Page 28 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Why wasn't this postponed when the movie was? It seems pretty silly, tying in to a movie that won't be out until November. In fact, I won't be surprised if anything gets spoiled by it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Speaking of artists, what are your favorite Natasha artists of all time?

Mine would be in no particular order:

John Romita sr. (for inventing Nat's definite look)
    George Perez (because he's George Perez)
    Daniel Acuna (maybe the best of the modern ones)
    Butch Guice (love it how he incorporated her ballet background into her fighting style and thus made it look the most elegant, also drew a beautiful face)
    Colan, Noto, Guice, and Maleev! I think Maleev was really good at making Natasha seem classy (which imo is a core and oft-overlooked part of her character). The couple of casual outfits he had her in are probably my favorite non-costumed looks for her. Edit: In Secret Avengers, not Daredevil.
    Last edited by responsarbre; 04-23-2020 at 01:13 AM.

Whatever happened to JG Jones from the 1999 BW miniseries introducing Yelena? I always forget to include his work which I thought was quite nice.
    AD212B74-EC3B-4081-9484-B1B7CBA1C9B6.jpg
    B353AD0D-9CD4-4E4B-A107-049E4678CA69.jpg

Oh yes, Maleev’s work on that one Secret Avengers issue singling out Natasha was outstanding. Definitely classy look to her.

I still really love Phil Noto's Natasha. Also, I fell completely in love with how Andrea Sorrentino drew her in Secret Empire. I find his rendition of her to be absolutely stunning, and that spread of her fighting Punisher is just gorgeous!

Really looking forward to seeing more of Elena Casagrande's art on the Black Widow book, as I'm impressed so far!

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Whatever happened to JG Jones from the 1999 BW miniseries introducing Yelena? I always forget to include his work which I thought was quite nice.
    AD212B74-EC3B-4081-9484-B1B7CBA1C9B6.jpg
    B353AD0D-9CD4-4E4B-A107-049E4678CA69.jpg

Oh yes, Maleev’s work on that one Secret Avengers issue singling out Natasha was outstanding. Definitely classy look to her.
    I see Jones as Yelena Belova's definitive artist butI'm not a big fan of his Nastasha. The same for Maleev, except for his work in Secret Avengers, of course.

And I need to fix my list.

Gene Colan
    Frank Miller (Natasha vs Bullseye)
    Jackson "Butch" Guice
    Goran Parlov & Bill Sienkiewicz
    Steve Epting
    Daniel Acuna
    Mike Deodato
    Michael Lark
    Last edited by Winterboy; 04-23-2020 at 11:23 AM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post

But giving credit where it's due -- look at Natasha being so acrobatic -- that's what I miss in her most recent books-- they lean too heavily into spycraft and don't feature enough of her in action.
    Yep.

and we need more scenes of Natasha on the rooftops!
    new costume.jpg

rooftop natasha.jpg

Astonishing Member

It's tough to swing from rooftops with a huge gun in tow! But i absolutely love seeing her do the same stuff Spider-Man can do -- without benefit of super powers.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    It's tough to swing from rooftops with a huge gun in tow!
    My bad, sorry.

rooftop natasha.jpg
    Last edited by Winterboy; 04-23-2020 at 01:58 PM.

I love Timm.

timm.jpg

Heads up, the first episode of Black Widow: Bad Blood (a new prose/audio Black Widow series on Serial Box) is up for those who preordered:

https://www.serialbox.com/episodes/s...al-black-widow

BW by Bryan Moon
    bryan mon BW.jpg

Natasha and Elektra by Mike Avon Oeming
    oeming BW and Elektra.jpg

twicemeeting

I really love Chris Samnee’s work. Some may have other opinions but i think they did a brilliant job.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by twicemeeting; 05-01-2020 at 03:50 AM.