Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I have no words.

I want to read #5 right now!
    Definitely! Wondering how you’re feeling about Kelly’s writing of WS so far, and of the artistic choices about him.

... there is an authorized behind-the-scenes magazine based on the movie that I see in Barnes & Noble stores. I did a quick flip-through but didn't buy it yet. Anyone pick it up already?

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Definitely! Wondering how you’re feeling about Kelly’s writing of WS so far, and of the artistic choices about him.
    James is disposable as always.

My friend, to be honest, I don't care about the Winter Soldier anymore. In my opinion, marvel should have killed Bucky at the end of the Brubaker run because they definitely don't know what to do with him.

The character I care about is stuck here ...
    brubaker.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I think it’s Snapdragon.
    Hm, I think Snapdragon is the one on the bottom right with the shorter hair below Madame Masque.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    James is disposable as always.

My friend, to be honest, I don't care about the Winter Soldier anymore. In my opinion, marvel should have killed Bucky at the end of the Brubaker run because they definitely don't know what to do with him.

The character I care about is stuck here ...
    brubaker.jpg
    I have to agree with you. Even Casagrande seems ambivalent about his character.

IMG_1745.jpg
    Of course then there's this cover too but then again no serious characterization here either by Coates. At least Ross drew the sh*t out of him .... and the rest. Ahh forgive my digression from Madame Natasha, folks.
    Last edited by tliscord; 12-03-2020 at 10:41 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Some rando, yes.
    But most likely chosen for his resemblance with another James.
    I think this story would work better with real Bucky, but that would complicate things.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Hm, I think Snapdragon is the one on the bottom right with the shorter hair below Madame Masque.
    I thought the bottom right was Black Lotus.

spoilers:
    Did it never occur to these guys to just poison Natasha? Or kill her in her sleep while she was unconscious?
    end of spoilers

Natasha took a page out of the Emma Frost playbook in this weeks Savage Avengers...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Natasha took a page out of the Emma Frost playbook in this weeks Savage Avengers...
    Same writer, same sexism on writing
    Last edited by baxer; 12-03-2020 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Same writer, same sexism
    Oh wow, I had totally forgotten about the same writer. He basically repeated himself .

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    I think this story would work better with real Bucky, but that would complicate things.
    I don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    spoilers:
    Did it never occur to these guys to just poison Natasha? Or kill her in her sleep while she was unconscious?
    end of spoilers
    They already mentioned that if killed she's probably just gonna come back somehow because sometimes Comics are self-aware.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I thought James resembled Gambit more than Bucky lol

spoilers:
    Am I the only one that found this issue a little lackluster? There was a lot of buildup and intrigue in the previous issues and this just felt... too easy? Like maybe I was reading too much into it with his business trips and such, but if that is really it for James, and he's just some boring pawn in the story then that's pretty disappointing. And it just felt melodramatic and really heavy handed having Natasha profess her love for him multiple times while in such a dire situation. There wasn't enough time and build up for me to care about their relationship, and it felt like she was still fake Natalie so I still didn't care or something? I dunno, it just all felt really off to me, so I'm really hoping there's a big twist in the next issue to pull it all together.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And how unnecessary at that. There's three of them and they needed a distraction to take down two random thugs? Seems right...

That said I still like the take on Natasha in SA better than the one in Coates' Cap book... Man, it's really good to have an ongoing.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.