Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Black Widow Star Reveals New Details About Red Guardian's Connection to Natasha

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/bl...n-connections/
    I cannot even begin to explain how weird I find it that they took Natasha's ex-husband and made him into her father figure. Could they not just have used Ivan?

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I cannot even begin to explain how weird I find it that they took Natasha's ex-husband and made him into her father figure. Could they not just have used Ivan?
    Yeah it's a bit strange ain't it?
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Yeah it's a bit strange ain't it?
    It's like how Marvel Future Fight has a character called Sharon Rogers who's supposed to be the child of Steve and Peggy. Can we please not turn people's lovers into their parents, even in alternate universes?

Now that I think about it, Endgame named Ivan as Natasha's literal father, so I guess they couldn't use him for this role, but they could have used someone else. A previously unused version of Crimson Dynamo. One of the Supreme Soviets. Ursa Major, even. Who wouldn't want to see a talking bear in a spy movie?

It's like how Marvel Future Fight has a character called Sharon Rogers who's supposed to be the child of Steve and Peggy. Can we please not turn people's lovers into their parents, even in alternate universes?

Now that I think about it, Endgame named Ivan as Natasha's literal father, so I guess they couldn't use him for this role, but they could have used someone else. A previously unused version of Crimson Dynamo. One of the Supreme Soviets. Ursa Major, even. Who wouldn't want to see a talking bear in a spy movie?
    I'm glad I'm not the only one super weirded out by this. It was weird when Future Fight did it, and it's even worse with Alexei since it's more mainstream. It's strange for comic readers going to see the movie, but imagine a movie goer deciding to read some comics after watching the film and expecting this familial connection and finding out they were married instead. It's just... such an odd choice. I know, alternate universe and all, but still.

It kind of sounds like they've rolled Alexei and Ivan into one character.

Let's hope the comics don't try to synergize this.

I wonder if it was partially so there wasn't any overt or even acknowledged romance for Natasha in the movie.

Wasn't it teased a long while back that Mason was supposed to be like a former flame or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    Wasn't it teased a long while back that Mason was supposed to be like a former flame or something?
    I heard the same rumor. And is this Mason guy supposed to be the MCU Taskmaster?

It's funny, I couldn't care less about the change for Alexei but am pretty puzzled about them making Iron Maiden her mother figure, something that doesn't seem to bother anyone else here.

By the way, as it was discussed recently on here in the community: In the same book where the interview with Harbour stems from there is also an interview with Scarlett in which she confirmes that the movie will explain the Budapest reference.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

I heard the same rumor. And is this Mason guy supposed to be the MCU Taskmaster?
    They've barely talked about his character at all and he even joked in an interview about people thinking he's Taskmaster without outright denying it, so it seems likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    It's funny, I couldn't care less about the change for Alexei but am pretty puzzled about them making Iron Maiden her mother figure, something that doesn't seem to bother anyone else here.

By the way, as it was discussed recently on here in the community: In the same book where the interview with Harbour stems from there is also an interview with Scarlett in which she confirmes that the movie will explain the Budapest reference.
    So...surprise Jeremy Renner appearance?

I've had the same thoughts about Taskmaster. It just seems weird that we know absolutely nothing about this Mason character so it seems likely that he's Taskmaster, but at the same time feels a bit too obvious. I dunno.

And I'm all for a Clint appearance, I just really hope it's only a glimpse of Budapest that doesn't fully explain the reference and completely ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Let's hope the comics don't try to synergize this.
    Big yikes. ��

Well that's mostly because I actually have no idea who she is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So...surprise Jeremy Renner appearance?
    I consider that a given honestly. Even if it's just a short flashback or something. They are basically two sides of the same medal in the MCU.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Nat is in today's Taskmaster #1 (as was to be expected) and she's pretty badass. The book is real fun, I'll definitely pick up the next issues although I doubt there'll be much more of Nat but I love the humorous take on Tasky. Too bad that the movie presumably won't depict him that way.

Continuity is really all over the place now though. It's a similar issue with Clint in Nat's book after Freefall's ending.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Nat is in today's Taskmaster #1 (as was to be expected) and she's pretty badass. The book is real fun, I'll definitely pick up the next issues although I doubt there'll be much more of Nat but I love the humorous take on Tasky. Too bad that the movie presumably won't depict him that way.

Continuity is really all over the place now though. It's a similar issue with Clint in Nat's book after Freefall's ending.
    Loved!

taskmaster 1.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    That version of the Outfit has got some serious leather jacket vibes going. Love it.

My Twitter