Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

One of my favorite team-ups ever. Every time i talk to Deodato i ask him to draw natasha and sharon again.
    sharon and natasha.jpg
    I loved Samnee drawing them too.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Oh and Winterboy, anytime would be great to see you stick an avatar with Agent 13 and Nat .... a seemless partnership as brief as it was in the gulag arc. Thanks, bub!
    It's done, my friend.
    In my defense, my computer is broken, so no photoshop or scanner, just just color pens and cell phone camera.
    Last edited by Winterboy; 04-17-2020 at 11:07 AM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    One of my favorite team-ups ever. Every time i talk to Deodato i ask him to draw natasha and sharon again.
    sharon and natasha.jpg
    I loved Samnee drawing them too.

It's done, my friend.
    In my defense, my computer is broken, so no photoshop or scanner, just just color pens and cell phone camera.
    That’s awesome. Thanks for the little gift during this terrible time! I know it’s not Xmas yet but if you could ask Deodato to give Brubaker a wring on the ol’ cell phone and plan out a limited series with them both .... wel I’d eat my N95!

... not really
    Last edited by tliscord; 04-17-2020 at 12:54 PM.

Oh man, this is my dream!

I'm almost every day on Cebulski's twitter asking for a Captain America maxi series written by Brubaker.
    Deodato has his hands full of new projects right now, but who knows someday?
    He loves Marvel!

That’s awesome. Thanks for the little gift during this terrible time!
    I need to fix my computer and install my photoshop again. As soon as I work on that I am going to draw an Agent 13 pinup for you.
    Last edited by Winterboy; 04-17-2020 at 02:14 PM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Just reread Name of the Rose .... wont break my heart if Liu writes it. Her last 3 pages quoting Tolstoy, might make for a good second movie!
    D04437B5-4CEA-4337-8987-CB9D21C71BA3.jpg03291219-822A-415E-9449-07616882754A.jpg4244C4C3-0422-4A15-9C22-844898B918C9.jpg

Acuna's art is gorgeous!

acuna.jpg

secret avengers.jpg

Snow mission.

It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on after our hearts break. Hearts always break, and so we bend with our hearts, and we sway. But in the end, what matters is that we loved and lived.

From Liu’s Name of the Rose. I believe it’s a quote from Tolstoy.

5E988A80-FA90-4C59-87E2-FF3E62D59477.jpg
    Ellis and Lark ... snow missions for sure

Speaking of artists, what are your favorite Natasha artists of all time?

Mine would be in no particular order:

John Romita sr. (for inventing Nat's definite look)
    George Perez (because he's George Perez)
    Daniel Acuna (maybe the best of the modern ones)
    Butch Guice (love it how he incorporated her ballet background into her fighting style and thus made it look the most elegant, also drew a beautiful face)

5E988A80-FA90-4C59-87E2-FF3E62D59477.jpg
    Ellis and Lark ... snow missions for sure
    You're hurting my feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Speaking of artists, what are your favorite Natasha artists of all time?

Mine would be in no particular order:

John Romita sr. (for inventing Nat's definite look)
    George Perez (because he's George Perez)
    Daniel Acuna (maybe the best of the modern ones)
    Butch Guice (love it how he incorporated her ballet background into her fighting style and thus made it look the most elegant, also drew a beautiful face)
    Really tough choice. I love your picks. As a contemporary to Romita Sr I’d have to add Gene Colan, but in the same breath there is a Bill Everett depiction that is iconic too. If you find it admire it because it’s amazing.

Guice I’d never bet against. One of my favorites. In my mind he’s the closest to Colan’s work which for me remains unassailable! I do think Lui and Acuna’s brief run wears well and is a modern day classic that is completely under appreciated.

Perez may be the only one of your list I take exception to, but no denying his work is legendary.

Finally I did enjoy Samnee’s take which is weird considering his more cartoonish rendition flies in the face of Gene Colan, but then again what do I know
    Last edited by tliscord; 04-18-2020 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    You're hurting my feelings.

I don’t know tough choice, brother. You’d give Lark a bit of a scare! Certainly would put me to utter shame.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Splash page from The Marvel Masterpieces Collection #4 (August, 1993). Art by Joe Jusko.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Splash page from The Marvel Masterpieces Collection #4 (August, 1993). Art by Joe Jusko.

Anyone know the first appearance of the gray suit and short hair? Certainly was a look! It may have been one of the runs by Miller in his DD, but I don’t know who came up with the design. I know she had it during Harris’ stint writing the Avengers.

Anyone know the first appearance of the gray suit and short hair? Certainly was a look! It may have been one of the runs by Miller in his DD, but I don’t know who came up with the design. I know she had it during Harris’ stint writing the Avengers.
    Good question.

My best bet is Miller's DD.

Or maybe Captain America's "Streets of Poison" or that graphic novel named "The Coldest War".

Fixed: Avengers #239.

https://xkmh.weebly.com/black-widow.html
    Last edited by Winterboy; 04-19-2020 at 11:16 AM.