Page 19 of 60 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    CAMPBELL, PAREL, HUGHES, More Sting with BLACK WIDOW #1 Covers

https://www.newsarama.com/49358-blac...covers.html#s2

Attachment 94278
    I want one.

Another teaser.

ESx-t65UEAAzXgB.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member

Another teaser.

ESx-t65UEAAzXgB.jpg
    Okay -- that looks promising. I'd really like to see a more action-packed series this time around.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I'm a huge sucker for the Edmonson/Noto solo personally.
    Same here. I think it's really underrated.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Same here. I think it's really underrated.
    For art alone, it's great. And I think the writing, while not top notch, does some good things, particularly by coming up with Elijah and a new villain.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    For art alone, it's great. And I think the writing, while not top notch, does some good things, particularly by coming up with Elijah and a new villain.
    Not my favorite. I don't know, something about Noto's sequential pages don't works for me.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I'm surprised at how much I like this! I haven't been following the book and didn't realize Natasha was still with the team. Also, I like that they're back to calling her Romanova instead of Romanoff.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I thought on a craft level, the writing was fine. My biggest problem with the script ( and I realize it's a subjective thing), is that Nat's characterization leaned a little too heavily into the modern take of "BW is a lonely female assassin who doesn't always open up to people." And I'm someone who was introduced to the bronze age version ( ex-DD sidekick, Champion, will guest stars here and there), so I think "Hey, she might not always be the life of the party, but she knows how to make friends."

As far as blending the modern/classic take I kinda liked how Kely Thompson(?) wrote her in Avengers Assemble. A serious person, but not stand offish. The BW,Spider Woman, Spider Girl team up was pretty fun.

As far as blending the modern/classic take I kinda liked how Kely Thompson(?) wrote her in Avengers Assemble. A serious person, but not stand offish. The BW,Spider Woman, Spider Girl team up was pretty fun.
    I'm pretty sure it was Kelly Sue DeConnick on Assemble.

I thought on a craft level, the writing was fine. My biggest problem with the script ( and I realize it's a subjective thing), is that Nat's characterization leaned a little too heavily into the modern take of "BW is a lonely female assassin who doesn't always open up to people." And I'm someone who was introduced to the bronze age version ( ex-DD sidekick, Champion, will guest stars here and there), so I think "Hey, she might not always be the life of the party, but she knows how to make friends."

Kelly Sue DeConnick .

kelly sue 1.jpg
    kelly sue 2.jpg
    Last edited by Winterboy; 03-11-2020 at 12:15 PM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was Kelly Sue DeConnick on Assemble.
    Ouch! My bad!

Invincible Member

Kelly Sue DeConnick .

kelly sue 1.jpg
    kelly sue 2.jpg
    Yes, I'm embarrassed that I got them mixed up!

Yes, I'm embarrassed that I got them mixed up!
    No problem, my friend.

Last edited by Winterboy; 03-11-2020 at 12:27 PM.

Promos
    bw and yelena.jpg
    promo art.jpg
    BW in Avengers: The Initiative...

BW teacher.jpg