we’ll be getting more Helena as Batwoman. ��

Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    He left? Did the criticism finally get to him?
    Not really a good topic for the thread, sadly.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

I don't like the premise in that it shifts through the past and present and the future as it seems to diffuse any stakes of the phantasm storyline as we already know that they are going to overcome this due to the future storyline. It makes it just another rejected lover turning up to guage the situation like with Talia and the addition of Joker introduces another story beat that will distract from the main series premise. Can't say that Tom King will be able to satisfactorily tie up the threads given his run but it does make for a interesting reading experience navigating the narrative.

'Tec #1027 has some big stuff for King's continuity - I love it and I need more!

'Tec #1027 has some big stuff for King's continuity - I love it and I need more!
    It was a pretty good story, with lovely art - what do you see that is important for the KingBats story?

It was a pretty good story, with lovely art - what do you see that is important for the KingBats story?
    Well it's interesting that King chose a third tier villain to "kill" Batman

With all the bombastic fights and stakes during King's run proper this seems so mundane, I mean you had dimension hopping fathers and speedsters, you had a crazed despot who took over Gotham and a evil Superman; yet King chose something else entirely.

To me it speaks to the fact that King views Batman as the mask and Bruce is his true identity because of the way he died - in bed.

And that his "death" was one that we can have
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 09-15-2020 at 03:13 PM.

Well it's interesting that King chose a third tier villain to "kill" Batman

With all the bombastic fights and stakes during King's run proper this seems so mundane, I mean you had dimension hopping fathers and speedsters, you had a crazed despot who took over Gotham and a evil Superman; yet King chose something else entirely.

To me it speaks to the fact that King views Batman as the mask and Bruce is his true identity because of the way he died - in bed.

And that his "death" was one that we can have
    Based on the Annual #2, Dr. Phosphorus didn't really kill Batman - he died of old age. Yes, in his bed, but his memory was going, implying to me that it was some form of dementia.

But I could be wrong.

There's also what Bruce says to Dr. Phosphorus - WayneTech can cure the villain's cancer - why couldn't they also cure potential cancer Bruce gets from him?

Based on the Annual #2, Dr. Phosphorus didn't really kill Batman - he died of old age. Yes, in his bed, but his memory was going, implying to me that it was some form of dementia.

But I could be wrong.

There's also what Bruce says to Dr. Phosphorus - WayneTech can cure the villain's cancer - why couldn't they also cure potential cancer Bruce gets from him?
    I was thinking about this as well, but I read it as they held back the cancer as much as they could but eventually it totally cure it - especially since what Phosphorus is saying about how much he planned out the attack and the amount of radiation he was giving Bruce.

Also I don't think Bruce was that old because in the future story "Helena" Selina was in her old age based on how old Helena was. I think at this point of his death Bruce might have been in his 50's?

I was thinking about this as well, but I read it as they held back the cancer as much as they could but eventually it totally cure it - especially since what Phosphorus is saying about how much he planned out the attack and the amount of radiation he was giving Bruce.

Also I don't think Bruce was that old because in the future story "Helena" Selina was in her old age based on how old Helena was. I think at this point of his death Bruce might have been in his 50's?
    Well, Helena is a full adult and Batwoman by the time you get to the Annual #2. I think Bruce was at least 60, probably mid to late 60s, when he died. Which could be the result of cancer from an infection 20-30 years prior, I suppose. I'm just a bit confused.

Well, Helena is a full adult and Batwoman by the time you get to the Annual #2. I think Bruce was at least 60, probably mid to late 60s, when he died. Which could be the result of cancer from an infection 20-30 years prior, I suppose. I'm just a bit confused.
    We need a timeline!

I need one of those awesome infographics to help, also the different art styles makes it difficult to hold down

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

We need a timeline!

I need one of those awesome infographics to help, also the different art styles makes it difficult to hold down
    Rebirth uses both Batman Year One and Zero Year as the origin and Bruce began as 25 years old in both
    The wedding is set in present-day Rebirth at least 10 years at most 15 years after the origin of superheroes placing Bruce as 35 to 40
    Assuming the wedding goes as it was and Selina gives birth to Helena one year later when Bruce is 36-41
    Add 20-25 years for Helena's age then he'll be between 56 to 66.
    Average it at 60 for convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Rebirth uses both Batman Year One and Zero Year as the origin and Bruce began as 25 years old in both
    The wedding is set in present-day Rebirth at least 10 years at most 15 years after the origin of superheroes placing Bruce as 35 to 40
    Assuming the wedding goes as it was and Selina gives birth to Helena one year later when Bruce is 36-41
    Add 20-25 years for Helena's age then he'll be between 56 to 66.
    Average it at 60 for convenience.
    By the way, that short story, Fraction and Zdarsky wrote in Tec 1027 stated Batman"s career as long as 22 years old, if I recall correctly.

I hace has posted this bit fighting against google's autocorrect on Android. The heck.