Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Any news on the blue marvel appearance front?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I sometimes wonder how upset would Luke Cage fans be if Grevioux had given Adam the superhero name Power Man. I realize Luke took the name from Josten, and I guess Alvarez uses the name as well now, but the moniker fits Adam perfectly. Ewing could have worked in a side story where Luke confesses that the reason why he took the name was because of a legendary Black hero who had the same name. A hero that his father always talked about when he was younger. Luke wanted to honor both his father and that legendary hero by taking the name and continuing the tradition. Whether it's 1960 AD or 3460 AD, there'd always be someone representing the community named Power Man. Adam would just be Power Man Prime.

Sigh. If only we could reboot everything and make things right from jump.
    I say no.

Because then Adam becomes apart of Luke Cage’s franchise rather than his own.

Best he uses the name Blue Marvel, where they can build his own Franchise off of him and his family.

Blue Marvel also sounds classic in that it could have been a Marvel character’s name in the silver age.

(Note: the name was also used for a short lived Thanos clone of the Uranian back in Quasar).
    Last edited by Will Evans; 11-25-2020 at 06:19 AM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

No need to pick up Dr. Doom #9. Blue Marvel is mentioned once, but no appearance at all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Okay, I admit I wasn't reading Doom's book but what was Adam's deal there? Was he a supporting character, an antagonist? What was his purpose in that book?
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-25-2020 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Okay, I admit I wasn't reading Doom's book but what was Alex's deal there? Was he a supporting character, an antagonist? What was his purpose in that book?
    Adam role in the book is to be jobbed..

Forgot to add...

The story mentions that the entire superhero community is aware of Blue Marvel's disappearance, but it makes you wonder what Monica Rambeau must be feeling/thinking. Anyone know if she appears on panel anywhere with respect to these developments? Obviously, you're not going to get an appearance from her, too, in the Doom series, but you'd think that she'd at least be in Doom's face within seconds of hearing the news. That's if she still cares for Adam at all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Okay, I admit I wasn't reading Doom's book but what was Adam's deal there? Was he a supporting character, an antagonist? What was his purpose in that book?
    I'm still trying to figure out what was Adam's role in the series. Maybe the last issue will make it clear that he served a truly valid and unique role other than being a Keystone Cop to Doom's "stable" genius.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what was Adam's role in the series. Maybe the last issue will make it clear that he served a truly valid and unique role other than being a Keystone Cop to Doom's "stable" genius.
    Maybe it was just a back door way to remove him off the board to justify why he's a no show for King in Black. Either way it has the effect of making a statement on their agreed value they place on Adam Brashear. The big guy might not ever make gains with the leadership at Marvel comics. Black Panther is still struggling to be considered on par with Thor, and Iron Man. The movie showcased the audience to be potentially reached. The comics still haven't given BP a crossover yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Maybe it was just a back door way to remove him off the board to justify why he's a no show for King in Black.
    Honestly, I think the writing is on the wall at this point. Blue is destined for L-I-M-B-O after the Doom series wraps up next month.

I would be surprised if Cates even knows who Adam is. Besides, they have Sentry and Thor in that series. No chance Blue would get any love there.

Blue Marvel was supposed to play some kind of role in Empyre, but I don't know that he did anything, aside from appearing in the preview. The Three Xs became the three aughts fairly quietly.

Blue also doesn't appear in the Avengers Phoenix storyline, which is supposed to be the next big thing for the Avengers universe. I see members from the Squadron Supreme, but few of my favorite Avengers. This all but assures that someone that I don't much care for will become the next Phoenix, which is a concept that I used to love. Oh well.

It's time to shut it down.

Amazing Member

Anybody else bummed that there was no news of blue marvel appearing in any of marvel's roster of streaming shows in2021?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon jiren View Post
    Anybody else bummed that there was no news of blue marvel appearing in any of marvel's roster of streaming shows in2021?
    No.
    Because everything they mentioned was rumored for months already. With the exception of Armor Wars, but everyone was curious what would happen to Rhodey after Endgame.

There have been no rumors about Adam. There have been no rumors about Blue Marvel in the MCU so far.

Another thing is that Hank Pym and Jan take a potential Blue Marvel’s place as a secret superhero during the 60s and 70s.

And Carol takes his place as the hidden powerhouse card.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    No.
    Because everything they mentioned was rumored for months already. With the exception of Armor Wars, but everyone was curious what would happen to Rhodey after Endgame.

There have been no rumors about Adam. There have been no rumors about Blue Marvel in the MCU so far.

Another thing is that Hank Pym and Jan take a potential Blue Marvel’s place as a secret superhero during the 60s and 70s.
    Well Hank Pym and Jan would be street level heroes wouldn't they. Adam would be planetary. There should be enough room for both.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Maybe it was just a back door way to remove him off the board to justify why he's a no show for King in Black. Either way it has the effect of making a statement on their agreed value they place on Adam Brashear. The big guy might not ever make gains with the leadership at Marvel comics. Black Panther is still struggling to be considered on par with Thor, and Iron Man. The movie showcased the audience to be potentially reached. The comics still haven't given BP a crossover yet.
    Given what happened to Sentry, Adam may have lucked out in skipping this event (so far).

They likely needed an expendable Superman level character to put over Knull, and Sentry and Adam probably were both potential candidates on the short list with Sentry winning the pony.

wow America Chavez, Carol, Black Panther & Monica are all in the MCU already. Only one missing is Blue Marvel for the Ultimates complete line up.