Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's a fairly even fight when Sentry is at "normal" Superman levels.

But Sentry is sort of a plot device. At higher levels he's demonstrated time, reality and molecular control.
    Yes, Sentry has been to shown to have pretty much every power in the book and then some, including the equivalent of mutant Omega level telepathy, which is how everyone forgot about him.

Maybe Adam has telepathy, too? The really, really powerful kind that is able to breach the 4th wall and make Marvel editors and writers forget that he exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I think he needs to a situation when he does fight Darkseid and Adam gets called in. I don't think that marvel is using this guy correctly. He kinda needs to be a man of action not another reed Richards...
    The Ultimates faced Thanos. It was Ewing's perfect chance to let Adam cut loose and really give us a memorable showing. Instead, Ewing had Adam slink into the background faster than sobriety at a Guns and Roses concert. The really sad part is that was one of the less powerful versions of Thanos. The table was perfectly set for Adam to put him down, but Ewing....

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Well that was the establishing point of his powers being the same( in principle or better) as molecule mans.
    Before that it was like he was just a slugger in practice most of the time.
    Didn't Sentry battle Galactus to a stand still long before he ever tussled with Owen?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Didn't Sentry battle Galactus to a stand still long before he ever tussled with Owen?
    Yep. People probably don't think about it too much because it was only mentioned in passing that it happened, by Spider-Man, a long time ago... and then X-Man years later confirmed they fought, and he also fought there. And for all we know those could have been separate incidents.

But it's true Bob is often shown to just fly around to punch stuff.

so, has the alternate world story been done yet where Blue Marvel didn't retire and was active during the civil rights movement? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so, has the alternate world story been done yet where Blue Marvel didn't retire and was active during the civil rights movement? Just wondering.
    I’d love to see that.
    That point is actually one of my pet peeves of the movie Hancock. He’d been around since the thirties, but somehow missed that entire era in history, as Jason Bateman’s character had no idea he’d been around as long as he had.

The Ultimates faced Thanos. It was Ewing's perfect chance to let Adam cut loose and really give us a memorable showing. Instead, Ewing had Adam slink into the background faster than sobriety at a Guns and Roses concert. The really sad part is that was one of the less powerful versions of Thanos. The table was perfectly set for Adam to put him down, but Ewing....
    Yes!!!!!! It was moments like that one that had me question if Ewing had lost his mind. I was more than willing to buy that T'challa would have to fall back and get all "science-y" cause of the gross physical matchup discrepancy, but like you I just knew that all the wait was going to pay off, and we'd have some fireworks with Adam. Talk about dryhumping inducing a serious case of Blue balls, figuratively speaking. I kind of mentally checked out of the book when I read that scene. Even now during Empyre, this is the all hands on deck type of thing we should see Adam in here!

This space reserved for powers/feats.

Edit: On second thought, I decided not to bother listing Blue Marvel's powers. It's not like any of the current writers are showing him as powerful as he truly is anyway.
    Ha! Ouch. Welcome to the club, Dr. Brashear you're in good company here with the likes of Superman and many others!

I haven't read a ton of Blue Marvel comics, but in every single one, I've thought he was awesome. Interesting, likable, smart, and just all around cool. Not to mention thought-provoking.

Strange to think this great character has only been around for little over a decade. Hopefully with time, he'll become a Marvel mainstay and as much a household name as the likes of Mr Fantastic or Dr Strange!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Only in my fanfiction.

Extraordinary Member

Is he still with Monica?

What’s everyone’s thoughts on that MAY/December romance?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Is he still with Monica?

Personally, I feel that both of their personalities allow for to respect each other as peers and you would get the impression that Adam's chasing the cradle, or Monica was searching for a "daddy". Plus their profession helps to further their bond.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Personally, I feel that both of their personalities allow for to respect each other as peers and you would get the impression that Adam's chasing the cradle, or Monica was searching for a "daddy". Plus their profession helps to further their bond.
    You do know that Monica is a College and Police Academy graduate not to mention (was) a lieutenant in the harbor patrol, right?
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-29-2020 at 03:01 PM.

Is he still with Monica?
    Monica's time with Strikeforce is drawing to a close. The nature of their enemy, the Vridai, required her to be away from Adam and mostly incommunicado. It also meant that Adam couldn't make any guest appearances in that book. (How convenient.) Presumably, Adam and Monica are still together.

The age disparity doesn't bother me. That dynamic works well enough when the man happens to be Charles Xavier, Magneto, Namor, Thor, Reed Richards, Ikaris, Ben Grimm and others. I see no point in making age an issue now that it's Blue Marvel's turn at the Fountain of Youth.

Having said that, Monica isn't my first choice for Adam. I prefer that he date either someone that is immortal or long-lived, like himself. In an earlier post I mentioned Storm's ancestor, Ashake, as a good match for Adam. I'm sticking by that. And since Adam has met Morgan le Fay, and Morgan le Fay and Ashake are old Grimoire of the Month reading club mates, I'd have Morgan handle the introductions. As Oshtur's living avatar on Earth, I think Ashake could teach Adam quite a bit. Adam, no doubt, could do the same for the time displaced maiden. The really cool part is these two can appear as old or as young as a writer needs them to be. All together now: "Adam and Ashake/ sitting in a tree/ K-i-s-s-i-n-g!"

Don't worry about Monica. She's young and probably has thousands of dudes sliding her a DM. She just has to respond to one or ten or twenty of them and start dating. Adam will be a distant memory in no time.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 07-29-2020 at 09:38 PM.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Is he still with Monica?

I think that's irrelevant to energy beings, who may or may not be immortal.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Monica's time with Strikeforce is drawing to a close. The nature of their enemy, the Vridai, required her to be away from Adam and mostly incommunicado. It also meant that Adam couldn't make any guest appearances in that book. (How convenient.) Presumably, Adam and Monica are still together.

The age disparity doesn't bother me. That dynamic works well enough when the man happens to be Charles Xavier, Magneto, Namor, Thor, Reed Richards, Ikaris, Ben Grimm and others. I see no point in making age an issue now that it's Blue Marvel's turn at the Fountain of Youth.

Having said that, Monica isn't my first choice for Adam. I prefer that he date either someone that is immortal or long-lived, like himself. In an earlier post I mentioned Storm's ancestor, Ashake, as a good match for Adam. I'm sticking by that. And since Adam has met Morgan le Fay, and Morgan le Fay and Ashake are old Grimoire of the Month reading club mates, I'd have Morgan handle the introductions. As Oshtur's living avatar on Earth, I think Ashake could teach Adam quite a bit. Adam, no doubt, could do the same for the time displaced maiden. The really cool part is these two can appear as old or as young as a writer needs them to be. All together now: "Adam and Ashake/ sitting in a tree/ K-i-s-s-i-n-g!"

Don't worry about Monica. She's young and probably has thousands of dudes sliding her a DM. She just has to respond to one or ten or twenty of them and start dating. Adam will be a distant memory in no time.
    Didn't No Road Home establish Monica can't age beyond her prime?