Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    You do know that Monica is a College and Police Academy graduate not to mention (was) a lieutenant in the harbor patrol, right?
    She was always shown to be a mature person. She took to being a superhero very easily, and was thrown into the deep end as an Avenger almost immediately, which didn’t seem to phase her.

As to her and Adam as a couple? I’m a fan. It feels like a natural pairing and not forced, like a lot of these relationships in comics. They compliment each other and make for a formidable power couple. A couple that, like Adam himself, has been downplayed instead of played up.

You do know that Monica is a College and Police Academy graduate not to mention (was) a lieutenant in the harbor patrol, right?
    Hey, I saw this and this was a mistake on that bolded part. It should say wouldn't...

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Didn't No Road Home establish Monica can't age beyond her prime?
    Yes and no.

Monica's origin story holds that she is an organic. human being, who converts from flesh and blood into electromagnetic energy form. There were stories in the Avengers that showed her weight/mass could be affected by how much energy she used when she was in energy form. Logically, that all ties back to E=mc2. Pin that, because No Road Home purportedly returns her to that state, where she can revert back to flesh and blood form in order to have babies and a chance to have the bell rung on her biological clock a few times.

In between Monica's gaining her powers and the ending of No Road Home was Mighty Avengers, where Dr. Brashear used his antiparticle powers to save Monica's life and enhance her electromagnetic capabilities. It was during this series that Ewing (through Brashear) tried to establish that Monica never returned to an organic form. She was comprised of electromagnetic energy 100% of the time, only she didn't know it. That contradicted the earlier Avengers stories, as well as the episode where Monica lost her conversion powers, but gained a different relationship to the extradimensional dimensional force. She was definitely flesh and blood then.

At any rate, from Mighty Avengers through Ultimates and the early issues of No Road Home, Monica was that all powerful, immortal, energy form. But she gave it all up to be human once more. I haven't read the entire Strikeforce series, but in all likelihood Monica remains flesh and blood as her default state. As such, she ages, she gets old and gravity will do to her what it does to all of us eventually.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 07-30-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    As to her and Adam as a couple? I’m a fan. It feels like a natural pairing and not forced, like a lot of these relationships in comics. They compliment each other and make for a formidable power couple. A couple that, like Adam himself, has been downplayed instead of played up.
    Their synergy is undeniable. I'm fine with whomever Monica ends up with, as long as it's not Triathlon, Wolverine, Quicksilver, anyone that ever dated Carol, or someone like that.

As for Adam, if he's going to be with Monica, they'll have to deal with the elephant in the room. She's already stated that she wants kids. Mentally, he's a man that has already raised 3 kids to adulthood. Does he really want to have more kids as he approaches his nineties, not really knowing how much more time he has? We keep referring to him as a "stable battery", well, every battery that I know of has a life cycle. The point comes when they can no longer hold a charge. What if Adam is closer to the end of that life cycle than we know? He goes to bed Blue Marvel and wakes up the next day fit for a nursing home, decrepit Old Man Brashear. Do you gamble and have more children, even though you may not be around to raise them? Should make for an interesting conversation between Adam and Monica.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Their synergy is undeniable. I'm fine with whomever Monica ends up with, as long as it's not Triathlon, Wolverine, Quicksilver, anyone that ever dated Carol, or someone like that.

As for Adam, if he's going to be with Monica, they'll have to deal with the elephant in the room. She's already stated that she wants kids. Mentally, he's a man that has already raised 3 kids to adulthood. Does he really want to have more kids as he approaches his nineties, not really knowing how much more time he has? We keep referring to him as a "stable battery", well, every battery that I know of has a life cycle. The point comes when they can no longer hold a charge. What if Adam is closer to the end of that life cycle than we know? He goes to bed Blue Marvel and wakes up the next day fit for a nursing home, decrepit Old Man Brashear. Do you gamble and have more children, even though you may not be around to raise them? Should make for an interesting conversation between Adam and Monica.
    And I’d love to see that conversation...in a mini or ongoing Blue Marvel series!

Hell's yeah! Spin the wheel and let it fly. She knew at them first hooking up what his deal was, she obviously is prepared to be there and take up any slack on his end far as raising future kids go. Besides can you imagine that type of babysitter's and nannies they'll have in their life? Their kids would be fine. Adam outwardly look in his 40's but obviously has the vitality of a young man with added superpowers.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Hell's yeah! Spin the wheel and let it fly. She knew at them first hooking up what his deal was, she obviously is prepared to be there and take up any slack on his end far as raising future kids go. Besides can you imagine that type of babysitter's and nannies they'll have in their life? Their kids would be fine. Adam outwardly look in his 40's but obviously has the vitality of a young man with added superpowers.
    No doubt. In Monica's favor, Adam definitely looked like he enjoyed playing godfather to Uatu's child. But Adam is so ... cautious ... about everything. You know he's already thought about his role in Monica's life. He doesn't strike me as the type of man that would get involved unless he wanted to be the man that she needs him to be. I hope we get a chance to see their relationship develop, but I have my doubts. Maybe next year or the year after someone at Marvel will pitch a team book with the two on the roster.

Well, here's one way for Monica to regain elite power without risking her humanity. She'd obviously keep the name Spectrum. Then she and Adam can have as many kids as they like. Septuplets, anyone? ("We're gonna need a bigger bassinet!")
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, here's one way for Monica to regain elite power without risking her humanity. She'd obviously keep the name Spectrum. Then she and Adam can have as many kids as they like. Septuplets, anyone? ("We're gonna need a bigger bassinet!")
    YO, this you bruh? Nice art! Long as they have a majority boys, it seems they always have brothas with kids that end up being girls. Can we have some lil nappy headed baby boys, after having my son I'm here for the male energy.

BANNED

As for Adam, if he's going to be with Monica, they'll have to deal with the elephant in the room. She's already stated that she wants kids. Mentally, he's a man that has already raised 3 kids to adulthood. Does he really want to have more kids as he approaches his nineties, not really knowing how much more time he has?
    We keep referring to him as a "stable battery", well, every battery that I know of has a life cycle. The point comes when they can no longer hold a charge. What if Adam is closer to the end of that life cycle than we know? He goes to bed Blue Marvel and wakes up the next day fit for a nursing home, decrepit Old Man Brashear. Do you gamble and have more children, even though you may not be around to raise them? Should make for an interesting conversation between Adam and Monica.
    But, Adam isn't a stable "Battery" he's a stable "Anti-Matter Reactor" who can can absorb and generate vast amounts of anti-matter energy for various effects.

YO, this you bruh? Nice art! Long as they have a majority boys, it seems they always have brothas with kids that end up being girls. Can we have some lil nappy headed baby boys, after having my son I'm here for the male energy.
    Why should their child (be it male or female) have nappy hair?
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-01-2020 at 07:41 PM.

But, Adam isn't a stable "Battery" he's a stable "Anti-Matter Reactor" who can can absorb and generate vast amounts of anti-matter energy for various effects.
    Same deal. Reactors have a life cycle, too. Obviously the writers can keep Adam around for a billion years if they want. But from an in-story, in-character standpoint, Adam has to feel like he's still very much mortal with an appointed date and time to meet his maker.

YO, this you bruh? Nice art!
    Thanks! Sketching helps cement my fanfic ideas. I have a couple of old sketchbooks back at my folk's place filled with nothing but Monica in various costumes.

Long as they have a majority boys, it seems they always have brothas with kids that end up being girls. Can we have some lil nappy headed baby boys, after having my son I'm here for the male energy.
    At least when it comes to Adam, male offspring are definitely represented. He has two sons of his own, plus godsons from Anti-Man and Uatu. It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up having a few more sons with Monica.

BANNED

I'll be a happy fanboy when these two get married
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-05-2020 at 12:48 AM.

Did she say she loves him back?
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Same! What a cute couple.