Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Oooh, I do love Sean McKeever.
    I'm really enjoying the reading.

natasha 2.jpg
    secret avengers.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I'm really enjoying the reading.

natasha 2.jpg
    secret avengers.jpg
    Oh, I remember this story now. I liked a lot of it, but the whole thing? Hmmm.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Heads up: Nat ist gonna show up in next week's Hawkeye Freefall in case anyone is interested.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I am interested!

Thanks, Matt.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I am interested!

Thanks, Matt.
    *Fingerguns*
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

The more writers who have her calling Bucky "Bucky" the more confused I get as to whether she has her memories back or not.

On the plus side, I think Otto Schmidt draws the current design 10x better then everybody else does.

Black Widow in old Marvel Knights series by Eduardo Barreto.

eduardo barreto bw.jpg
    eduardo barreto bw 1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    On the plus side, I think Otto Schmidt draws the current design 10x better then everybody else does.
    Couldn't agree more!

Fantastic Member

The more writers who have her calling Bucky "Bucky" the more confused I get as to whether she has her memories back or not.

Natasha calling Bucky "Bucky" and not "James" has such a vibe of wrongness to it.

But Otto Schmidt's work is amazing and I love it. He does a great Natasha.

Since when would Natasha say “my thing with Bucky”! To Clint, or to anyone. They’re losing me. The more I reference back to Liu’s short arc, the more I’m disinclined to keep up with her current character. Lost her gravitas for initially more violence, then this which I’m not sure how to describe. Whatever recent good takes I feel are continually undermined by her steady decline as evidence by this nonsense. Throw stuff at the canvas and see what sticks.

As far as this art, not doing anything more for me than recent stuff.

What a shame.

Here’s the thing for me, I don’t know if this resonates with any of you folks, but we haven’t seen a “Deconnick/Carol Danvers” writer yet for Nat. I thought Edmonds’ run ok with Noto but not game changing, I was terrifically excited about Waid and Samnee but thought that didn’t rise to the level I imagined that team capable of, and last three arcs including TOS, and her role in Spencer’s Secret Empire “nightmare” was plain awful. Honestly I feel like the last writer who had any notion of her was Brubaker and that wasn’t even a Black Widow series. This character is definitely in limbo right now .... and any of us who truly enjoy her are just desperate for just about anything. It’s heart breaking. Please convince me there is some good out of all this hodgepodge, because I’m just not seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Here’s the thing for me, I don’t know if this resonates with any of you folks, but we haven’t seen a “Deconnick/Carol Danvers” writer yet for Nat. I thought Edmonds’ run ok with Noto but not game changing, I was terrifically excited about Waid and Samnee but thought that didn’t rise to the level I imagined that team capable of, and last three arcs including TOS, and her role in Spencer’s Secret Empire “nightmare” was plain awful. Honestly I feel like the last writer who had any notion of her was Brubaker and that wasn’t even a Black Widow series. This character is definitely in limbo right now .... and any of us who truly enjoy her are just desperate for just about anything. It’s heart breaking. Please convince me there is some good out of all this hodgepodge, because I’m just not seeing it.
    Closest there is for me is Liu. Brubaker did a lot of fun stuff with her, but she was clearly a supporting character for him, and he broke her badly on his way out of Marvel.

That being said, I think Thompson is a great choice, and I hope for some solid stuff.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Closest there is for me is Liu. Brubaker did a lot of fun stuff with her, but she was clearly a supporting character for him, and he broke her badly on his way out of Marvel.

That being said, I think Thompson is a great choice, and I hope for some solid stuff.
    Yes, and looking at some of Warren Ellis’ work on Secret Avengers I thought he had her down, that art wasn’t too bad either. Agreed Brubaker had her as a supporting character even in the Winter Soldier series but he created such a rich and interesting history for her and her relationship with Bucky and the Red room. Plus we got some great team ups with Falcon and Sharon( loved those!).

Now it’s just not sticking for me. I’m hopeful that Thompson can come through, but I also think it’ll take a commitment from editorial as well and to assigning consistent top quality artists. I’m not optimistic Aaron will do much with her in his Avengers, and Coates is ignoring her in Cap, where we’ve hardly seen anything from Bucky too.

I’m pumped for the up coming movie, and will continue to follow her in the comics but boy does it feel like a long drought we’re in right now.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Yes, and looking at some of Warren Ellis’ work on Secret Avengers I thought he had her down, that art wasn’t too bad either. Agreed Brubaker had her as a supporting character even in the Winter Soldier series but he created such a rich and interesting history for her and her relationship with Bucky and the Red room. Plus we got some great team ups with Falcon and Sharon( loved those!).

Now it’s just not sticking for me. I’m hopeful that Thompson can come through, but I also think it’ll take a commitment from editorial as well and to assigning consistent top quality artists. I’m not optimistic Aaron will do much with her in his Avengers, and Coates is ignoring her in Cap, where we’ve hardly seen anything from Bucky too.

I’m pumped for the up coming movie, and will continue to follow her in the comics but boy does it feel like a long drought we’re in right now.
    I love Ellis's Nat solo issue in Secret Avengers. However, she's mostly an ensemble character in that run. There's are several writers who I think "get" Nat - I'd say Grayson and Rucka would fit there - but other than Liu, I don't think any have really gotten a solo treatment that wasn't explicitly a miniseries. (Fraction's use of Widow in Iron Man is another standout for me.)

I love Ellis's Nat solo issue in Secret Avengers. However, she's mostly an ensemble character in that run. There's are several writers who I think "get" Nat - I'd say Grayson and Rucka would fit there - but other than Liu, I don't think any have really gotten a solo treatment that wasn't explicitly a miniseries. (Fraction's use of Widow in Iron Man is another standout for me.)
    Appreciate you putting up with my rant here. Thanks! Yeah, what a mess Brubaker left at the end of his run on Winter Soldier. Wondering if there was pressure, or plan to explode James and Nat’s relationship going forward. It was god awful tease what Waid wrote.

I liked Grayson’s stuff, quite enjoyable. Just finished the Marvel Knights thing, and it was passable, I first fell in love with the character in Daredevil, the move to San Francisco, and Conway’ intriguing Danny French/ Damon Dran arc. Put her front and center of Daredvils own mag. That was radical. Of course Gene Colan’s art and portrayal of her was crazy good ... so too was Everett’s.

Looking back her Avengers run with Bob Harris and Epting wasn’t as revolutionary as Stern’s portrayal of Wasp as leader, but at least it established her as an integral piece of the team ... and a leader. After Onslaught stuff liked how they wrote her burdened with guilt as the lone survivor. Poignant moments to be sure.

1D2CEB7F-10CC-472E-91F9-63620CA78425.jpg
    Last edited by tliscord; 02-10-2020 at 08:00 PM.