Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'd say Black Panther and Storm were a couple in Coates run. Though I wonder if the current stuff in the X-Men books won't break them up.

But at least until we find out how Coates book ends, we've got 2 super hero black couples with T'CHalla/Storm and Shuri/Eden.

Sam's thing with Misty was sort of weird, because he seemed to be making time with Thor at the same time. I'm not sure if they were a legit couple, or if those 2 relationships were occuring somewhat different times. But either way, they definately broke up right before Secret Empire.
    Well considering Storm turned her back on her husband and the nation she was queen of to side with the X-Men and then her allies attacked Wakanda...I would say they are definitely over and Wakanda would never accept her in any relationship with T'Challa.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I never got the sense that BP and Adam were necessarily buddies. They were obviously co-workers, and I think it's more than fair to assume they respected each other. But between T'Challa's actions in Time Runs Out with the Illuminati and T'Challa's threat about Anti-Man I don't think either would necessarily go out of their way to hang with the other outside of a professional setting.

Though that could obviously change anytime a writer decides they want them to be buddies I suppose. I'd agree a super hero double date would be fun.
    I'm not necessarily calling for them to be the best of friends. Adam knows that T'Challa is a man to be watched closely. He keeps too many secrets that might affect the world at large. At the end of the day, King or not, T'Challa isn't the guy that you want looking out for the safety of the world. Wakanda is his chief concern, and if it comes down to sacrificing the rest of the world in order to save Wakanda, T'Challa would make that call without batting an eye. He has no choice. Adam should keep T'Challa close for that reason alone. In a way, it's taking a page from T'Challa's book and using it against him. After all, BP didn't become an Avenger out of the goodness of his heart, or because of any great love for humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm not necessarily calling for them to be the best of friends. Adam knows that T'Challa is a man to be watched closely. He keeps too many secrets that might affect the world at large. At the end of the day, King or not, T'Challa isn't the guy that you want looking out for the safety of the world. Wakanda is his chief concern, and if it comes down to sacrificing the rest of the world in order to save Wakanda, T'Challa would make that call without batting an eye. He has no choice. Adam should keep T'Challa close for that reason alone. In a way, it's taking a page from T'Challa's book and using it against him. After all, BP didn't become an Avenger out of the goodness of his heart, or because of any great love for humanity.
    T'Challa and Adam spying on each other actually would make for a pretty descent basis for a story together.

Might be a good reason for him to join the Avengers. Obviously because he's on the Avengers you have people keeping an eye on T'Challa, but since guys like Steve and Tony are his friends Adam might feel they're not keeping as close an eye on him as he might like. Given the current story in Avengers, the President might even ask Adam to join and keep an eye on him.

Doesn't seem like Aaron is going in that direction obviously... but it could have been cool

Thoughts on Adrienne Brashear? Does anyone see her having a bigger role in the MU? Would you give her powers and, if so, what kind? What about relationships? Do you pair her up with someone from the superhero/supervillain community, or limit her to civilians only?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Extraordinary Member

Thoughts on Adrienne Brashear? Does anyone see her having a bigger role in the MU? Would you give her powers and, if so, what kind? What about relationships? Do you pair her up with someone from the superhero/supervillain community, or limit her to civilians only?
    No to supervillain ties. One of the sons already did that.

She’s a Project Pegasus scientist, right?

You could tie her to Quasar. The first one ironically had Blue Marvel as an alternate name (before Adam was retcon in).

Ship her with the new Quasar.

First off the pic is a great visual for the character. I might be on the opposite side of the fence in this opinion. It's trending for young black females to be highlighted right now. I really want to see a young black male hero the is opposite of Adam. One that is lil more rebellious maybe not as powerful, but still a threat. Perhaps a scaled down version of his son thats in the Negative zone. I would to see how the current hero community navigate dealing with someone close to Adam's level but not as grounded.

Extraordinary Member

Whatever happened to Khn'nr's (Skrull Captain Mar-Vell infiltrator) Nega-Bands after Secret Invasion??

... who are his children? what powers do they have? Do they know about Monica?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ... who are his children? what powers do they have? Do they know about Monica?
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Kevin...ar_(Earth-616)

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Adrie...ar_(Earth-616)

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Max_Brashear_(Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    No to supervillain ties. One of the sons already did that.

She’s a Project Pegasus scientist, right?

You could tie her to Quasar. The first one ironically had Blue Marvel as an alternate name (before Adam was retcon in).

Ship her with the new Quasar.
    Course, given Marvels history of having Wendel pass off his Quasar mantle to any and every random female character he happens to come across I'll wager she would end up becoming the new Quasar... before almost immediately being killed off like every other woman who was unfortuante enough to take Wendells mantle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    that's not canon
    How isn't it cannon? If they are shaggin' monogamously then they are together...
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-09-2020 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    How isn't it cannon? If they are shaggin' monogamously then they are together...
    contradicts multiple books

Nakia

give it time
    The J-man

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so, has the alternate world story been done yet where Blue Marvel didn't retire and was active during the civil rights movement? Just wondering.
    Thank you I knew I wasn't the only one asking that question.

Amazing Member

I thought I read somewhere that Coates BP books are canon?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    If they are shaggin' monogamously then they are together...
    Are they really together, or are they backsliding like most broken up couples tend to do?