Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    Since when did we care about what 'Hyperion fans' think in the Blue Marvel Appreciation thread?

If Hyperion fans get angry at their boy being replaced by the Blue Marvel on the Squadron Supreme, then show them Age of Heroes #3.

That'll shut 'em up.
    Fanboyism that starts, strives on and perpetuates unnecessary hateful rivalry.

It only brings more haters to BM not more fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think Adam is one of those characters that is better off without a team, at least for a while. A big problem with Marvel and DC, is too many teams overlapping in purpose and Ultimates was pretty much Guardians of the Galaxy mixed with Fantastic Four.

Of course, that problem also applies to solo characters. I guess the Ultimates could work if we figure out a niche for them no other team is using.
    I think the Ultimates did fill a niche at the time they existed... they sort of filled the FF's role as more scientific adventureres rather than primarily a team that goes around punching bad guys i the faces. Not that they didn't do the later too. But of course now that the actual FF is back, that niche is filled.

But niche arguement aside, I think we get as many attempts at team books as we do because in marvel there are maybe half a dozen to a dozen heroes who have proven capable of carrying a solo title indefinately. The bulk of which are guys created decades ago by Stan and Jack. The formula of throwing together a bunch of characters in a book with maybe 1-2 more markable characters can sometimes give a book a chance at least. Adam in all likelihood can't carry a solo book more than 6 issues... but he might at least go 12 or more with Black Panther and Carol in it. There are certain economic realities that sadly sometimes have to be factored into these decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Fanboyism that starts, strives on and perpetuates unnecessary hateful rivalry.

It only brings more haters to BM not more fans.
    If 'haters' worry you so much, then keep Hyperion as a leader of Squadron Supreme and have Blue Marvel lead a special offshoot of that team.

Just call it, 'All-New, All-Different Squadron', or the 'New Squadron'.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    A suggestion...that pleases all parties is to have BM as a primary team scientist (along with Nighthawk) and being the team back up powerhouse.
    You make several great points, but I disagree that having Adam as a backup pleases everyone. I would hate it. Especially since Adam is supposed to be more powerful than Hyperion. Also, I flatly hate the zero sum approach to what Adam brings to the table. I think he should be both the team's scientist and primary heavy hitter. We've already seen writers limit one or the other of those abilities in team settings only to disappoint.

The only thing left to do is let Adam be what he was meant to be -- the Man of Marvels. He should be written in a way that frankly only gods of myth in the past were described, capable of performing a myriad of wonders at a high level. Take Hermes, for example, who was not only the fastest god, but their best thief and trickster, and one of the gods' best healers. And don't even get me started on other gods like Apollo. I don't see the point in suppressing any of Adam's attributes, although I know writers will do it in order to advance their narratives.

I'd be in favor of Adam starring with a smaller team of only 3-4 members, like the original Defenders or the aforementioned FF, if it means that he doesn't have to take a back seat to anyone and we get to see more of his powers, not less.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 11-11-2020 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Bro need to just post a gallery on your gram. The work is good ...����
    Thanks and much appreciated. I think Instagram is in safe hands with many of the artists who posts there. Given a century I might hope to be as good. But for now I'll stick to CBR.

If 'haters' worry you so much, then keep Hyperion as a leader of Squadron Supreme and have Blue Marvel lead a special offshoot of that team.

I like the Squadron Supreme name, just not what it connotes. But I'm guilty of wanting Blue Marvel to form a joint alliance with another DC analogue team -- the Imperial Guard -- so there's that.

At the end of the day, though, I don't think Marvel would publish either idea. I firmly believe Adam's next best step is to join one of Marvel's main teams. But pigs will probably sprout wings and soar the cosmos by the time that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I like the Squadron Supreme name, just not what it connotes. But I'm guilty of wanting Blue Marvel to form a joint alliance with another DC analogue team -- the Imperial Guard -- so there's that.

At the end of the day, though, I don't think Marvel would publish either idea. I firmly believe Adam's next best step is to join one of Marvel's main teams. But pigs will probably sprout wings and soar the cosmos by the time that happens.
    Agreed, we might even get a movie or TV appearance before anything substantial in comics. I'm okay with that too. I feel he would get better treatment in that forum anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Agreed, we might even get a movie or TV appearance before anything substantial in comics. I'm okay with that too. I feel he would get better treatment in that forum anyway.
    At this rate, I definitely think that an MCU appearance is more likely than Adam getting another limited series. Maybe they figure out a way to get him in WandaVision? Who knows.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 11-12-2020 at 06:06 AM.

If Adam did get a shot as part of a 3 person Defenders team, who would you like to see as his teammates?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

The roots of Defenders were outsiders who tend to not play around with other heroes, right?

Kaluu. They are old acquaintances, and every Defenders team need a wizard. Plus, the classic magic vs science stuff.

Alpha. He and Adam are prettty much opposites, and it would be inetresting to see if BM can become a model for him.

Phyla Vell. She would be the alien character. Maybe quiting the Guardians and feeling like a stranger in this world after what happened with Moondragon. And with her, there may be a chance to explore in a more interesting way the "616 is a dystopian reality" stuff from that Doom series
    (Angela: Aternate choice for the "alien". )
    Last edited by mugiwara; 11-12-2020 at 06:28 AM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

If Adam did get a shot as part of a 3 person Defenders team, who would you like to see as his teammates?
    I think you almost have to include Monica. They're sort of a package deal.

I think the third person could be Voodoo. It would sort of be interesting because Voodoo and Monica used to be a thing. Yeah, that's adding a bit of soap opera drama but in moderation I think that can be a good thing.

At this rate, I definitely think that an MCU appearance is more likely than Adam getting another limited series. Maybe they figure out a way to get him in WandaVision? Who knows.
    Those things potentially go hand in hand. If the ends up in the MCU, the odds of his presence in the comics drastically increases.

We know Monica is going to show up in Wanda Vision. So Adam at least has a shot, even as an easter egg or whatever.

Mighty Member

There is nothing wrong with BM being part of a team, must he lead?

He was fine in Mighty Avengers and Ultimates.

If BM is to lead any team it should be Mighty Avengers ...the "Avengers" carries more weight than any version of Squadron Supreme.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

I think the third person could be Voodoo. It would sort of be interesting because Voodoo and Monica used to be a thing. Yeah, that's adding a bit of soap opera drama but in moderation I think that can be a good thing.
    Agreed and co-signed!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think Monica is always a great choice, but I'm not so sure the above is necessarily true. After all, Monica was in recent Avengers and Strikeforce titles without Adam being a member of those teams. What's good for the goose....

That said, I would expect Monica to show up from time to time if they're still a couple. Her popularity alone makes that a better than fair prediction.