Page 33 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    When is the new series set to start now?
    September (and I'm really looking forward to it!)

I have mixed feelings about that. To become an ongoing this series has to do good in sales and that is only possible with the help of simultaneous hype around the Black Widow movie. With the release in september it'll come out two months before the movie (and it's still not entirely sure if the movie will actually release at that date or be postponed again depending on how the situation will be) so I guess it won't benefit from any possible movie hype at all, making it likely just another 5-issue-mini instead of an ongoing. An october or november release to accompany the movie release would have been better in my book.

My shop got a variant copy of the first issue, which they sold to me and it was NOT what I was expecting. It's gonna be good.

And I think the hype train for the movie will start back up in September. By the time the movie drops a few issues will be out for people who want the comic.

This is what they did for Captain Marvel... started the series in January, movie came out in March. It's still going strong.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Black Widow Movie Will ‘Hand The Baton’ To Florence Pugh, Says Cate Shortland – Exclusive
    https://www.empire***********/movies...and-exclusive/

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Black Widow Movie Will ‘Hand The Baton’ To Florence Pugh, Says Cate Shortland – Exclusive
    https://www.empire***********/movies...and-exclusive/
    Well, I hope that this is true and we don't have the possible death of Yelena.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Black Widow by John Cassaday

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

This is one of the best Black Widow tales, ever.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Black Widow, weapons master .

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Other than the WoR 2 parter, has Kelly handled Natasha anywhere else?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Great drawing! The artist gets BW.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Other than the WoR 2 parter, has Kelly handled Natasha anywhere else?
    Not to my knowledge but that doesn't necessarily mean much.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Fantastic Member

Hey, does anyone know what happened to the Black Widow: Widow’s Sting miniseries by Ralph Macchio? It was announced back in January for an original April start. Now I can’t even find it on ComiXology (unlike the ongoing BW series which shows up with a September release date). Was this cancelled or put on indefinite hold?

Ok thinking what recent series has created “canon” for Natasha. Probably most recently the Tales of Suspense clone stuff. Otherwise not feeling it from Waid, or Edmondson. Good stuff at times but nothing particularly dramatic. Last one to fundamentally change the equation, create a new thread in her life was Brubaker .... who never actually wrote a Black Widow series!

I’d be up for a Brubaker run with Sean Phillips much like their previous collaborations. Velvet was very much a BW type series, Epting would be good as well.