Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

There was a team up in of all places Marvel Team-Up. It started with #82 and went 4 issues. It's a must read.

They had other team-ups in this comic as well but this was the best.

Good story and I liked the full-body action pose of Widow in the corner box.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

There was a team up in of all places Marvel Team-Up. It started with #82 and went 4 issues. It's a must read.

They had other team-ups in this comic as well but this was the best.

Absolutely, could not agree more. My very favorite MTU arc...great story, great arc..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Oooh, that's very good news. Of all the writers around, I'm very happy to hear Thompson is getting Nat, as I really liked her Rogue and Gambit series and her Jessica Jones series, since those two show I think she can handle history and a darker tone, both of which I think Nat needs to succeed.

Oh, man, this interview is great. Thompson says she wants to move away from the Red Room as the center of Nat's stories. It's like she reads these forums (she does, actually, sometimes ). The series looking forward, not backwards! Amazing!

This really seems like a passion project for Thompson, and I'm really glad - I want someone on Nat who has wanted to tell as Black Widow story, and has developed their skills as Thompson has. Now we just need to buy it so we can get two or more years out of it!
    I'm in, but have my doubts...any time a writer wants to go away from an established past makes me nervous and with female characters that too often goes to the long lost or unexpected child coming into play which never really works for me...just my preference before any one bashes me about being anti-kid... I do hope that info the Natasha clone angle...another cheap, lazy, overused Marvel trick to mask lack of creative writing..

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Basically the same as War Machine.

New ONGOING!
    https://uk.ign.com/articles/black-wi...-yelena-belova
    I’m not loving this cover.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    I'm in, but have my doubts...any time a writer wants to go away from an established past makes me nervous and with female characters that too often goes to the long lost or unexpected child coming into play which never really works for me...just my preference before any one bashes me about being anti-kid... I do hope that info the Natasha clone angle...another cheap, lazy, overused Marvel trick to mask lack of creative writing..
    I feel like it's extremely unlikely that Nat will have a child at this point, post Name of the Rose. And given that I spend every time we have a new Nat series saying "Man, I wish this wasn't about the Red Room," I'm thrilled. It's clear that Thompson will use her past with Red Guardian and Yelena, but she also wants to give her the future, not just stick her in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I’m not loving this cover.
    It's not the best Nat cover, but it's not the worst either, and I approve of them giving Nat an A list cover artist.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    They seem to refer to villains from her past and not the Red Room though.

Always thought it was a missed opportunity that they didn't make Viper a recurrent villain for Natasha so I'm happy she'll be in this one. Not that much for Red Guardian but as he's in the movie they had to shove him in apparently. Snapdragon should be fun, I like that classic story she was in. Weeping Lion is okay I guess.
    Oh I know. I just laughed out loud when I saw them saying that in the Trailer is all.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Invincible Member

Oooh, that's very good news. Of all the writers around, I'm very happy to hear Thompson is getting Nat, as I really liked her Rogue and Gambit series and her Jessica Jones series, since those two show I think she can handle history and a darker tone, both of which I think Nat needs to succeed.

Oh, man, this interview is great. Thompson says she wants to move away from the Red Room as the center of Nat's stories. It's like she reads these forums (she does, actually, sometimes ). The series looking forward, not backwards! Amazing!

This really seems like a passion project for Thompson, and I'm really glad - I want someone on Nat who has wanted to tell as Black Widow story, and has developed their skills as Thompson has. Now we just need to buy it so we can get two or more years out of it!
    After looking up Elena Casagrande's art, I am cautiously optimistic.

Also, next big check I'm looking to invest in some back issues. Part of that haul will be the issues from the Edmonson/Noto run that I'm missing before the prices go up.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    After looking up Elena Casagrande's art, I am cautiously optimistic.

Also, next big check I'm looking to invest in some back issues. Part of that haul will be the issues from the Edmonson/Noto run that I'm missing before the prices go up.
    What did you miss?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I feel like it's extremely unlikely that Nat will have a child at this point, post Name of the Rose.
    Isn't Nat explicitly infertile?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Invincible Member

What did you miss?
    Random issues roughly between 8 and 15-ish. So basically the 2nd big arc I guess.

BANNED

Her previous body was, this own is unknown

In theory, she could carry a pregnancy to term while on immunosuppressants. But I'm pretty sure it's not something she's interested in. And I don't think it's something Kelly Thompson is interested in giving her, either.

Titan solicits:
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...solicitations/

BLACK WIDOW: THE OFFICIAL MOVIE SPECIAL

FC, 100PP, $12.99

On Sale: May 6, 2020

A behind-the-scenes guide to the newest, upcoming film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Black Widow! This Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Special includes interviews with cast and crew, along with much more!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I neeeeeeeeeeeed It!!!!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

This
    Is
    Awesome!

MAR2020002-Cov.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."