Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    I really enjoyed this issue! I'm so tired of writers pushing this narrative that Natasha constantly has to do everything alone, that she can't trust anyone and that no one can trust her. I enjoyed the first and third issues quite a bit (there was too much technobabble in the second one that pulled me out of the story), but the fourth one seemed to try to drive that point home, and Clint felt so ooc and cold in how he acted towards Natasha. But then #5 flipped that all on its head and drove home the point instead that she does have friends she can trust who will be there when she needs them, and I loved that.
    Now they should try writing a book were the fact that she has friends is a given from the getgo
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Now they should try writing a book were the fact that she has friends is a given from the getgo
    To be fair, it's kinda hard to do that until Houser has laid the foundation, since Spencer, Rosenberg, and Soskas have all been pushing the "Nat is solo ALL THE TIME" button really hard for three years.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Give Name of the Rose another read now that we have some more recent arcs ... suprisingly stands up well, and may be my favorite take of her so far.

2E85D8B9-6B82-46ED-919C-33EFDFB0F526.jpg

B0946B86-74BA-4216-815B-58B9C108FF66.jpg
    Through Imus, Liu suggest Natasha is the true heart of the Avengers ... debatable but maybe so despite all the big hitters.
    Anyone care to way in?

5EB70E54-3829-4D26-AFC6-4A328A9C93E8.jpg
    Barnes has understood better than any paramour. No idea why editorial hasn’t seen the potential stories with them. Fleetingly brought to the fore by Brubaker in Winter Soldier only to crash and burn in his final arc, ugh. Liu gets their attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    To be fair, it's kinda hard to do that until Houser has laid the foundation, since Spencer, Rosenberg, and Soskas have all been pushing the "Nat is solo ALL THE TIME" button really hard for three years.
    Well now they have web of black widow. Might as well do something with it
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

I really hope that's what this is, the groundwork for Natasha to stop being treated as a loner and let her have friends again. I miss the days of her hitting the spa with JDrew, or just hanging with Clint while he plays stupid video games. That's my dream team right there, what I wouldn't give for a new Secret Avengers book with Nat and Clint leading the team together, and featuring Jess. Throw in Yelena and Maria as well. I've been wishing for this book for years.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Give Name of the Rose another read now that we have some more recent arcs ... suprisingly stands up well, and may be my favorite take of her so far.
    I mean, I've been saying this for years. I just picked Name of the Rose as one of my favorite comics of the last decade, so I think it's key.

You hit the nail on the head

I really hope that's what this is, the groundwork for Natasha to stop being treated as a loner and let her have friends again. I miss the days of her hitting the spa with JDrew, or just hanging with Clint while he plays stupid video games. That's my dream team right there, what I wouldn't give for a new Secret Avengers book with Nat and Clint leading the team together, and featuring Jess. Throw in Yelena and Maria as well. I've been wishing for this book for years.
    Well, I'd want Nat to be the main character. I don't really want another Avengers book, largely because I don't like Avengers books.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Isn't she supposed to be a major fixture of Aaron's Avengers team in the upcoming arc? Or maybe just for that arc.

As you know: I agree with you

My Twitter

That's my dream team right there, what I wouldn't give for a new Secret Avengers book with Nat and Clint leading the team together, and featuring Jess. Throw in Yelena and Maria as well. I've been wishing for this book for years.
    My Cap's team: Natasha, Clint, James, Bobbi and Sharon.

My team with "permission to kill": Natasha, James, Paladin, Wade and Logan.

Man, l really want a Secret Avengers series.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Those aren't super powers! Those are just "I am a comic book hero" powers! Except fir the healing/lifespan one.

I liked how the latest book ended, with Natasha choosing to trust her friends. The problem with miniseries after miniseries after miniseries is that you don't know what's going to stick and what won't, and for all we know, the next book she gets will have her starting from scratch again, but that's a worry for next time.

I thought it was interesting that one of the people she trusted with her problem was Matt Murdock in his civilian guise, but Daredevil wasn't one of the friends who showed up at the end. I suppose that, like Elektra, Natasha remembers Matt and Daredevil as if they're two different ex-boyfriends, but what does it mean that she apparently trusts Matt Murdock the lawyer more than she does Daredevil the superhero? Especially since most of their adventures together have been in costume. (Or maybe I'm overthinking things and she just doesn't have "Daredevil's" phone number, so she only knew how to get in touch with Matt?)

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I liked how the latest book ended, with Natasha choosing to trust her friends. The problem with miniseries after miniseries after miniseries is that you don't know what's going to stick and what won't, and for all we know, the next book she gets will have her starting from scratch again, but that's a worry for next time.

I thought it was interesting that one of the people she trusted with her problem was Matt Murdock in his civilian guise, but Daredevil wasn't one of the friends who showed up at the end. I suppose that, like Elektra, Natasha remembers Matt and Daredevil as if they're two different ex-boyfriends, but what does it mean that she apparently trusts Matt Murdock the lawyer more than she does Daredevil the superhero? Especially since most of their adventures together have been in costume. (Or maybe I'm overthinking things and she just doesn't have "Daredevil's" phone number, so she only knew how to get in touch with Matt?)
    That mind-wipe with the girlfriends still makes my headspin .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That mind-wipe with the girlfriends still makes my headspin .
    I hate all the memory issues Marvel gives their characters. Nat's memory wipe with Bucky in Winter Soldier, Spider-Man's mindwipe of the world (which is then undone in pieces over the next ten years) - it's all so stupid.

Natasha by Michael Golden.

michael golden BW.jpg