Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    There's a Peter/Natasha story in Symbiote Spider-Man, if l am not mistaken.
    Earth-616 Spider-Man and Black Widow ongoing adventures in the same manner as Spider-Man & Deadpool...

Last edited by Darthfury78; 01-18-2020 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    What are the powers of the Stark Armor that she is using currently?
    Basically the same as War Machine.

New ONGOING!
    https://uk.ign.com/articles/black-wi...-yelena-belova

Bestselling Eisner-nominated writer Kelly Thompson (CAPTAIN MARVEL; DEADPOOL) and rising star artist Elena Casagrande (CATWOMAN) launch a new BLACK WIDOW series that changes everything! Natasha Romanoff has been a spy almost as long as she’s been alive. And she’s never stopped running, whether she was working for the good guys…or the bad. But Natasha’s world is about to be upended. Beyond San Francisco’s Golden Gate lies a mystery that only the Marvel Universe’s greatest spy can solve. Don’t miss the heartbreaking thrill ride of 2020!
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-20-2020 at 08:18 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Does this mean that Natasha is having two self-titled books with new content in April? Nice!

I'm looking forward to seeing how Kelly writes her. She's got the range, having written both Kate Bishop and Jessica Jones, who are very different characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    What would be cool to read is a Spider-Man & Black Widow team-up adventure. Long overdue. Long ignored by Marvel writers.

There was a team up in of all places Marvel Team-Up. It started with #82 and went 4 issues. It's a must read.

They had other team-ups in this comic as well but this was the best.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

New ONGOING!
    Oooh, that's very good news. Of all the writers around, I'm very happy to hear Thompson is getting Nat, as I really liked her Rogue and Gambit series and her Jessica Jones series, since those two show I think she can handle history and a darker tone, both of which I think Nat needs to succeed.

Oh, man, this interview is great. Thompson says she wants to move away from the Red Room as the center of Nat's stories. It's like she reads these forums (she does, actually, sometimes ). The series looking forward, not backwards! Amazing!

This really seems like a passion project for Thompson, and I'm really glad - I want someone on Nat who has wanted to tell as Black Widow story, and has developed their skills as Thompson has. Now we just need to buy it so we can get two or more years out of it!
    Last edited by millernumber1; 01-20-2020 at 08:43 AM.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Its funny how in the trailer they once again tried to sell it with "she's haunted by her past" hahah but I do look forward to this.
    It's no secret that I like Kelly's work and I am now gonna read that interview that was linked.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

The villain group she mentions has piqued my interest. A few are classic BW enemies, so I'm hoping for Iron Maiden or Black Lotus.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Its funny how in the trailer they once again tried to sell it with "she's haunted by her past" hahah but I do look forward to this.
    It's no secret that I like Kelly's work and I am now gonna read that interview that was linked.
    They seem to refer to villains from her past and not the Red Room though.

Always thought it was a missed opportunity that they didn't make Viper a recurrent villain for Natasha so I'm happy she'll be in this one. Not that much for Red Guardian but as he's in the movie they had to shove him in apparently. Snapdragon should be fun, I like that classic story she was in. Weeping Lion is okay I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

New ONGOING!
    Seems like Thompson is becoming Marvel's go-to for relaunching their high profile female heroes, especially when they haven't had the best selling history in terms of ongoings. She's been able to make Carol Danvers a seller again, so why not Black Widow?

I wonder if the cover by Adam Hughes is indicative that we're going back to the classic look. I'd have to think they'd use the Samnee design in the first major promotion for the book.

I'm sure everyone is happy about moving forward instead of dwelling on the Red Room for the umpteenth time. I'm kind of surprised Yelena and Red Guardian will be in it, not because of movie synergy, but because they've already got their own comic coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seems like Thompson is becoming Marvel's go-to for relaunching their high profile female heroes, especially when they haven't had the best selling history in terms of ongoings. She's been able to make Carol Danvers a seller again, so why not Black Widow?

I wonder if the cover by Adam Hughes is indicative that we're going back to the classic look. I'd have to think they'd use the Samnee design in the first major promotion for the book.

I'm sure everyone is happy about moving forward instead of dwelling on the Red Room for the umpteenth time. I'm kind of surprised Yelena and Red Guardian will be in it, not because of movie synergy, but because they've already got their own comic coming out.
    Better Thompson than the last two creative teams. I may have liked Houser's last issue a lot, but the other four were more than a little draggy. Is Carol selling decently again under Thompson?

I can't actually really tell the difference between the Samnee design and what Hughes has done here.

Yelena and Red Guardian only having a one shot means that they're open for an ongoing, and I like the idea of continuing to give Nat more ongoing supporting characters.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

1-2 punch of movie and thompson

Not even close to my favorite creative teams but this is better than nothing.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Is Carol selling decently again under Thompson?
    Yes
    I can't actually really tell the difference between the Samnee design and what Hughes has done here.
    The Samnee design has a different belt and shorter hair, as well as no zipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Not even close to my favorite creative teams but this is better than nothing.
    I mean...I feel like it's a better creative team than we've gotten for at least two miniseries and a one shot!

Yes

The Samnee design has a different belt and shorter hair, as well as no zipper.
    Hmm. I feel like you'd need to really change her look to make me notice. It's all black on black with red belt buckle to me