Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

TBC, if it meant actually having Dennis Haysbert play Adam, I’d be willing to roll the dice on de-aging him. The MCU’s half assed a few things here and there; special effects isn’t one of those things!

Naw, If we are starting this from scratch I think it would be okay to start him off younger and just find a talented black actor in his 30's a shot. Don't get me wrong, I love Dennis as Adam. Hell I think X-Men messed up by not making him Apocalypse. Let's just bring in fresh faces instead of keeping it in the same old cycles.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Naw, If we are starting this from scratch I think it would be okay to start him off younger and just find a talented black actor in his 30's a shot. Don't get me wrong, I love Dennis as Adam. Hell I think X-Men messed up by not making him Apocalypse. Let's just bring in fresh faces instead of keeping it in the same old cycles.
    But he hasn’t even cycled yet!

AKA, there are a ton of good actors that could pull off playing Adam you’re right.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Black Widow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Misty Knight, maybe.
    Both are great suggestions. I almost wish I could combine two into one composite being: Night Widow.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Both are great suggestions. I almost wish I could combine two into one composite being: Night Widow.
    BLACK KNIGHT!

-runs away real fast-

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Why would we team him with a female hero for worlds finest? Seems like moonknight might be the obvious choice otherwise. Idk.

I think I'd like an unknown actor to play him. Kind of like how... Hugh Jackman came out of virtually nowhere to do it.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

For my part, I just think he and Misty Knight would have great chemistry.

Hugh Jackman is one of the few things the X movies did correctly. If Marvel could find someone that good in a Blue Marvel sense, I’d be all for it!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Dennis Haysbert as Blue Marvel. That would be my number one choice. I just think his voice gives him a commanding presence.
    and he would probably be cheap enough to sign for a multiple film deal, compared to Denzel or whomever.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Why would we team him with a female hero for worlds finest?
    Consider it a free-flowing stream of consciousness that actually started out with me thinking about Javicia Leslie, who is taking on the role of Batwoman in the CW TV series. That later trickled into thoughts of Ms. Leslie appearing in movies alongside whomever they cast to play Superman à la, DC's World's Finest, only with Batwoman, instead of Batman. From there it was a short spill into, "What if Adam teamed up fairly regularly with a Batwoman-like character?" So here we are.

Yes, there are a number of men that on paper would make a good partner for Adam, including Moon Knight, Wolverine, Captain America, and a few others. But the true genius imho is matching him with a female partner in (anti-)crime. Someone who is brilliant and very effective at what she does, despite not having Adam's or even Monica's elite level power.

Who I really want doesn't exist on panel: Misty Knight's mum as a 1960s/70s revolutionary social activist and caped crusader by night, who had an entanglement with Adam at a time when she and her husband -- and Adam and his wife -- were all struggling through trial marital separations. Sure, they eventually reconcile with their mates, but not before Misty's mum gets pregnant. I'm not one for soap opera drama, but just for the hell of it, I'd throw it out there that Adam could be Misty's biological father. Only Misty's mum knows the truth...and maybe Misty teaming up with Blue Marvel in the present to solve a murder mystery is her mother's attempt to bring all of the family's dark, painful secrets into light?

Anyway, enough daydreaming. Back to the usual Blue Marvel discussions at hand.

By the way, a round of applause to Ms. Leslie for winning the role of Lady Dark Knight.
    Attached Images Attached Images

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Consider it a free-flowing stream of consciousness that actually started out with me thinking about Javicia Leslie, who is taking on the role of Batwoman in the CW TV series. That later trickled into thoughts of Ms. Leslie appearing in movies alongside whomever they cast to play Superman à la, DC's World's Finest, only with Batwoman, instead of Batman. From there it was a short spill into, "What if Adam teamed up fairly regularly with a Batwoman-like character?" So here we are.

Yes, there are a number of men that on paper would make a good partner for Adam, including Moon Knight, Wolverine, Captain America, and a few others. But the true genius imho is matching him with a female partner in (anti-)crime. Someone who is brilliant and very effective at what she does, despite not having Adam's or even Monica's elite level power.

Who I really want doesn't exist on panel: Misty Knight's mum as a 1960s/70s revolutionary social activist and caped crusader by night, who had an entanglement with Adam at a time when she and her husband -- and Adam and his wife -- were all struggling through trial marital separations. Sure, they eventually reconcile with their mates, but not before Misty's mum gets pregnant. I'm not one for soap opera drama, but just for the hell of it, I'd throw it out there that Adam could be Misty's biological father. Only Misty's mum knows the truth...and maybe Misty teaming up with Blue Marvel in the present to solve a murder mystery is her mother's attempt to bring all of the family's dark, painful secrets into light?

By the way, a round of applause to Ms. Leslie for winning the role of Lady Dark Knight.
    ...okay. That's a lot to digest but. ok.

I have trouble seeing the Adam Brashear ...the marine who stopped super-heroics because the president asked him to do so just to spare the country stryfe... a Guy whose BASICALLY a person who's ideals are the same as stever rogers/Captain America ....bedding down with a revolutionary social activist. But... Never trust a big but and a smile I guess. That story reminds me of someone but I can't put my finger on who.

Anyway, enough daydreaming. Back to the usual Blue Marvel discussions at hand

Blue Marvel/Black Panther. worlds finest.

I guess it kind of writes itself in a way.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Blue Marvel/Black Panther. worlds finest.

I guess it kind of writes itself in a way.
    It kind of does. It’s why I had high hopes whe I first saw The Ultimates line up.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah. Wasn’t the take on Ultimates superficially suppose to be Marvel’s:

Superman: Blue Marvel
    Batman: Black Panther
    Wonder Woman: America Chavez
    Green Lantern: Captain Marvel
    Flash: Spectrum
    Last edited by Will Evans; 07-28-2020 at 03:19 AM.

^^^That’s how i looked at it.

I have trouble seeing the Adam Brashear ...the marine who stopped super-heroics because the president asked him to do so just to spare the country stryfe... a Guy whose BASICALLY a person who's ideals are the same as stever rogers/Captain America ....bedding down with a revolutionary social activist. But... Never trust a big but and a smile I guess. That story reminds me of someone but I can't put my finger on who.
    There is a tendency with comics to see heroes as fixed absolutes, instead of evolving, complex creatures. There's also the misconception that every revolutionary activist from the 1960s was somehow radically un-American, unless of course that activist happened to have been aligned with MLK's nonviolent philosophy. Many of them saw themselves as no different from our Founding Fathers, who violently overthrew one oppressive regime to realize a more just, if not fair and egalitarian one. No one who has really read the Declaration of Independence can say that African American activists in the 1960s and 1970s were wrong for wanting the same freedoms and privileges that their White counterparts enjoyed. Deep down, Adam wants the same thing that his close friend, Conner Sims, a member of the Weathermen (or Marvel's equivalent), wants. Where they differed was on means and methodology.

As for Adam and the as yet nonexistent mother of Misty Knight, if only physical attraction was truly the driving force that sends one married person into the arms of someone outside of the marriage. The reality is there are any number of reasons, and they only need make sense in that moment for the two people involved. In Adam's case, Misty's mother represents the lure of the foil. Adam is more powerful than everyone on the planet at the time, and he's smarter than just about everyone else, too. But he doesn't know better than everyone else. Misty's mom does. She gets the benefit of the Batman aura, the narrator's omnipotence, where she knows things that she shouldn't know, and more often than not, she's right about the outcomes and downstream implications. She is uncannily confident and resolute. For a man like Adam who must have second-guessed himself quite often back then, it's a simple case of moth meet flame. What I haven't figured out is why Misty's mother would be drawn to Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Yeah. Wasn’t the take on Ultimates superficially suppose to be Marvel’s:

Superman: Blue Adam
    Batman: Black Panther
    Wonder Woman: America Chavez
    Green Lantern: Captain Marvel
    Flash: Spectrum
    Yep, pretty much.