Page 43 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Wait what? I don't think I've read that one.
    Marvel Team Up issue's 82-85 published July '79

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Marvel Team Up issue's 82-85 published July '79
    Which would be why I haven't read it. Thanks!
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Yeah back in the day when Spidey fell in love with Nancy Rushman. That was a great story by Chris Claremont.

Kelly Thompson most likely did take some inspiration from it, not only from the amnesia part but also with using the same antagonist (among others). Thompson herself says her story is mostly influenced by the Waid/Samnee and Liu/Acuna runs: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...th-black-widow

The following though has me a bit worried:“There’s a huge thing in issue #2, but I really don’t want to spoil it,” exclaimed Thompson. “I ache for people to get that organic page turn and – if we did our job right – a gasp. I’ll protect that experience as much as I can. I think the best I can offer is a vague – but not hyperbolic – ‘this story will change Natasha forever’ comment.”

Here's hoping it isn't what I think it'll turn out to be...
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Which would be why I haven't read it. Thanks!
    You can read this story here....
    BlackWidowTeamUp.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post

Here's hoping it isn't what I think it'll turn out to be...
    Please, tell me more!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member

Wait what? I don't think I've read that one.
    It's a 4-issue arc by Claremeont/Buscema/Leiloha -- probably the highpoint of the entire MTU series. Also featured Spider-Man (naturally), Nick Fury, Shang-Chil, Silver Samurai and a surprise super-villain. It demonstrated (as did Marve Two-In-One's 'Project Pegasus' arc), that team-up books don't have to be run of the mill.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Please, tell me more!
    It's pure speculation on my part and being still relatively new to this community I'm not sure if it's appropriate to use a spoiler block for it or not. I'll just do it to not bother anyone who doesn't want to read any speculation at all before getting the issue.

spoilers:
    I have a feeling the reveal will be that Nat is pregnant. We can assume she is with that guy since three months, it looks like they love each other (at least her amnesic self believes that), we know she is planning to get married in #3 and the solicitation for #4 tells us that Nat has "more to lose than ever before". Well an unborn child would definitely fit that description. Also Thompson said she was inspired among others by the Liu run and that deals with Nat having lost a child.

I don't know if it's technically possible though but it could be since she has a new clone body that maybe didn't get the same red room treatment as her original body. Also it wouldn't be the first time that a writer ignores canon.
    end of spoilers
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    You can read this story here....
    BlackWidowTeamUp.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    It's a 4-issue arc by Claremeont/Buscema/Leiloha -- probably the highpoint of the entire MTU series. Also featured Spider-Man (naturally), Nick Fury, Shang-Chil, Silver Samurai and a surprise super-villain. It demonstrated (as did Marve Two-In-One's 'Project Pegasus' arc), that team-up books don't have to be run of the mill.
    Thanks. Might check that out one day
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

New interview with Elena Casagrande featuring a little preview of BW #2

https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...view-interview

Ultimate Member

Black Widow:Widow's Sting preview...I like the premise, but I have issues with the art

https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...anced-preview/

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Black Widow:Widow's Sting preview...I like the premise, but I have issues with the art

https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...anced-preview/
    That green dress .

(Is she wearing the catsuit under it ?).

I was wondering if they were going to postpone Widow's Sting again due to the movie being delayed to May 2021 but looks as if they stick to the october release.

There is also a preview for #2: https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...dow-2-preview/

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    I was wondering if they were going to postpone Widow's Sting again due to the movie being delayed to May 2021 but looks as if they stick to the october release.

There is also a preview for #2: https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...dow-2-preview/
    "Natalie" for an MCU reference.

Clint and Bucky as uncomfortable as I'd expect (and Clint should stop pretending to be a spy).

Taskmaster #1, one of the comics supposed to coincide with the Black Widow movie, has been released early on Marvel Unlimited! Black Widow #1 is on there as well even though it only released last month - it's usually a six month delay.

I assume they've done this because otherwise there'd be no new MU content this month, as nothing was released in April.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Taskmaster #1, one of the comics supposed to coincide with the Black Widow movie, has been released early on Marvel Unlimited! Black Widow #1 is on there as well even though it only released last month - it's usually a six month delay.

I assume they've done this because otherwise there'd be no new MU content this month, as nothing was released in April.
    Not finding either.