Page 38 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I shipped Hawkeye x Black Widow so hard in the MCU after Avengers.
    Not just you, I still ship them them ridiculously hard. IDGAF about canon. I also shipped them before the The Avengers though in other universes, so nothing's gonna stop me! hehe

Man, I totally agree about all the Endgame talk. The way they keep talking in these interviews about how her solo film is supposed to somehow explain stuff that shouldn't need to be explained leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. Endgame happened, we're stuck with it, and trying to justify it after the fact because they saw all the backlash is just tiresome. Let people feel things, let them have their opinions. No matter what they do in the solo film it's not going to change my feelings about Endgame, nor how the MCU has treated its female characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think it helped that they killed off the only female founder, had the male members all agonize over her death, and left out said female founder in the big "Girl Power" scene with the other female heroes.
    The problem was that with her being featured heavily in Infinity War and Clint not showing up to begin with, there was no doubt in my mind who was gonna die as a sacrifice in Endgame.

That said I don't think the movie is saying the character without a family is worth less than the family man but that's her train if thought here which is, given her comments in Age if Ultron, sadly in line with her characterisation. That doesn't need any further explanation in her solo film I feel.

Personally I think the Russo's were mostly looking for someone whose death would have the biggest impact on the other person there. For that you need people who are close and with Vanda/Vision out of that equation Clint/Nat and Buck/Steve would have been the only viable options.
    I guess Rhodey/Tony would have worked too but these never seemed quite as close as the aforementioned dynamic duos.

I still like the movie a lot, there were a ridiculous number of subplots to bring to a conclusion and I feel they nailed most of them but yeah it's a shame this one isn't necessarily one of them even as a fan of heroic death scenes. It probably should have been someone else.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I guess at least they mercifully didn't focus much on the Bruce relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess at least they mercifully didn't focus much on the Bruce relationship.
    I think everyone is still trying to forget that happened
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I think everyone is still trying to forget that happened
    Hard same .

From the solicits:

CAPTAIN AMERICA #25
    TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • LEONARD KIRK (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
    CAPTAIN AMERICA PHOENIX VARIANT COVER BY SALVADOR LAROCA
    CAPTAIN AMERICA NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE TRIBUTE VARIANT COVER BY JEFFREY VEREGGE
    To rescue the Daughters of Liberty trapped in Madripoor, Captain America and his closest allies marshal their forces – but waiting in the wings for them is the reborn Red Skull! Plus, the debut of the all-new Agent 13!
    PLUS: A second celebratory story by Michael Cho!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

Natasha is on the cover

WIDOWMAKERS: RED GUARDIAN AND YELENA BELOVA #1
    DEVIN GRAYSON (W) • Michele Bandini (A) Cover by MIKE MCKONE
    VARIANT COVER BY INHYUK LEE –
    FEB200834
    VARIANT COVER BY JUNGGEUN YOON –
    FEB200835
    MCU VARIANT COVER BY CHRIS SAMNEE
    BLACK WIDOW NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE
    TRIBUTE VARIANT COVER BY JEFFREY VEREGGE
    Devin Grayson, one of the creators of Yelena Belova — the Red Room recruit who once nearly killed Natasha Romanoff — returns with a brand–new story drawn by rising star Michele Bandini! Yelena has spent years trying to figure out who she is. Once she thought the Black Widow mantle was her destiny, but fate had other plans. Now the past is catching up with her — and with Alexi Shostakov, a.k.a. the Red Guardian! Alexi has worn many titles, including husband to Natasha, but while the Widow played her avenging games, the Red Guardian waited in the shadows. Now a new day is dawning — and this time, no one will stand in his way.
    40 PGS./ONE–SHOT/ Rated T …$4.99
    ORDER USING FEB200833

BLACK WIDOW #3
    KELLY THOMPSON (W) • ELENA CASAGRANDE (A) • Cover by ADAM HUGHES
    Variant cover by ANNIE WU – APR200952
    MCU VARIANT COVER BY PATRICK BROWN
    WHITE…WIDOW?!
    Nobody who knows Natasha Romanoff would have imagined THIS when hearing the words “White Widow,” but nothing about this new Nat is what anyone could have imagined. It’s no surprise that she’s looking sublime in white, but who’s the lucky groom? And is this a match for love…or death?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    ORDER USING APR200951

MARVEL #2 (Of 6)
    ALEX ROSS, DAN BRERETON, STEVE DARNALL, PAOLO RIVERA & ERIC POWELL (W)
    ALEX ROSS, ERIC POWELL, PAOLO RIVERA & DAN BRERETON (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    Variant Cover by DAN BRERETON – FEB200898
    Another artist extravaganza overseen by the master; Alex Ross! In this issue, the X–Men old and new grapple with the swelling of their ranks in a story by Dan Brereton, the Thing, Spider–Man and Doctor Doom contend for the most coveted object on the planet in a tale by Eric Powell, and the Vision pushes himself to the limit in order to save a life in an adventure by Paolo Rivera! All wrapped in a framing sequence painted by Alex and scripted by Steve Darnall!
    40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99
    ORDER USING FEB200897

Silver Age Black Widow on the cover.

TRUE BELIEVERS: KING IN BLACK — VALKYRIE #
    Reprinting Avengers (1963)# 83
    32 PGS./ Rated T ...$1.00

Natasha was a Lady Liberator.

AVENGERS: THE GATHERING OMNIBUS HC EPTING SERSI & THE AVENGERS COVER
    Written by BOB HARRAS, LEN KAMINSKI, GLENN HERDLING, ROY THOMAS, FABIAN NICIEZA, SCOTT LOBDELL, BEN RAAB & MORE
    Penciled by STEVE EPTING, KIRK JARVINEN, KEVIN WEST, MC WYMAN, GORDON PURCELL, MIKE GUSTOVICH, JIM HALL, GEOF ISHERWOOD, ANDY KUBERT, DAVE ROSS, JOHN ROMITA JR., JIM CHEUNG & MORE
    COVERS BY STEVE EPTING & TOM PALMER
    One of the most shocking stories in Avengers history! When the Swordsman returns from the dead with the mysterious Magdalene by his side, a sprawling saga begins — and at its heart stands the shadowy Proctor! What is his great secret? Who are his mysterious Gatherers? And what do they want with the Vision, the Black Knight and the Eternal known as Sersi? Meanwhile, the Avengers deal with Kree terrorists, the Legion of the Unliving and a traitor in their midst — as the Black Knight finds himself torn between Sersi and his teammate Crystal! And can the X-Men help the Avengers stop a mutant/human civil war before Proctor begins his final gathering? Collecting AVENGERS (1963) #343-344 and #348-375, AVENGERS ANNUAL #22, AVENGERS STRIKEFILE, X-MEN (1991) #26, AVENGERS WEST COAST #101, UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) #307, BLACK KNIGHT: EXODUS and AVENGERS ANNIVERSARY MAGAZINE.
    1152 PGS./Rated T …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92649-6
    Trim size: 7-1/4 x 10-7/8

Natasha lead the Avengers at that time.
    Last edited by Witchfan; 08-20-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    The problem was that with her being featured heavily in Infinity War and Clint not showing up to begin with, there was no doubt in my mind who was gonna die as a sacrifice in Endgame.
    Don't think I can agree that she was featured heavily in Infinity War, as an OG Avenger she had less screen time than secondary characters like Mantis or Vision and she barely did anything of note except fighting Proxima Midnight alongside Okoye. That's why I'm so disappointed with the Russos who claimed that those Avengers who came short in Infinity War would have very prominent roles in Endgame, guess that didn't include Natasha who they just killed off before the third act started.

But of course it's more than Clint who wasn't in it at all. Let's just say they both showed up barely at best in Infinity War.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Don't think I can agree that she was featured heavily in Infinity War, as an OG Avenger she had less screen time than secondary characters like Mantis or Vision and she barely did anything of note except fighting Proxima Midnight alongside Okoye. That's why I'm so disappointed with the Russos who claimed that those Avengers who came short in Infinity War would have very prominent roles in Endgame, guess that didn't include Natasha who they just killed off before the third act started.

But of course it's more than Clint who wasn't in it at all. Let's just say they both showed up barely at best in Infinity War.
    Well, fair.

But if we are being honest the only one who got REALLY heavily featured was Thanos ;D

My Twitter

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

So the #1 coming out shortly, is that just the wide distribution that should've happened back in April?
    If I got that #1, I have the story and am really just waiting on issue #2 still, right?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So the #1 coming out shortly, is that just the wide distribution that should've happened back in April?
    If I got that #1, I have the story and am really just waiting on issue #2 still, right?
    I thought the limited April release was only part of the actual issue #1.
    But I could be wrong.

My Twitter

Pretty sure it's the full issue. Even Kelly Thompson was surprised when people told her they'd managed to pick up the issue as I don't think they were really meant to be sold. Not sure if there will be different covers or not, but pretty sure it's the same #1.

I stand corrected then.

My Twitter

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Kelly Thompson and friends. if you're reading this give Natasha back her full gloves

Another preview with a couple extra pages:

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/FEB200823