Page 42 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thank you for the recommendations! I will definitely take a look at them and see which ones I check out. I think something that places emphasis on her spy work would be really cool.

She was also in, I think, every version of Secret Avengers so far.
    Personally I love the Kot Run but it's a comedic book and thus not everyone's cup of tea.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Thank you for the recommendations! I will definitely take a look at them and see which ones I check out. I think something that places emphasis on her spy work would be really cool.
    You should also pick up her current series. Elena Casagrande's art is pretty good.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I got my copy of Black Widow Strikes Omni last week!
    Love how it covers 3 decades and 3 costumes while really showcasing solo and co-lead stories. For a character who has so much tie to team books(Avengers and Champions especially) finding spotlight stories took those decades.

I'm now very curious about an Omni followup that collects those mini-series and first short ongoings from the 2000 era might look.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BLACK WIDOW is the ultimate non-super super heroine!!!!! She's better than BATMAN. (And I'm a h-u-g-e BATMAN fan)

JASON BOURNE is like, "I could learn a thing or two from this girl."

The MCU has done an excellent job presenting BLACK WIDOW in the world of film.

SCARLETT JOHANSSON is absolutely the best choice for her portrayal, and always does an excellent job pulling that off.

BW 4.jpg
    BLACK WIDOW #4
    KELLY THOMPSON (W) • ELENA CASAGRANDE (A) • Cover by ADAM HUGHES
    Variant cover by Marco Checchetto
    MCU VARIANT COVER BY RYAN BROWN
    KNULLIFIED VARIANT BY SKAN
    WHAT LIES BENEATH?
    The plan to take the Black Widow off the table unravels as the Black Widow inside Natasha continues to wake. But Natasha has more to lose now than ever before, and the choices she makes will define her life forever. As for her enemies that have joined against her…they have badly underestimated her…a fatal error.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

SA.jpg
    SAVAGE AVENGERS #15 #16
    GERRY DUGGAN (W) • Patch Zircher (A) • CoverS by VALERIO GIANGIORDANO
    ISSUE #15 - VARIANT COVER BY ALEXANDER LOZANO
    ISSUE #16 - VARIANT COVER BY CARLOS PACHECO
    ISSUE #15 – While Conan’s team is busy trying to take treasure from a dragon, Kulan Gath’s forces are poisoning the world’s drug supply to summon Shuma Gorath. Black Widow, Wolverine and Son of Satan take on the Priest of Sickles. Ain’t no party like a Savage party, and you can’t throw a poison drug caper without the Punisher crashing it.
    ISSUE #16 – LET’S GO TO LIMBO! Magik joins Conan with guest Avenger the Black Knight and...the Juggernaut. An Asgardian dragon with the second eye of Agamotto doesn’t stand a chance. Or maybe he does. Either way, the Sweet Sixteenth of this comic is going to be a knock-down, drag-out fight that will punch you upside the head. Fair warning.
    32 PGS.(EACH)/Parental Advisory …$3.99 (EACH)
    Last edited by Winterboy; 09-18-2020 at 11:39 AM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

The Black Widow movie has been pushed back to May 7, 2021. The delay is now a full year.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The Black Widow movie has been pushed back to May 7, 2021. The delay is now a full year.
    Fine by me. I was concerned I was going to have an uneasy conversation with my wife about going to see it in theaters this November. Surely by next May the return to normal will be in full swing.Surely.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Fine by me. I was concerned I was going to have an uneasy conversation with my wife about going to see it in theaters this November. Surely by next May the return to normal will be in full swing.Surely.
    Same.

I want to take my kids to the cinema.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member

First issue was a good read, but I echo others' sentiments regarding BW being captured again. That trope was used in her first ongoing -- and it didn't sit well with me then. This story echoes the old Black Widow 4-parter in Marvel Team-Up where she believed she was Nancy Rushman -- schoolteacher -- who just happened to carry a Black Widow outfit in her purse and could spring into action without really knowing how or why.

BW by Scott Cohn.

bw.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    First issue was a good read, but I echo others' sentiments regarding BW being captured again. That trope was used in her first ongoing -- and it didn't sit well with me then. This story echoes the old Black Widow 4-parter in Marvel Team-Up where she believed she was Nancy Rushman -- schoolteacher -- who just happened to carry a Black Widow outfit in her purse and could spring into action without really knowing how or why.
    Probably my favorite MTU arc...

Wait what? I don't think I've read that one.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Yes, and the Widow was really shown as powerful, expert fighter. The story was interesting with good art.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Same.

I want to take my kids to the cinema.
    funny, the cinema has been sort of a +- for me. never had those crowds that felt like "community", although years ago we'd buy out a row and bring the kids and their friends, and us adults too! I remember the night of Endgame's release a baby crying at the very beginning, someone in the audience lost their mind, yelling ensued ... helluva way to start that movie. also remember the guy in front of us sniffling during RDJ's death. and yes my daughter and I got probably more choked up with the Widow's death. it was more of a family moment for us than "the big crowd" thing.

all in all, and given the $ of going to our theaters, I'm wondering if staying home, on a comfortable couch, with the flat screens nowadays, and snacks in hand(including the favorite wine or beer of course) .... well I might get use to that too. I know I want all these Marvel movies to continue to keep killing it at the box office but honestly I wouldn't have been disappointed if BW had gone straight to VOD either.

I do hope by this spring things will be different, but I'm worried here in the northeast US at least we're looking at a longer timeline.

oh and by the way, I hadn't seen a post from you recently and thought the worst. glad you're around.