Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Mine would be Chiwetel Ejiofor if he wasnt already in the MCU

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Given Adam is a bit on the older side, I think Denzel Washingtom might be cool.

Teyonah Parris will play Monica in WandaVision.
    I'd do Blair Underwood as BM and Tika Sumpter as Monica.

I know Underwood played Lash in AOS but we've had double castings before.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I'd do Blair Underwood as BM and Tika Sumpter as Monica.

I know Underwood played Lash in AOS but we've had double castings before.
    AOS is largely irrelevant to the movies anyway

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Dennis Haysbert as Blue Marvel. That would be my number one choice. I just think his voice gives him a commanding presence.
    I like this.
    I would love to have him about the time he was in THE UNIT. In his early to mid 50s he was just what I can picture BM looking like.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I like this.
    I would love to have him about the time he was in THE UNIT. In his early to mid 50s he was just what I can picture BM looking like.
    He has good height...may need to bulk up a little...but what about longevity Isn't he in his mid 60s?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    He has good height...may need to bulk up a little...but what about longevity Isn't he in his mid 60s?
    Yeah. They dont need to worry much for longevity with Blue Marvel bc lets face it; he's not an Iron Man like character that they will try to build a franchise around for 10 years and his own films. Not that it really matters though bc Samuel L Jackson has been Nick Fury since he was 59 and is still playing him at 71. Blue Marvel will likely be less prominent than him
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-26-2020 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Yeah, he’s 66.
    That’s why I said he’d have been perfect about the time of THE UNIT. He had the age and maturity and was still in convincingly action-y shape.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Fantasy casting, anyone? Who would play Adam and Monica in your live action adaptation?
    Who else would you want to see in it?
    If he wanted the role, absolutely no one is turning down Denzel Washington. But if Denzel wasn't interested in ever doing a "comic book movie," then I'd recast Idris Elba as Adam Brashear. Ricky Whittle might also do the role justice. His popularity has increased tremendously since appearing in American Gods.

As for Monica Rambeau, I'd be fine with just about any of the top actors, but Naomie Harris, Rochelle Aytes, Gabrielle Union, Nathalie Emmanuel and Gugu Mbatha-Raw would be at the top of my wish list. And since this is purely hypothetical, let's give Monica back both parents. Delroy Lindo plays Monica's father. Whomever decided to take Monica's dad out of the household deserves to rot in hell...and may their children never miss them.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

If you were tasked with launching a title for Marvel similar to DC's World Finest, which female hero would you choose to be the Batman to Blue Marvel's Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    If you were tasked with launching a title for Marvel similar to DC's World Finest, which female hero would you choose to be the Batman to Blue Marvel's Superman?
    Black Widow.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Misty Knight, maybe.
    She’s got the detective skills street smarts experience w. superheroics just the right amount of power to make her viable and the no nonsense attitude to compliment and sometimes clash w. Adam on any given mission.

The fact that each has a notable significant other and or partner would make a writer work a little harder but it’s not impossible. Superman and Batman has the same situation w. Lois (Monica) and The Bat Family (Colleen, Iron Fist), and they still manage to go off on adventures by themselves.

Anyway, it’s the first name that came to mind.

-shrug-

Yeah, he’s 66.
    That’s why I said he’d have been perfect about the time of THE UNIT. He had the age and maturity and was still in convincingly action-y shape.
    Marvel could probably also use that "de-aging" technology that they sometimes use in their movies to make Dennis Haysbert look as young as he did in "The Unit."
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 07-27-2020 at 02:45 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

As long as it doesn’t look as strange as it did in that Will Smith movie...

As long as it doesn’t look as strange as it did in that Will Smith movie...
    Do you think it looked weird in "Captain Marvel?" when they de-aged Samuel L. Jackson?
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

A little bit, yeah but it wasn’t as distracting as it was in the Will Smith movie, which is why i used it as an example and not Captain Marvel. Plus I figure Dennis Haysbert would be on screen a lot longer than de-aged Jackson (a supporting character) OR Smith (essentially his own co Star), so it would need to be done really well!