Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Appreciate you putting up with my rant here. Thanks! Yeah, what a mess Brubaker left at the end of his run on Winter Soldier. Wondering if there was pressure, or plan to explode James and Nat’s relationship going forward. It was god awful tease what Waid wrote.

I liked Grayson’s stuff, quite enjoyable. Just finished the Marvel Knights thing, and it was passable, I first fell in love with the character in Daredevil, the move to San Francisco, and Conway’ intriguing Danny French/ Damon Dran arc. Put her front and center of Daredvils own mag. That was radical. Of course Gene Colan’s art and portrayal of her was crazy good ... so too was Everett’s.

Looking back her Avengers run with Bob Harris and Epting wasn’t as revolutionary as Stern’s portrayal of Wasp as leader, but at least it established her as an integral piece of the team ... and a leader. After Onslaught stuff liked how they wrote her burdened with guilt as the lone survivor. Poignant moments to be sure.

Attachment 92965
    I think we've had inconsistency. That's why I really hope that Thompson's run is 1) good, of course, and 2) at least two years. Now, I know that Edmondson's run was about 2 years (ish), but it didn't really give Nat much of a direction, just sort of fun adventures without a real throughline. And maybe Liu wouldn't have had a throughline if she'd kept going - and maybe that's why she didn't.

I appreciate you bringing up some good points about Nat! I love getting into a good discussion on the boards.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Not been a huge fan on her portrayal as a whole lately either, mostly in her own Comics for that matter.
    She's been very unapproachable for the most part more so than usual.
    I like it when she's actually allowed to have friendly interactions once in a while.
    Her untimely demise aside I actually quite liked her in Secret Empire.

And Edmonson / Noto is too far in the past for me to count as "recently".
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Not been a huge fan on her portrayal as a whole lately either, mostly in her own Comics for that matter.
    She's been very unapproachable for the most part more so than usual.
    I like it when she's actually allowed to have friendly interactions once in a while.
    Her untimely demise aside I actually quite liked her in Secret Empire.

And Edmonson / Noto is too far in the past for me to count as "recently".
    There was some attempt to surround her with friends in Houser’s story, and yes giving her a supporting ensemble she can interact with is helpful. This latest iteration gave her that but there wasn't enough (any?) connectivity among the Avengers and her. She’s had moments with Bucky on the plane during Liu’s story, multiple moments with Logan, Fury, Falcon, and even some brief but fun spy interactions with Sharon Carter. The rooftop moment in Fear itself epilogue with Fury, Steve, and Bucky was so poignant, so character driven, just so spot on as she confessed to Steve her duplicity with Fury. All good moments.

But the whole thing with Bucky seems like a never-ending tease either with Waid, or even at the end of TOS. And really it’s all about her memories and personality, left in the wind by Brubaker. We have no idea what she remembers. Maybe Thompson will take this on... that and this clone stuff. I suppose the same could be said of Starks current issues, or whether Steve Rogers is really Steve or some weird Kobik amalgam.

Part of me is curious what Thompson can do, part of me wants Samnee back to write and draw for a couple of years. Give us a bit more consistency and care.

I admit her arc in Secret Empire especially working with the young heroes while avoiding the Punisher worked well.

I’m pumped for the up coming movie, and will continue to follow her in the comics but boy does it feel like a long drought we’re in right now.
    I'm still waiting for the "definitive run".
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Looking back her Avengers run with Bob Harris and Epting wasn’t as revolutionary as Stern’s portrayal of Wasp as leader, but at least it established her as an integral piece of the team ... and a leader. After Onslaught stuff liked how they wrote her burdened with guilt as the lone survivor. Poignant moments to be sure.

Attachment 92965
    I really enjoyed her as Avengers leader.
    avengers bw.jpg

and the '99 annual after Onslaught is one of my favorite moments with Natasha ever.

jarvis 0.jpg
    jarvis.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Reading Thompsons Widow in that Captain Marvel two-parter with Dr. Strange...Natasha seemed a little too quippy for my tastes, but felt fine overall. I'm curious how Thompson will approach writing her for the solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Reading Thompsons Widow in that Captain Marvel two-parter with Dr. Strange...Natasha seemed a little too quippy for my tastes, but felt fine overall. I'm curious how Thompson will approach writing her for the solo.
    1.jpg
    Definitely not my favorite Natasha.

2.jpg

Impulsive and reckless and the "Bucky" is still there.

to be honest, I'm waiting for something totally different.

treasure.jpg

In Shops: Mar 11, 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Really a bittersweet issue for Natasha. Acknowledging the spy, the loner, and the leader. A very special moment. Art was different but appropriate and the writer was kind. Miss this stuff. The relationship between Jarvis and Nat was a small moment of profoundness.

Love his letter to her ...
    34C4CA3E-7946-4E8A-ABE4-8896FF2238E7.jpg

Really a bittersweet issue for Natasha. Acknowledging the spy, the loner, and the leader. A very special moment. Art was different but appropriate and the writer was kind. Miss this stuff. The relationship between Jarvis and Nat was a small moment of profoundness.

Love his letter to her ...
    34C4CA3E-7946-4E8A-ABE4-8896FF2238E7.jpg
    Yeah. I loved it.

Black Widow Introduces a Young Natasha Romanoff to the MCU

BW face.jpg

https://www.cbr.com/black-widow-youn...-romanoff-mcu/

Really not much other than Colan and Everett’s first work of her in the Amazing Adventures mini. The early Avenger stuff can be spotty but yet there’s the Red Guardian stuff. Only included Daredevil 81 and left out the whole DD & BW title ....that would’ve been a nice addition to this volume. Gotta love that Everett cover tho’
    53D38B22-A734-43A7-B8AB-FEFAB63F9C8C.jpg

Really not much other than Colan and Everett’s first work of her in the Amazing Adventures mini. The early Avenger stuff can be spotty but yet there’s the Red Guardian stuff. Only included Daredevil 81 and left out the whole DD & BW title ....that would’ve been a nice addition to this volume. Gotta love that Everett cover tho’
    53D38B22-A734-43A7-B8AB-FEFAB63F9C8C.jpg
    DD 1.jpg
    I have this book and it's collecting part of DD and BW stories. I'm waiting for more.

Anxious to get this beauty as well.
    epic collection black widow.jpg

Natasha, Jessica and Jennifer by Otto Schmidt.

EQrNk59WsAEUnCS.jpg