Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon jiren View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that Coates BP books are canon?
    A book is canon unless something specifically states it's not. I think the arguements that it's not is more wishful thinking than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Are they really together, or are they backsliding like most broken up couples tend to do?
    As of now currently they are together.

Amazing Member

This just in Blue Marvel might actually see the light of day on screen... albeit on the small screen. Here's the link to the rumour https://youtu.be/SA9OekYfndc

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon jiren View Post
    This just in Blue Marvel might actually see the light of day on screen... albeit on the small screen. Here's the link to the rumour https://youtu.be/SA9OekYfndc
    Him being a part of SWORD could be cool in the MCU.

A good sign of that happening in the movies might be if it happens in the comics to lay some ground work. He'd be a pretty good fit for that.

Woah. This is the news I’ve needed.

If this is true, it's amazing and it goes to show just how wack Comics creators and writers are where tv and movies are more forward thinking to just put a black male hero in a new show line up.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Well, if nothing else, Blue Marvel's name is in the mix. If something more substantive develops, cool. But not expecting too much here. Especially since I have a feeling that the TV version is going to be modified for marketability, consumer sensibilities and content. On the one hand that might mean we'll see an even better version of BM on TV than we get in the comic. But it can also mean that we get a worse depiction. I am almost certain that whomever they cast will be one of the older veteran actors. And he'll be far less powerful to cater to the scope and scale of the main characters. Think: Martian Manhunter on the Supergirl CWTV show.

What would make a great alternate Earth Blue Marvel counterpart? Would he be good, evil or something else? What aspects of his history would remain the same? What would differ? Would he still be a father and widow, or never married without any kids at all? Would he be a steadying voice of reason, or capricious and petty? Would he be Black or some other ethnicity? Would he even be human at all? Let's hear it. What would make a compelling alternate universe Adam Brashear?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

What would make a great alternate Earth Blue Marvel counterpart? Would he be good, evil or something else? What aspects of his history would remain the same? What would differ? Would he still be a father and widow, or never married without any kids at all? Would he be a steadying voice of reason, or capricious and petty? Would he be Black or some other ethnicity? Would he even be human at all? Let's hear it. What would make a compelling alternate universe Adam Brashear?
    My favorite alternate versions of heroes are always the evil ones that went on to kill all the other heroes and take over the world in some sort of alternate distopian future. Like Maestro or King Hyperion. It's cliche, but it's fun.

Uber Super power heroes seldom if ever cut lose, so getting evil versions allow us to really see what they're capable of. A guy with Reed Richard brain in Supermans body can do a lot of damage if he went bad, and I think it would be fun to see. He can call himself the Blue Monarch, or something along those lines. Give him a very evil sounding regal title. He can wear his old classic suit with the cape and the mask, only maybe give the mask a sort of crown look like one of those wraith kings from Lord of the RIngs. Again, cliche but it would be fun.
    Last edited by XPac; 08-16-2020 at 01:47 PM.

Ultimate Member

Maybe have a Blue Marvel who decided to work exclusively behind the scenes, forcibly recruiting the likes of the Pantheon and V-Battalion, taking out threats before anyone knows about them. New superhumans are given a choice, join and lay low, or be wiped out.

Extraordinary Member

An alternate Blue Marvel where his wife was not an undercover SHIELD agent but an undercover Hydra agent instead.

I would do three:
    1. Where he goes full Miracleman and completely reshapes Earth society via force. Ultimately it results in a paradise but he’s left questioning if he did the right thing. He would not have killed anyone, merely used his superior powers and mind to force the world to change.
    2. Where he goes full evil like XPac suggests, maybe he genocides all the whites like they feared he would, and he rules over a dystopia dictatorship
    3. Where he was the first superhero after Captain America, and it’s a MU which is more upbeat and less grey than the modern MU. The heroes are more clean-cut, and there’s less bigotry and hatred thanks to Adam taking an active stance against that kind of stuff. Basically Adam kicked off the New Age of Heroes like how Superman did over at DC, with Cap as kind of the JSA analog. He’s the guy the heroes are looking to for leadership.

Yet another actor who would make for a pretty solid Adam Brashear. Rick Worthy. At 6'2 and in his early 50s, he's not perfect, but I think close enough.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Invincible Member

I think the obvious story to do is the one where the president asks BM to step down and Adam says "no". This of course does causes all of political turmoil. All sorts of groups try to either co-op or recruit Adam. Other groups use his image to fear monger. His non-compliance also causes a hard rift in the superhero community.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    His non-compliance also causes a hard rift in the superhero community.
    A solid idea.

The one part about Adam's origin that I have difficulty with is understanding who comprised the superhero community of the early 1960s. Marvel's sliding timescale doesn't help. Grevioux's story gave me the impression that Blue Marvel was "the Superman" of that era, which is to say that he was the most popular, respected and generally revered for 2-3 years before his identity was revealed. Correct me if I'm wrong, folks, but I think Grevioux intended for Adam to occupy that period before the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, the X-men and all of the other "modern" costumed champions launched their careers. He wasn't only the most powerful hero, but perhaps the only active hero. Something about that doesn't seem right.

It's too bad that Grevioux didn't set aside a panel or two to show Blue Marvel interacting with other heroes from his era. I mean if Adam is Superman, where is his Justice Society? And even if he never formed a team with anyone, who were his superhero contemporaries that he could interact with and possibly hold him accountable? Part of me wishes Grevioux would come back and fill in the blanks.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin