Page 24 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

I know l am alone here but that guy with mental powers was a disappointment and that scene showing Anna kicking Winter Soldier and Black Widow asses was pathetic.
    Last edited by Winterboy; 04-10-2020 at 09:08 AM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I personally enjoyed the Edmondson/Noto run a bit better, though the art is comparable in quality for me on both. But I'm biased against the constant Red Room stories, and I didn't think Waid/Samnee really said anything that interesting about the Red Room that Grayson/Rucka didn't already.
    I can understand that some people are tired of the Red Room stories. My issue with Edmondson's run is that it made Natasha look incompetent at times as she made some stupid mistakes. And that Last Days storyline really dragged it down in my opinion.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    I can understand that some people are tired of the Red Room stories. My issue with Edmondson's run is that it made Natasha look incompetent at times as she made some stupid mistakes. And that Last Days storyline really dragged it down in my opinion.
    Fair enough. I chose not to collect the Last Days storyline.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Just got into black widow. What are some good storylines to get into?

The MCU Broke Its Own Rules in Endgame - and It Could Affect Black Widow
    There's a seeming continuity era in Avengers: Infinity War. Although, it also might not be, and if so it could directly effect Black Widow.

https://www.cbr.com/the-mcu-broke-ru...t-black-widow/
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I'd always recommend Black Widow (2010) #1-5 "The Name of the Rose" by Marjorie Liu and Daniel Acuña

I'd always recommend Black Widow (2010) #1-5 "The Name of the Rose" by Marjorie Liu and Daniel Acuña
    Very much seconded. My favorite arc of an ongoing for Nat. I like many other issues or two-shots, but that's my favorite longer arc.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I read it this past weekend! That’s what made me interested in her. I’d like to see her interacting with other marvel heroes.

I read it this past weekend! That’s what made me interested in her. I’d like to see her interacting with other marvel heroes.
    Check out Warren Ellis's Secret Avengers arc, and Avengers Assemble issues 12-13. Really good interaction with other heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Check out Warren Ellis's Secret Avengers arc, and Avengers Assemble issues 12-13. Really good interaction with other heroes.
    Thank you! I’ll grab them!

The Edmonson/Noto run is one of my absolute favourites and has a decent amount of issues to get through.

As for character interactions: There is Widowmaker which is a Story where she shares the limelight with Mockingbird and Barton.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Avengers Anatomy: The 5 Weirdest Things About Black Widow's Body, Explained

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-anatomy...ody-explained/
    Interesting synopsis but I have to say Rosenberg’s heroic attempt at bringing her back after Spencer was through with her somewhat contradicts previous canon. Her longevity and peak performance shtick I get, and in general I’m ok with it. Explains Fury Sr so what the hell, right?

However, in comparison to Rosenberg’s clone story, one has to wonder why you’d actually feel the need for a clone program when you’ve got an amped up Widow anyway. If we at least glance at her publishing history not a lot of perceived need for clones, Natasha fended pretty well for herself. And secondly we never really, to my knowledge, adroitly found out if this amped up Widow serum thing translated to the new clone. Sure we got memories but her metabolism was another matter.

Be that as it may, it will be of no small surprise to any of you I found the retcon terribly distasteful, I prefer my Widow as the original, I’ll accept the amping as par for the course with all my faves as we all age, but not the clone thing. Didn’t work for me any mote than Remender’s Uncanny Avengers run retconning Wanda and Pietro who to this day I still consider mutants, prodigy of Magneto ... at least in my disturbed covid19 mind.

Now for heavens sake don’t let me start ranting about the lost opportunities of Nat and James, I’d go on forever.

Oh and Winterboy, anytime would be great to see you stick an avatar with Agent 13 and Nat .... a seemless partnership as brief as it was in the gulag arc. Thanks, bub!
    Last edited by tliscord; 04-16-2020 at 01:50 PM.