Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

More Adam can only be a good thing.

I wouldn't say no to a reprint of the original mini either. Had to leave mine (among other things) behind when a broken relationship forced me to move home.

The prices for even the single issues at the moment are ridiculous...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what video games is he in so far? Just wondering.
    Just wanted to pick up on this too. I think he is in a couple of Lego Avengers games if those are your bag.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    unless it's just to get punked by doom again.

decent pick.

Exactly, no thank you. I'm not picking up the issue unless I know it's a decent showing. That recent job writing was pathetic. I'm definitely the type to prefer no content versus very bad content.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Exactly, no thank you. I'm not picking up the issue unless I know it's a decent showing. That recent job writing was pathetic. I'm definitely the type to prefer no content versus very bad content.
    Likewise, hopefully the writer will do him justice.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Likewise, hopefully the writer will do him justice.
    Maybe things will turn around, but thus far Adam hasn't done anything in the Doom series to justify his being there. He hasn't been called on to display either his tremendous intellect or top tier powers. I had hoped the writer would establish Doom and Adam as foils, but that doesn't appear to be the direction the writing is taking. To date, Adam and Doom haven't exchanged a single word. Adam has said more to H.E.R.B.I.E., which I must say, sadly and pathetically parallels an ostracized child talking to his dog while the adults engage in all of the hearty, substantive conversations. Hopefully, that will change in the next issue.

Fantastic Member

I wonder if Blue Marvel will get a team of his own with Jimmy Woo having the Agents of Atlas and Night Trasher having the New Warriors. Wonder if Blue Marvel will get something like Avengers World or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    I wonder if Blue Marvel will get a team of his own with Jimmy Woo having the Agents of Atlas and Night Trasher having the New Warriors. Wonder if Blue Marvel will get something like Avengers World or something like that.
    It would make sense. I’m surprised that he hasn’t taken over the Future Foundation. But I would prefer a more adult team.

It would make sense. I’m surprised that he hasn’t taken over the Future Foundation. But I would prefer a more adult team.
    I truly believe that Adam should be included in the Guardians of the Galaxy as they were recently restarted. The threats that could be written have potential to challenge someone on his level.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Welp!

That confirmed what i thought.

I'm of the same opinion so ....i'll go back to reading Roye Okupe's work until Blue Marvel is written properly.
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    This idea is a bit out there, but Blue Marvel linking up with the Imperial Guard has been a longtime dream of mine. Now that his kids are all grown, and Monica is off doing her own thing in secrecy with Strike Force, now is as good a time as any for Blue to spend the next year or two in space as Earth's Ambassador and a Marquis de Lafayette-type figure to the newly reforming Sh'iar res publica. Given all of the challenges of restoring the rule of law throughout the empire, Blue inevitably finds himself not only serving in an advisory capacity, but actively engaged along with the IG during several cataclysmic crises. Adam serves with such distinction that he is given his own elite unit within the Imperial Guard -- his own Scholae Palatinae so to speak. The fun part, of course, is figuring out which classic Imperial Guard members (and maybe one or two other well known Marvel cosmic characters) comprise Adam's elite force.

Anyway, like I said, just wishful thinking.

I often wonder what kind of reception the Blue Marvel would have received from Marvel's readership if his experiences and temperament were more like Chalky White, the Atlantic City racketeer as portrayed by the brilliant Michael K. Williams in the now classic Boardwalk Empire television series.

His race
    Gatekeeping
    Connection to Grevioux
    Proximity to the emergence of the Sentry

All possible factors in the initial poor reception. If he’s like any former The Wire character, it’s Cedric Daniels. He plays it too safe.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I truly believe that Adam should be included in the Guardians of the Galaxy as they were recently restarted. The threats that could be written have potential to challenge someone on his level.
    Given Ewing will be writing Guaridans, there's a descent chance he could at least show up at some point. Al seems to like Adam.

His race
    Gatekeeping
    Connection to Grevioux
    Proximity to the emergence of the Sentry

All possible factors in the initial poor reception. If he’s like any former The Wire character, it’s Cedric Daniels. He plays it too safe.
    I've always thought the timing of Adam and Sentry coming out so closely was a little unfortunate. Not that the characters were identical... but there was enough overlap to the point where one potentially could steal the others thunder a little.

If he’s like any former The Wire character, it’s Cedric Daniels. He plays it too safe.
    Yes, that is the current damning characterization. Too safe. As if to say that his fears hold greater sway than his convictions. Maybe someday a writer will change that. Remind him that he has tools handed down to him in the blood and sacrifice of others. Fear was not one of those tools.