Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Helena was great! A lot of fun and heartwarming moments. Certainly it was a little cheesy, but I think in a good way and in line with how Tom King wrote the pair in his Batman run. Though not as incredible as some of his other work in an anniversary issue, it was a solid story
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

https://13thdimension.com/mega-size-...erstar-talent/

Tom King will be contributing to the Detective Comics 1027 special, with none other than Walt Simonson on art!

(Speaking of Helena, it made me wish Batman/Catwoman could get here sooner...)
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 06-11-2020 at 08:01 AM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    https://13thdimension.com/mega-size-...erstar-talent/

Tom King will be contributing to the Detective Comics 1027 special, with none other than Walt Simonson on art!

(Speaking of Helena, it made me wish Batman/Catwoman could get here sooner...)
    Very exciting! I wonder how many specials we will get before BatCat
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

The Detective Comics #1027 special has a Tom King piece illustrated by Walt Simonson - that should be very interesting!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    The Detective Comics #1027 special has a Tom King piece illustrated by Walt Simonson - that should be very interesting!
    Oh, man, I bet this is a dream come true for King!

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Oh, man, I bet this is a dream come true for King!
    I'm almost certain he mentioned Simonson as someone he's desperate to work with, and I'm super excited to see what he does!

Incredible Member

Okay, this convo made me feel better that it will be coming out. He says they're on issue 7 and aiming for Christmas. I also like how he's insistent that his Bat/Cat is way bigger and more important to continuity than what's happening in day to day Batman, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Okay, this convo made me feel better that it will be coming out. He says they're on issue 7 and aiming for Christmas. I also like how he's insistent that his Bat/Cat is way bigger and more important to continuity than what's happening in day to day Batman, lol.
    Issue 7 is good news! Let me think. They started working directly on this probably in September-November of last year, so that means Mann is averaging about 1 issue every month plus a few days. Not too bad. Six months to get 5 plus issues in the bag is pretty good. I hope it's great! The piece we got of it in the Catwoman special certainly was!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Other interesting besides what lilyrose posted

-The book is aiming for Christmas because a part of the book is set in Christmas time
    -While they are aiming for December, Clay Mann is under no strict deadline and is taking his time and making sure every page is the work of his career
    -The short story King has in Detective 1027 is part of the same continuty as his bat/cat, just like the story in the Catwoman special
    -He says this book is in continuity the same way mister miracle and the killing joke is, depends on fans reactions

Genuinely excited for this book, especially with consistent Clay Mann art. Those last few issues with Bruce and Selina are honestly some of my favorite comic issues and is what sold me on this book. Not too worried about if it's in continuity because just having a solid 12 issue run that celebrates the relationship is all I need.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Other interesting besides what lilyrose posted

-The book is aiming for Christmas because a part of the book is set in Christmas time
    -While they are aiming for December, Clay Mann is under no strict deadline and is taking his time and making sure every page is the work of his career
    -The short story King has in Detective 1027 is part of the same continuty as his bat/cat, just like the story in the Catwoman special
    -He says this book is in continuity the same way mister miracle and the killing joke is, depends on fans reactions

Genuinely excited for this book, especially with consistent Clay Mann art. Those last few issues with Bruce and Selina are honestly some of my favorite comic issues and is what sold me on this book. Not too worried about if it's in continuity because just having a solid 12 issue run that celebrates the relationship is all I need.
    I was already planning on buying Tec 1027 - but the idea that this is a dream project from King (Simonson), and it's another story like the Annual #2 and Helena, makes me truly excited.

https://twitter.com/AllnewXSase/stat...37037277007875

A great Spanish comics fan did a thread of their favorite moments from every issue of King's Batman! Fantastic work.

I really want to take the plunge and buy all the deluxe editions, but I’d like to know for sure we’re getting the last volume. Sigh.

Wondering what folks here think of Tynion’s run so far, particularly the Bat/Cat developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    I really want to take the plunge and buy all the deluxe editions, but I’d like to know for sure we’re getting the last volume. Sigh.

Wondering what folks here think of Tynion’s run so far, particularly the Bat/Cat developments.
    DC trade department, never change. Sigh.

I really like how Tynion writes Bat/Cat. I hate how the covers constantly promise a break up. That's just bad.

Issue #94 of Tynion's run had a really great callout to King's run. I felt it was really respectful.

Incredible Member

Well I'm glad it appears Tynion isn't intending to break them up at least. For now.

But I'm not a big fan of the way he writes them. I kinda wish someone could write them together just without drama? If anybody read Injustice, that's why I wanted Tom Taylor on Batman. I thought he wrote Bruce and Selina great. He obviously likes them together and they're a solid couple through nearly all of Injustice 1 and 2, but with basically no relationship drama. They're just together, they're a team. And there's some great funny moments of them, even. But the big focus is on whatever the threat or villain is.

I'd like to see it more like that.

Fantastic Member

lack of trust issues until selina truly renounces crime as a job that drama will always be there. I am not bat cat fan at all and that is the main reason why I do not like the ship. Would bruce written character truly date a criminal and be soft on her when she does crime. That is out of character for him that is why there is the complaints. It is a two way street you know. Either do that or they are just permanent frenemies with bennies.