Page 16 of 60 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

For someone recent Natasha issues, I really loved Avengers Assemble #14. I thought it was a great showcase of her character, a wonderful issue devoted solely to her that punches me in the heart every time.

I know I don't have the most popular opinions regarding Nat in these parts, but I also personally really loved the Natasha of Secret Empire. Natasha who was heroic and a big part of the resistance team until it became clear to her that they were failing and she had to do things her way. And after that, her training the young heroes but also sacrificing herself so that they didn't go too far, didn't become like her. I just loved her in that event so much, plus Andrea Sorrentino's rendition of her was absolutely stunning! Forever in love with the splash page of her fighting Punisher. That's the Natasha I miss. I know dying and coming back as a clone changes a person and all, but she's been so cold since. I hope her new ongoing will deal with that and have her working past it and letting her friends in again.

Oh I really enjoyed Secret Empire Nat.
    I think it's the whole dying thing that bothers most about that story but I personally don't mind deaths of my favourite characters as much when I thought it was a good one (and when it's comics and we all know they'll be back in a heartbeat).
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I didn't mind that she died because I thought it was actually well done in that she did so while trying to prevent Miles from taking a step he couldn't go back from. I did hate that they left her dead at the end of the story, though, as that part never made sense to me, it seemed pointless and contrived, especially since they brought her back only a few months later, and in a way I haven't enjoyed. Really hoping Thompson can turn things around.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    I didn't mind that she died because I thought it was actually well done in that she did so while trying to prevent Miles from taking a step he couldn't go back from. I did hate that they left her dead at the end of the story, though, as that part never made sense to me, it seemed pointless and contrived, especially since they brought her back only a few months later, and in a way I haven't enjoyed. Really hoping Thompson can turn things around.
    I can see why. If the had a better story in mind to get her back as a setup for some follow up I'd have been down with it but I think it was rather obvious that they just told Rosenberg "Dunno, man. Just get her back somehow" rather than there having been an elaborate plan.

But really all my problems with Secret Empire only ever occured in the very last issue and that was one of them.
    Up until that point I was a huge fan of it.

And while Nat remained dead in my well... basically fan fiction ending (or how I called it How Marvel should have concluded: Secret Empire) I was working with the assumption that they had a plan in mind for her.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 02-24-2020 at 01:56 AM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

A short preview for Kelly Thompson and Elena Casagrande's Black Widow #1!

ERz0FF4WoAAXO6j.jpg
    ERz0Fn0WsAAcjjE.jpg

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Hello Natasha fans, hope that all of you are well.

I wanted to ask, what Black Widow stories would you recomend me to read?
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post

My biggest recommendation is always The Name of the Rose (which was recently reprinted as part of the Black Widow: Widowmaker large collection - but most of the other pieces aren't nearly as good as The Name of the Rose, which was issues 1-5 of her first ongoing series).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Yeah, Name of the Rose is definitely number one. I also liked the Waid Samnee run SHIELD's Most Wanted but I guess that was a bit divisive among fans. And if you don't mind old school stuff the Marvel Fanfare Web of Intrigue by Macchio and Perez is action-packed fun.

I'm a huge sucker for the Edmonson/Noto solo personally.

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    A short preview for Kelly Thompson and Elena Casagrande's Black Widow #1!

ERz0FF4WoAAXO6j.jpg
    ERz0Fn0WsAAcjjE.jpg
    Natasha looking both gorgeous and dangerous. The perfect combination .

BANNED

Greg Rucka's Marvel Knights Black Widow is a good start for modern fans I guess.

Thanks for the recomendations.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Thanks for the recomendations.
    Anytime!

My Twitter

Black Widow by Waid & Samnee: The Complete Collection Review
    Black Widow is made more interesting in a fulfilling and action-packed series!

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...ection-review/
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."