Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I doubt it has anything to do with the MCU. Nothing I've heard about Taskmaster in the MCU suggests he would be afraid of Natasha.
    From the Trailers MCU Taskmaster seems a lot more serious compared to comics goofball-ish Tasky.
    Of course that could very well end up being different and I am just projecting.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Taskmaster is kind of neurotic and anxious in general, so I can buy that he'd be nervous about the fact that Natasha is after him. It doesn't mean that his skills aren't up to par or that he doesn't have confidence in his skills, it's just that he, you know...really doesn't want to die. (Oh, and the fact that Natasha is one of the most high-profile heroes who doesn't have rules against killing probably contributes to it.)

Today I learned there were plans for a book called Liberators around the time Marjorie Liu was writing X-23. The book would have starred Black Widow, Elektra, X-23, Cecilia Reyes and Mystique.

https://hellyeahteensuperheroes.tumb...-that-a-series

Extraordinary Member

Today I learned there were plans for a book called Liberators around the time Marjorie Liu was writing X-23. The book would have starred Black Widow, Elektra, X-23, Cecilia Reyes and Mystique.

Yeah, there was talk back on the old forum about this.

I still have a problem with how heroic she would have written Mystique.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    From the Trailers MCU Taskmaster seems a lot more serious compared to comics goofball-ish Tasky.
    Of course that could very well end up being different and I am just projecting.
    And they also probably don't want to spoil his identity (unless he uses a modulator to hide his voice).

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

What I mean is that, until his slated MCU appearance, Taskmaster was in no way Black Widow's mortal enemy in the comics, the way Red Skull is for Cap America. I also found it interesting that they chose Taskmaster as the main villain in Nat's solo movie as opposed to Nat's Russian enemies like Ivan, Yelena and Iron Maiden. And yeah, I'm aware that they made Yelena and IM as her allies in the movie instead or maybe her 'allies' (that would be very interesting). I'm really very excited for the movie in spite of the constant delays which is understandable. I really hope BW would be able to exceed $1B WW and it could've been an easy feat pre-covid19. I just hope it would be able to earn a lot of money and I'm glad that Disney is persistent with a theatrical release for BW.

Ultimate Member

I'd bet money on the idea that Taskmaster was chosen as the villain, simply so that Marvel could have a villain they could reuse in other movies. I mean, no matter the actor who plays him, its his image that will be iconic

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    I love Natasha but why are modern comic book writers assassinating Taskmaster's character. Why did they write him to be fearful of Natasha or any other character for that matter. I think they are only doing this to fit into the MCU timeline. And lately, they've been making Taskmaster the ultimate punching bag for heroes, old and new. Poor Tasky. He's my fav villain.
    In comics? he should be scared.

Taskmaster is good in a fight, but not much else. He's a trainer. He's no Deathstroke, who pulled off a precision strike on the Titans. When the going gets tough, Taskmaster cuts and runs.

Widow isn't going to challenge him to a fight, she's not going to want the satisfaction of dealing with him with her bare hands.

She'd just drop poison in his drink. She'd sabotage his car, or as we saw, snipe him from a distance why he was unarmed.

There's more to being a bad ass than just being able to fight. And Widow excels in those areas

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'd bet money on the idea that Taskmaster was chosen as the villain, simply so that Marvel could have a villain they could reuse in other movies. I mean, no matter the actor who plays him, its his image that will be iconic
    That'd be nice, but I usually don't have high expectations when it comes to Marvel movies and villains in the first solos (with some exception) .

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

I still have a problem with how heroic she would have written Mystique.
    Where there any details on that?

Well that explains Laura showing up in Edmondson's run on Black Widow I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And they also probably don't want to spoil his identity (unless he uses a modulator to hide his voice).
    Why are you so certain he's gonna be a guy?
    I'm not really sure. Iean it might be part of the reason but I feel like the idea was to find a Villain who is theoretically superior foe but a beatable one.
    And unlike her own Villains he doesn't come with the Sowjet baggage which, much like the Mandarin, doesn't quite fly anymore nowadays.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Where there any details on that?
    Apparently Liu pitched the idea of a team-up of said ladies to Marvel and they immediately rejected it because it wouldn't sell so it's unclear how far Liu's ideas were at that point. I don't believe Liu ever spoke in detail about it, but here's a quote from her:

"[They would be] brought together for a very specific purpose…because they have such different personalities they were going to learn that they worked very well together as a team despite the fact that they didn’t really like each other that much, and that they had something to offer as…something to offer that others couldn’t, in a sense that these are all women who are ruthless, they are incredibly strong, incredibly skilled at what they do, assassination to espionage to flat out sabotage and together they were very, very powerful, more powerful together than they would be apart. So…they would come together for special missions and then do their own thing, but they would always be, something like a secret society, that just the four of them knew about, that no one else was aware of." https://ladiesmakingcomics.tumblr.co...her-for-a-very
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Why are you so certain he's gonna be a guy?
    I guess because of the significant ladies, it doesn't seem like it could be them at this point, and there's an actor who they've been barely been promoting and advertising for the movie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That'd be nice, but I usually don't have high expectations when it comes to Marvel movies and villains in the first solos (with some exception) .
    I think Marvel is trying to position Taskmaster as their Boba Fett. With the mask, you don't need to keep one actor under contract

I think Marvel is trying to position Taskmaster as their Boba Fett. With the mask, you don't need to keep one actor under contract
    Although I think they're going to establish someone as Taskmaster in the movie, so it'll be interesting to see where they go with it.