Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657585960 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    The feelings are kinda of fake too, that wasnt herself. Of course that the kid is her son, so that is different, I think really deep buried she always wanted to be a mother or at least not have been sterilized
    I think Natasha has a lot of unresolved feelings around being a mother given her history, the life she lives, and what happened to her last baby.

The feelings are kinda of fake too, that wasnt herself. Of course that the kid is her son, so that is different, I think really deep buried she always wanted to be a mother or at least not have been sterilized
    Isn't the sterilisation a movies-only thing? I mean I can think of at least two children from the future storylines where she had been the mother.
    Katie Barton and whatever her other child from the future was called.

Sure both are from futures that aren't the 616 universe but were clearly ment to resemble it.

Also I don't think her feelings were (or are, let's be real he ain't dead till we see a corpse) necessarily fake even when her memories were. That's not how humans work.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Isn't the sterilisation a movies-only thing? I mean I can think of at least two children from the future storylines where she had been the mother.

Sure both are from futures that aren't the 616 universe but were clearly ment to resemble it.

Also I don't think her feelings were (or are, let's be real he ain't dead till we see a corpse) necessarily fake even when her memories were. That's not how humans work.
    I think there was comic precedent for the sterilization but not from a popular story. I could be wrong.

The Liu run established she had given birth but the baby was stillborn, as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think there was comic precedent for the sterilization but not from a popular story. I could be wrong.

The Liu run established she had given birth but the baby was stillborn, as I recall.
    It was in the Morgan run but it technically wasn't a sterilization. They described it as a side effect of the Red Room treatment that prolonged her lifespan. Her body would see a fetus as a "disease" and kill it off the same way it would kill off a virus (Natasha can't get ill due to the treatment).

As I remember it Liu's run implies that she became a Red Room graduate after World War II and her miscarriage so it doesn't contradict Morgan's origin story, but of course it contradicts other stories that depict Natasha as a young girl in the Red Room. Natasha's origin story is pretty convoluted.
    Last edited by chicago_bastard; 12-06-2020 at 11:35 AM.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    It was in the Morgan run but it technically wasn't a sterilization. They described it as a side effect of the Red Room treatment that prolonged her lifespan. Her body would see a fetus as a "disease" and kill it off the same way it would kill off a virus (Natasha can't get ill due to the treatment).

As I remember it Liu's run implies that she became a Red Room graduate after World War II and her miscarriage so it doesn't contradict Morgan's origin story, but of course it contradicts other stories that depict Natasha as a young girl in the Red Room. Natasha's origin story is pretty convoluted.
    Was she depicted as being in the Red Room when she first met Cap and Wolverine as a child? Or was that distinctly before?

Was she depicted as being in the Red Room when she first met Cap and Wolverine as a child? Or was that distinctly before?
    I don't remember that story well but it was written in the early 90s and I think the Red Room wasn't introduced until the 1999 mini where Yelena first appeared, so I guess the Red Room wasn't a thing in Claremont's story. Good thing is I own the Deadly Origin mini that tries to sort that confusing mess of an origin out, now I'm in the mood to read it again.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    I don't remember that story well but it was written in the early 90s and I think the Red Room wasn't introduced until the 1999 mini where Yelena first appeared, so I guess the Red Room wasn't a thing in Claremont's story. Good thing is I own the Deadly Origin mini that tries to sort that confusing mess of an origin out, now I'm in the mood to read it again.
    The Red Room wasn't a thing, but the Claremont story did have whatshisname Romanoff having on and off custody of her, and I think later stories tied him to the Red Room, or at least had him giving her to the Red Room. Putting all the different stories together, I get the impression that she was in and out of the Red Room as a kid, then she had her wartime marriage to Nikolai and miscarriage at like 18 or so, then went back to the Red Room after the war, when they started the hormone treatments.

Theoretically, she could carry a pregnancy, if she went on immunosuppressants, but she's mentioned not liking/wanting kids before, and she's been around for so long that if she had a desire to settle down and raise a kid, we probably would have seen it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    The Red Room wasn't a thing, but the Claremont story did have whatshisname Romanoff having on and off custody of her, and I think later stories tied him to the Red Room, or at least had him giving her to the Red Room. Putting all the different stories together, I get the impression that she was in and out of the Red Room as a kid, then she had her wartime marriage to Nikolai and miscarriage at like 18 or so, then went back to the Red Room after the war, when they started the hormone treatments.

Theoretically, she could carry a pregnancy, if she went on immunosuppressants, but she's mentioned not liking/wanting kids before, and she's been around for so long that if she had a desire to settle down and raise a kid, we probably would have seen it by now.
    I guess the Red Room could've sent their charges in as normal soldiers when needed by the Russian government.

I wonder if Bucky was before or after all of that.

I mean to be fair so did Jess.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

BANNED

Her memories were fake, her persona was fake, the guy must be a fake too. It wasn't real, she still loves him because she discovered it 5 minutes ago. There still a lot of work to do to convince they are true love.

Of course the kid is real because the kid wasnt a fake and it is bind by blood.

It is one of my problems, this remembers me so much of Jess Drew story.

I think this explains the future kids. I always thought they were done artificially like stevier or with help of another woman.
    Last edited by baxer; 12-06-2020 at 05:16 PM.

And she hadn't even given birth before .

If she really wanted a kid, she does know the smartest people with the best tech in the world, along with others who can do magic, so I'm sure they could help her out. That's what I figure happened in the future Captain Marvel story, since it seemed there was a time of peace where many of the remaining heroes settled down and had families, Natasha being among them.
    Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 8.58.42 PM.jpg

Her memories were fake, her persona was fake, the guy must be a fake too. It wasn't real, she still loves him because she discovered it 5 minutes ago. There still a lot of work to do to convince they are true love.

Of course the kid is real because the kid wasnt a fake and it is bind by blood.
    She shares a deeper connection with him than some couples I know whether that's based on a lie or not is another matter entirely.

But I don't think she'd necessarily stay with the man even if her life would allow it, I mean we know that she felt something was missing from her so called perfect life.
    Hell I certainly wouldn't want her to.
    I just don't see her snapping her fingers and being done with all of this and/or him.

Personally I'd love him to be A) alive and B) in on this whole deal anyway. Would make for an immensly evil twist and make him one of her top Villains by default buuuut I doubt it will happen.

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    If she really wanted a kid, she does know the smartest people with the best tech in the world, along with others who can do magic, so I'm sure they could help her out. That's what I figure happened in the future Captain Marvel story, since it seemed there was a time of peace where many of the remaining heroes settled down and had families, Natasha being among them.
    Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 8.58.42 PM.jpg
    Them showing off their kids with Clint there is kind of weird when he's slept with both of them .

I wonder if her and Bucky's kid would have red hair.

Them showing off their kids with Clint there is kind of weird when he's slept with both of them .

I wonder if her and Bucky's kid would have red hair.
    I love that Katie does. Looks like her mom, but with her dad's skills. One of the few good things to come out of 2020 for me! lol
    Katie Barton.jpg
    Katie aiming.jpg