Page 44 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Apparently 17 of the 40 books have been taken down.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...ed_a_bunch_of/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Now I know why Kelly Thompson was like "I'm excited and terrified for people to read issue #2"

"̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Now I know why Kelly Thompson was like "I'm excited and terrified for people to read issue #2"

Oh my God! Okay, so who here has read the original West Coast Avengers series, specifically the Byrne run? spoilers:
    There was a plot point with Wanda's twins that whenever she wasn't actively thinking about them, they would disappear, and she ended up going through a lot of different nannies until they finally figured out that the twins were just a combination of her wishful thinking and magical powers. There were two references to Little Stevie having a habit of disappearing (specifically, when Natasha wasn't around), so my theory is that his existence comes from the same mechanism as the original William and Thomas. I don't know how or why, but it seems like there's something very similar going on there. And I feel like I've seen Kelly Thompson say that she's a fan of that era of WCA.
    end of spoilers

Also, was that spoilers:
    Alexei
    end of spoilers on the last page?

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Oh my God! Okay, so who here has read the original West Coast Avengers series, specifically the Byrne run? spoilers:
    There was a plot point with Wanda's twins that whenever she wasn't actively thinking about them, they would disappear, and she ended up going through a lot of different nannies until they finally figured out that the twins were just a combination of her wishful thinking and magical powers. There were two references to Little Stevie having a habit of disappearing (specifically, when Natasha wasn't around), so my theory is that his existence comes from the same mechanism as the original William and Thomas. I don't know how or why, but it seems like there's something very similar going on there. And I feel like I've seen Kelly Thompson say that she's a fan of that era of WCA.
    end of spoilers

Also, was that spoilers:
    Alexei
    Oh hey good catch there. spoilers:
    I had heard a lot about that story but never actually read it so I can't say too much but it's an interesting thought to keep in mind.
    end of spoilers

And:
    Pretty sure it is.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Fantastic Member

end of spoilers

Also, was that spoilers:
    Alexei
    spoilers:
    The wishful thinking also tracks with the names, or something she could have envisioned once upon a time. She's involved with James with a son named Steve, and the through line is obvious there. She has her black cat, but it's named Logan. Curious to see if a Clint analogue will make an appearance.
    end of spoilers

This story could still turn out either great or a total disaster for me.

spoilers:
    Ugh, so my assumption was right, Kelly just skipped the pregnancy part and gave Nat a full grown child already. Not a fan.
    end of spoilers

Does anyone have a guess who spoilers:
    the babysitter is? Looks somehow familiar but I can't tell why.
    end of spoilers

Still love the art, Nat looks really good.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Slow burn, but intriguing. spoilers:
    So she’s engaged to a guy named James and has a son named Steve, even a cat named Logan. Hmm...
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-07-2020 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Slow burn, but intriguing. spoilers:
    So she’s engaged to a guy named James and has a son named Steve, even a cat named Logan. Hmm...
    end of spoilers
    Warming up to this in a big way. Art is fantastic.

Some upcoming issues will get MCU inspired variant covers: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nspired-covers

Also new variant covers for #3 and #4 were revealed (heavy spoilers for #2): https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...pcoming-covers

I absolutely love the variant cover for #4. Only minor issue I have is that the artist left Clint out, which is especially odd since it features Tony twice.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Some upcoming issues will get MCU inspired variant covers: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nspired-covers

Also new variant covers for #3 and #4 were revealed (heavy spoilers for #2): https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...pcoming-covers

I absolutely love the variant cover for #4. Only minor issue I have is that the artist left Clint out, which is especially odd since it features Tony twice.
    I was so sure that Thor in the corner was Old Man Hawkeye until I saw the hammer. Weird that Clint (and Logan, to be honest) isn't there, but I appreciate that Matt was included.

I was so sure that Thor in the corner was Old Man Hawkeye until I saw the hammer. Weird that Clint (and Logan, to be honest) isn't there, but I appreciate that Matt was included.
    Logan has been acknowledged through the cat at least but poor Clint seems to play no part in Natasha's ideal life at all

Savage Avengers #12:

Logan has been acknowledged through the cat at least but poor Clint seems to play no part in Natasha's ideal life at all
    Maybe I'm clowning myself, but I think he's gonna be important here. Like one of the last things she was thinking about before she was taken was how she had to make things right with him because life was too short, and that they'd work things out because they always do, but then she didn't get chance. I wonder if that'll come into play, and if it's partly why he's been omitted.

Maybe I'm clowning myself, but I think he's gonna be important here. Like one of the last things she was thinking about before she was taken was how she had to make things right with him because life was too short, and that they'd work things out because they always do, but then she didn't get chance. I wonder if that'll come into play, and if it's partly why he's been omitted.

Toni is there three times even.
    I did think that might mean something (that and mah boy not being there) but Kelly immediately came out on twitter and was basically like:" Guys it's a variant cover it means nothing. Chill."

My Twitter