Page 37 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    It's just such a brilliant contrast, it makes me so happy!

Cats seem pretty popular, Gambit has three of them as well. I love heroes having pets.

I did't get the limited release, but only a few more weeks to go! Current release date for issue #1 is September 2nd.
    Of course Natasha and Clint would pick different pets with contrasting names .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Of course Natasha and Clint would pick different pets with contrasting names .
    I mean in both instances the pets kinda picked them.
    Lucky saved Clint and Nat's cat just refused to go away.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Did anyone else manage to snag the limited release issues of Black Widow #1 a few months back?
    I got one.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

anybody else buy the Black Widow coffee table book? I found one at deep discount at this retail store called Ollie's.
    I haven't been through the whole thing yet but it has a lot of artwork from over the decades and essays from different creatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    anybody else buy the Black Widow coffee table book? I found one at deep discount at this retail store called Ollie's.
    I haven't been through the whole thing yet but it has a lot of artwork from over the decades and essays from different creatives.
    Didn't know it existed!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    It's just such a brilliant contrast, it makes me so happy!

Cats seem pretty popular, Gambit has three of them as well. I love heroes having pets.
    I've joked with a friend that my ideal cracky dumb comic one-shot would involve some villain doing something to the world's cats, and Natasha, Bucky, Gambit, and Carol Danvers end up on the case.

'Black Widow' Will Help Marvel Fans Understand Why Natasha Sacrificed Herself in 'Avengers: Endgame'
    https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...-endgame.html/

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Didn't know it existed!
    It's this book:
    https://www.amazon.com/Marvels-Black...H4NWQE7R4JJ6WX

Looks like it was published in 2017; before the final two Avengers films, of course.

Astonishing Member

Maybe it's just me but I shipped Hawkeye x Black Widow so hard in the MCU after Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    It's this book:
    https://www.amazon.com/Marvels-Black...H4NWQE7R4JJ6WX

Looks like it was published in 2017; before the final two Avengers films, of course.
    Thanks Bud!

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    'Black Widow' Will Help Marvel Fans Understand Why Natasha Sacrificed Herself in 'Avengers: Endgame'
    https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...-endgame.html/
    I wish the producers/writers/actors/whatever would stop trying to justify what happened with Natasha in Endgame. If they think that it was a good decision, fine, but they're not going to convince anyone who's already made up their mind. When I look at the scene on Vormir, my brain interprets it as the narrative saying that the lives of people with children are objectively more valuable than the lives of people without children. And Tony get a funeral but not Natasha...well, I don't know exactly how to interpret that, but they're not going to convince me that Natasha didn't need a funeral just by virtue of the simple fact that she was a human being who died. That she died saving the world is just extra.

I know that both of these points are subject to interpretation. I know that there are fans of the character who see it differently. But the fact that people employed by Marvel Studios keep repeating the party line over and over is not going to change any minds, and it's annoying that they keep doing it. We're still going to see the movie, we're still going to watch future MCU projects that sound interesting to us. Just let us keep our opinions, man.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I don't need a comic to explain the movie characters actions.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I don't need a comic to explain the movie characters actions.
    The article is about the solo film, not the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I wish the producers/writers/actors/whatever would stop trying to justify what happened with Natasha in Endgame. If they think that it was a good decision, fine, but they're not going to convince anyone who's already made up their mind. When I look at the scene on Vormir, my brain interprets it as the narrative saying that the lives of people with children are objectively more valuable than the lives of people without children. And Tony get a funeral but not Natasha...well, I don't know exactly how to interpret that, but they're not going to convince me that Natasha didn't need a funeral just by virtue of the simple fact that she was a human being who died. That she died saving the world is just extra.

I know that both of these points are subject to interpretation. I know that there are fans of the character who see it differently. But the fact that people employed by Marvel Studios keep repeating the party line over and over is not going to change any minds, and it's annoying that they keep doing it. We're still going to see the movie, we're still going to watch future MCU projects that sound interesting to us. Just let us keep our opinions, man.
    I don't think it helped that they killed off the only female founder, had the male members all agonize over her death, and left out said female founder in the big "Girl Power" scene with the other female heroes.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think it helped that they killed off the only female founder, had the male members all agonize over her death, and left out said female founder in the big "Girl Power" scene with the other female heroes.
    Not to mention, on the 'rescue the gems mission', the female characters were the only ones who died or were kidnapped. All the dudes made it back just fine.