Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Either way, happy to see the Twins are completely gone from contemporary DC comics now that their Mini-turned-Maxi series had ended.
    J.D., did you mean to say the Twins "aren't" completely gone? LOL

The 11th issue of the Maxi series is out on the 22nd of this month, and the last issue is out sometime in February.

I purchased 4 copies of the TPB of the first 6 issues, and gave three of them out as gifts. One of them was to a woman on my bowling league, who remembered Zan & Jayna from the Super Friends cartoon. When I saw her tonight, I asked her if she read the book, she said she only got it back tonight. Her son took it from her to read, took it to school to show his friends, and when she saw him on his computer, he had used one of variant covers as his new computer background.

Looks like Zan and Jayna have a new fan.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I think I read "Dick" and "Jayne" had purple hair.
    It wouldn't surprise me. I can't find it now, but I do remember an animation cel of the Super Friends, and Zan & Jayna had purple hair.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Always thought it was strange that the wonder twins had nothing to do with Wonder Woman

Did you guys watch the Crisis crossover?
    spoilers:
    Gleek showed up!
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Always thought it was strange that the wonder twins had nothing to do with Wonder Woman

Other than sharing the word "wonder" in their code names, there really isn't a connection for them, other than she was a teacher to them in Super Friends. She was an Amazon warrior, and they were shape-shifting aliens from Exxor.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Did you guys watch the Crisis crossover?
    spoilers:
    Gleek showed up!
    end of spoilers

I didn't see it, but I saw the ending on YouTube tonight. I loved it, and....

spoilers:
    I hope that the fact that Gleek was there means that it's possible that we'll see a Wonder Twins guest spot or recurring appearances on future shows!
    end of spoilers

Crisis: Super Friends' Wonder Twins Were In Early Scripts

by Colin Hickson – on Jan 17, 2020 in TV, TV News

At the very end of the Arrowverse's "Crisis on Infinite Earths" crossover, fans were given an unexpected surprise. Not long after the heroes present for the late Oliver Queen's memorial service -- The Flash, Supergirl, Batwoman, Superman, White Canary, Black Lightning and Martian Manhunter -- gathered at the table The Flash presented to them, they heard what sounded like a monkey.

The next scene revealed an open cage with the name "Gleek" on it, hinting at the presence of both the silly space monkey and his owners Zan and Jayna, aka the Wonder Twins from Super Friends. Now, "Crisis" showrunner Marc Guggenheim has confirmed Zan and Jayna actually were in early scripts for the crossover.

https://www.cbr.com/crisis-on-infini...early-scripts/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    As a kid, reading Invaders for the first time, I saw that the Sub-Mariner was flying with those tiny little wings on his ankles, and they kept drawing Captain America leaping down onto people, or leaping through the air at people, and I just knew that he was able to fly with those tiny little wings on his head...

I still believed in Santa Claus, at the time.

Wonder Twins #11 is out, but I haven't had the chance to read it yet. I'll get to it tomorrow.

I'm hoping for redemption for both Filo and Poly Math.

When the TPB of the first 6 issues were released, I got 4 copies, one for me, and three to use as gifts. One of the books went to a woman on my bowling league. When she came in last week to bowl, she pulled out her phone, and she showed me a pic of her early-teen son reading the Wonder Twins - Activate book I gave her. She told me he loved it, and took it to school to show it to his friends.

When he came home, he went on his computer, and used this as his new wallpaper.

Mighty Member

I personally mix them always up with Wendy and Marvin...
    I dont know why, probably, because of their dog, which is called WONDER DOG and because they are also twins...

Who is the guy in the picture with Naomi, who asks Naomi which earth does she come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    I personally mix them always up with Wendy and Marvin...
    I dont know why, probably, because of their dog, which is called WONDER DOG and because they are also twins...

Who is the guy in the picture with Naomi, who asks Naomi which earth does she come from?

I've heard of other people confusing Wendy and Marvin with Zan and Jayna. I think because they only appeared in the first season of Super Friends (and the first 9 issues of the comic book) people tend to forget them.

As for the guy in the pic with Naomi, that's Dr. Ray Palmer. If memory serves me correctly, he's The Atom in DC Comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Wonder Twins #11 is out, but I haven't had the chance to read it yet. I'll get to it tomorrow.

I'm hoping for redemption for both Filo and Poly Math.

When the TPB of the first 6 issues were released, I got 4 copies, one for me, and three to use as gifts. One of the books went to a woman on my bowling league. When she came in last week to bowl, she pulled out her phone, and she showed me a pic of her early-teen son reading the Wonder Twins - Activate book I gave her. She told me he loved it, and took it to school to show it to his friends.

When he came home, he went on his computer, and used this as his new wallpaper.

That really cool, and sweet, too.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    That really cool, and sweet, too.
    Yeah, it's nice to see Zan and Jayna catching on with younger readers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Yeah, it's nice to see Zan and Jayna catching on with younger readers.
    Agreed.

Wonder Twins #11 gave me what I wanted to see, somewhat.

Poly and Filo Math were able to stop the computer program that Filo created back in the 80s. They had a little assist from Zan & Jayna, but in this issue the twins really didn't do too much.

This month (February) is the release of the last issue of the maxi-series. According to what I've seen on line, the issue is called 'Consequences', and a brief synopsis reads as follows:

The world is saved again! But now Zan and Jayna must answer to the Justice League for the choices they made in order to save it. Meanwhile, the League of Annoyance is back in action, and Cell Phone Sylvia will do whatever it takes to get her revenge on the twins-but they might get a little help from an unexpected ally! The critically acclaimed series ends here-don't miss it!

My own personal note, I'm hoping that we see that Filo and Poly are not charged in any way with more crimes, and that Zan & Jayna are not asked to leave Earth. Not sure that would happen, as Zan & Jayna have appeared in Action Comics and Young Justice now, so to work at incorporating them into the DCU, only to get rid of them, doesn't make sense to me.

This was a solicit of the cover, it's in Shops: Feb 19, 2020.