Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In comics? he should be scared.

Taskmaster is good in a fight, but not much else. He's a trainer. He's no Deathstroke, who pulled off a precision strike on the Titans. When the going gets tough, Taskmaster cuts and runs.

Widow isn't going to challenge him to a fight, she's not going to want the satisfaction of dealing with him with her bare hands.

She'd just drop poison in his drink. She'd sabotage his car, or as we saw, snipe him from a distance why he was unarmed.

There's more to being a bad ass than just being able to fight. And Widow excels in those areas
    I wish I am very well-informed about Taskmaster in the comics because reading how comic readers speak lowly of him is kinda annoying. All I get from this post is that Nat is too good for Tasky and deserves a better mortal enemy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    I wish I am very well-informed about Taskmaster in the comics because reading how comic readers speak lowly of him is kinda annoying. All I get from this post is that Nat is too good for Tasky and deserves a better mortal enemy.
    In comics, they're not mortal enemies. And who knows what will happen in the movie? So don't worry

I don't mean to disrespect Taskmaster. He's one of my favorite villains. But that's because he's not a stereotypical villain who wants to rule the world, kick the puppies, and kill everyone who stands in his way. He's a lot more complicated (and tragic) than that, and he's mostly in the game for self-preservation. That's what I like about him, the nuance. I don't want Black Widow to be his arch-nemesis because I don't think he should be anyone's arch-nemesis...except for maybe himself.

Actually, maybe we should take this over to the Taskmaster appreciation thread here: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...eciation-2020/

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I think Marvel is trying to position Taskmaster as their Boba Fett. With the mask, you don't need to keep one actor under contract
    Man it will be very anticlimactic when he falls in a hole and that's that.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

So Kelly Thompson said to wait for issue #5 before people come from her head. Having read issue #4 now I get what she meant haha
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

I was so eager to read it that I didn't take a closer look at the cover and the first page so the sudden change of the art style took me by surprise. A pleasant one, I really like the look of the flashback scenes.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

I hadn't looked at the names prior to reading it either and was like "Wait. That's different"

But yeah they look just as good.

My Twitter

And boom goes the dynamite. Savage stuff, but that’s life as a tragic hero.

If one is well informed about Taskmaster in comics then they should know Taskmaster doesn’t do mortal enemies. That’s just bad business. I think Black Widow lucked out if they do Taskmaster right. He’s a refreshing villain that can be used to break away from the traditional norms. And he once took the Avengers on all by himself. He’s more then just good in a fight, but at the same time he’s just practical. So being purposely hunted by a superhero with a personal vendetta against him would be a nightmare situation for him. Making heroes extra motivated is the kind of mistake other bad guys make. The Red Room is Widows mortal enemy.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-02-2020 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I have no words.

I want to read #5 right now!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Tbf from Kelly's tweet I wouldn't be surprised if the thing that happened might turn out to have been prevented or reversed somehow in the next issue because comics.

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Tbf from Kelly's tweet I wouldn't be surprised if the thing that happened might turn out to have been prevented or reversed somehow in the next issue because comics.
    Yeah, chances are slim for Marvel spoilers:
    killing off an infant for real.
    end of spoilers

On a different note, there were discussions about Nat's mortal enemies on here and now we get a panel with all of them, what a coincidence.

But who is the female on the right below von Strucker and Kingpin? Could be Anya but she is already my guess for the one on the left below Tasky.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

BANNED

Who is james, he is a random character? I thought he was some past Natasha's lover

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Who is james, he is a random character? I thought he was some past Natasha's lover
    Some rando, yes.
    But most likely chosen for his resemblance with another James.

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Yeah, chances are slim for Marvel spoilers:
    killing off an infant for real.
    end of spoilers

On a different note, there were discussions about Nat's mortal enemies on here and now we get a panel with all of them, what a coincidence.

But who is the female on the right below von Strucker and Kingpin? Could be Anya but she is already my guess for the one on the left below Tasky.
    I think it’s Snapdragon.