Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    King consistently says that he's working on it, and Clay Mann is working on it, but given how slow Mann tends to be, I think they want to avoid a Doomsday Clock situation. Though they have already kinda created one for themselves.
    Because of the pandemic I wish to the literary gods that Mann finishes it up and we get a OGN instead of single issues.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Because of the pandemic I wish to the literary gods that Mann finishes it up and we get a OGN instead of single issues.
    While I don't think we'll get a single OGN, I could see getting something less than 12 regular issues in a prestige format (e.g. 6 double-sized books or 4 triple-sized ones). In principle, if they wait until enough art is done, we'd get the conclusion at the same time regardless of format, so I'm not fussed about however they decide
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    While I don't think we'll get a single OGN, I could see getting something less than 12 regular issues in a prestige format (e.g. 6 double-sized books or 4 triple-sized ones). In principle, if they wait until enough art is done, we'd get the conclusion at the same time regardless of format, so I'm not fussed about however they decide
    A man can dream.

I do like the idea of a DC black labeled 60pg issues though

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I think we shouldn't borrow trouble. Everything King and Mann have said expresses confidence that it will come out, and they are working as hard as they can on it.
    I mean, I think so...but when Rebirth kicked off, I truly believed DC was going to fold the most popular aspects of pre-Crisis continuity into the New 52.

DC has been kind of notorious for kicking off ambitious projects and then changing mid-stream. Had the final issue of Birthright even hit stands before it was retconned?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I mean, I think so...but when Rebirth kicked off, I truly believed DC was going to fold the most popular aspects of pre-Crisis continuity into the New 52.

DC has been kind of notorious for kicking off ambitious projects and then changing mid-stream. Had the final issue of Birthright even hit stands before it was retconned?
    Sure. But I think that even so, borrowing trouble only extends misery. If it doesn't come out, it doesn't come out. If it does, it does. I'm not convinced we can do much about it either way, except make ourselves sad.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

So, what did people think of "Helena", the short in Catwoman 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular. Definitely my favorite story of the bunch, even if I kinda wish it were drawn by Lee Weeks or Clay Mann. Janin did a great job. And King wrote a story that's clearly a continuation of the Annual #2, but it's own thing, and focusing on Catwoman, tailoring it to the occasion of celebrating Selina, and not just telling another Batman story. Really moving, and I adored the tie-ins to previous stories like Rooftops.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

So, what did people think of "Helena", the short in Catwoman 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular. Definitely my favorite story of the bunch, even if I kinda wish it were drawn by Lee Weeks or Clay Mann. Janin did a great job. And King wrote a story that's clearly a continuation of the Annual #2, but it's own thing, and focusing on Catwoman, tailoring it to the occasion of celebrating Selina, and not just telling another Batman story. Really moving, and I adored the tie-ins to previous stories like Rooftops.
    I thought it was amazing and makes me miss King on Batman.

It was a great continuation of the Annual and I hope we hear soon about Bat/Cat I never realized how much I missed King's emotional tugs.

Incredible Member

Where can I read it?

It came out in the Catwoman 80th Anniversary issue.

Loved it. Dialog a little cheesy in places, but we don't get a lot of mainstream superhero comics dealing with the all-too-real anxiety associated with motherhood. The scene of her pouring out the wine was particularly well-done. Agreed it was the highlight of the book.
    Cheers - CL

Incredible Member

I loved it! Makes me wish Bat/Cat was coming soon.

I think it was the most memorable story of the book too. Although the weird convention one was kinda interesting.

I thought it was amazing and makes me miss King on Batman.

It was a great continuation of the Annual and I hope we hear soon about Bat/Cat I never realized how much I missed King's emotional tugs.
    It was weird. After reading a King arc a week for so many months, it didn't quite feel like I was missing his stuff. But it was really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Loco View Post
    Loved it. Dialog a little cheesy in places, but we don't get a lot of mainstream superhero comics dealing with the all-too-real anxiety associated with motherhood. The scene of her pouring out the wine was particularly well-done. Agreed it was the highlight of the book.
    I think good things can have cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I loved it! Makes me wish Bat/Cat was coming soon.

I think it was the most memorable story of the book too. Although the weird convention one was kinda interesting.
    It's definitely the most heartwarming story of the book for me. Though I think the darkness that came through in many of the stories is appropriate for Catwoman.

It was weird. After reading a King arc a week for so many months, it didn't quite feel like I was missing his stuff. But it was really good.
    I haven't revisited King's Batman since his last issue, so for me I missed vulnerable heroes. I feel like DC over corrected and now it is all about pointless fisticuffs; hopefully some nuance comes back.

I haven't revisited King's Batman since his last issue, so for me I missed vulnerable heroes. I feel like DC over corrected and now it is all about pointless fisticuffs; hopefully some nuance comes back.
    I mean, I really liked this week's Action Comics. It wasn't perfect, but there was vulnerability and coming together, just like in the best King stories (like this one!)

I mean, I really liked this week's Action Comics. It wasn't perfect, but there was vulnerability and coming together, just like in the best King stories (like this one!)
    Haven't checked out Bendis' Supes run at all I may check it out once it's all done and dusted. The only ongoing DC title that I am reading is Morrison's Green Lantern. I'll reread King's Batman once Bat/Cat starts up or once his run is fully collected in the Deluxe edition (whichever one comes first).